franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

You both are idiots. OP, you never played the game so how do you know what anyone can block out. 2p your team and fans are as classless as you are. It is against TSSAA rules to blow horns period. Your fans did it against us and probably every one else. You always got the calls and everyone who has been around knows why. Your coaches are classless. They taunted our coaches and our players both times we played . Your team used to have some class, but they are Riverdale trash now. Notice how no one from the region except Riverdale is giving you congrats. It is because they know you won way too many games on CHEAP calls by paying the refs. Was Rankin in the pressbox calling the plays?

The airhorns didn't make procedure penalties, they caused turnovers you moron. It sure wasn't your defense. Smyrna's is much better and faster.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, what to cap off such a special season. The way Oakland plays is not pretty in the least, but it wears teams down and wins ballgames. Usually being one dimension is a certifable kiss of death when you get this far, but for Oakland, it is almost a badge of honor, to be able to run the football like they do.

I watched the 98 team and loved the way they play and on paper, they are probably better than the 08 team, but I think the 08 team's championship means a little more to the program, school, and community as a whole. With the 98 team, there was at least a lil bit of success and while the gold ball was still a suprise, you could see that Oakland was heading in the right direction. Obviously with the 08 team, alot of uncertainty loomed and while there was optimism, I dont think many people believed that Oakland would accomplish what they did. Add to the fact that the school has been in hard times as of late, and its an accomplishments that brings everything into light. Some scoff at the notion that football or any sport can bind communities together, to make them unified, but obviously those folks did not witness the postgame scenes at Oakland the last 2 games, it is something that goes beyond football.

What this coaching staff did in a years time is just truly amazing. These kids play hard, execute well, but are also role models in this community, and to project your program as one with decency and class is more important than winning at times, but it is hard to top what everyone was feeling last night.

What a fantastic game for the state title. I have to admit I was rather disappointed on the running of the clock though. In addition to Fanklin appearing to have 1 secound left on the clock at the end of regulation there was a change of possession after Franklin's last drive of the first half ( I believe it was a stop on downs) when 30+ seconds were allowed to run off the clock which ended really limited the types of plays Oakland could try to run to score. Sad to see the biggest 5A game of the year has such poor clock work by the officials.

I would just like to say how happy I am for the entire OHS program and especially the seniors. Those guys went through a lot of hard work, down times, and heavy doubt from the school (including former teammates who wouldn't put in the work) and community and stuck to it and went out on top. Wanted to give a shout to Amey, Barrett, Bass, Valentine, and Wade for all the plays they have made the last three years and another big shout out for emotional leaders like Summers and Petrone. You guys did someting special that no one can ever take away from you. Can't wait to see the great future of this program, as many great players that have to be replaced there is still a ton of talent on the roster.

Oakland played last night just like they have all year, they found a way to win. From the 4th quarter of the quaterfinals through the end their will to run the football could not be denied, impressive to watch. It's been special to watch and have filled this fan so many great memories I will forever cherish.

Any idea if guys like Amey, Barrett, Bass, and Valentine are getting collegiate looks and if so where?

I second giving some heavy praise to the Seniors. As good as our talent and execution from our upperclassmen were, the Seniors made this achievement possible, so proud of each and every one of them and they can graduate knowing they started something special at Oakland.

You both are idiots. OP, you never played the game so how do you know what anyone can block out. 2p your team and fans are as classless as you are. It is against TSSAA rules to blow horns period. Your fans did it against us and probably every one else. You always got the calls and everyone who has been around knows why. Your coaches are classless. They taunted our coaches and our players both times we played . Your team used to have some class, but they are Riverdale trash now. Notice how no one from the region except Riverdale is giving you congrats. It is because they know you won way too many games on CHEAP calls by paying the refs. Was Rankin in the pressbox calling the plays?

The airhorns didn't make procedure penalties, they caused turnovers you moron. It sure wasn't your defense. Smyrna's is much better and faster.

Classless? You must be a Smyrna fan. Get over the losses, enjoy your 2 Championships. It's up to the officials to enforce the rules. I was really shocked that in the state championship game they had the timing errors at the end of each half. And there are plenty of horns in the band, Mr. fballismyhero....but you don't have a problem with them playing during plays? And you infer that we get calls because we are classless? What sense does that make? 2Priceless isn't classless either, I think you must be an immature 14 year old or something. I seem to recall Smryna running out and confronting Oakland's players pre kickoff during the playoff game? Was that classless? I don't think so, i think that's emotion. You can't play football without emotion. And I am glad to know from you, Mr. Expert, that our defense had nothing to do with the turnovers, or Frankln's execution, it was all the air horns from 100+ yards away...yeah, that makes sense....Smyrna is so much better too, that they couldn't beat OHS even 1 time. LOL I guess that fumbled snap from center in the playoff game had something to do with OHS coaches yelling or some fan blowing an air horn lol I know a couple of your coaches, and count them as friends, and I know that they would not agree with your statements, and I am sure they were glad to see OHS win the championship last night.

Hey guy last I checked Oakland went 2-0 against Smyrna this yr...

Can you explain how a air horn could cause a fumble?

News flash Oakland won it all.

D wins championships. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

6 pts...............you know what that is fballismyhero?? That's how many points Smyrna scored in 8 quarters of regulation play against Oakland's defense.

Look at the video on the DNJ.......look at which team's coaches were on the field between the two teams. Smyrna's coaches were nowhere to be found.

5 for 6...........Hicks, 5 carries for 6 yards after letting everyone know they were going to the "SHIP"

Airhorns my #$%

Get over yourself and get on with your life..........the jewelry salesmen is in M'boro on Monday!!!

WOW someone peed in his Cheerios!!!!!!!!!

WINNING BREEDS JEALOUSY!!!!!! Oakland had a ton of class when we were losing thats funny...... we win and we are classless.....to that I say......STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a really good football game. I thought the way it started that lots of points were going to be scored. Both defenses settled down after the first drives until turnovers and of course the last drive by Oakland. Man you guys smashed it down Franklin's throat on that drive.

I enjoyed watching the games with many of my coaching friends up in the stands, but I hope someday to get there on the field!

Congrats to both teams!!!!!

We always got the calls, huh? Tell that to the ref who flagged us for holding last night that brought the TD by Precious back. He must have not gotten his bag of gold. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe you need to go back and watch the game....we had more penalties than Franklin, and probably more every game we played this season than our opponents.

Why is it when we win we get accused of paying off the refs? We get this same garbage in baseball and basketball too!

We always got the calls, huh? Tell that to the ref who flagged us for holding last night that brought the TD by Precious back. He must have not gotten his bag of gold. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe you need to go back and watch the game....we had more penalties than Franklin, and probably more every game we played this season than our opponents.

Why is it when we win we get accused of paying off the refs? We get this same garbage in baseball and basketball too!

Your right 2p!!!! Like i said winning breeds jealousy!!!!!!!!!!! People want us to be the lovable losers.

again...I say to that......STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

I happen to know Oakland only paid off the refs in one game this season. They needed help beating CC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats O'land...I predicted OT, but ya'll just had to score and mess that up. Must of paid the ref for the TD call. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> or maybe the airhorn just scared him and he threw his hands up to surrender. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Some people are just idiots...God love 'em /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />