franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin threw a quick pass. Reciever went out of bounds with what appeared to be one second left on the clock. Replay showed the same thing. Oakland ran out in celebration assuming the game was over. Refs called the game. In reality one last play was a long shot, but you never know. I think the ball would of been on Frankilns own 35 or 40. Not sure about the yardline.

Did Franklin make that known to the referees that there should have been one more second on the clock?

I was watching on TV so it was hard to tell. I had no dog in the fight, I just wanted to see some laterals. I'm a fan of good endings, but the effort of Oaklands back was nothing short of impressive. It was a great ending regardless. They could of taken a field goal but instead with about 15 seconds left they called their last timeout and ran up the middle ( I think it was their last timeout). I think they would have made it known, it was hard to tell with all the on field celebration.

Did Franklin make that known to the referees that there should have been one more second on the clock?

yes. Every offensive player began to walk to the line and the franklin coaching staff was up in arms.

To the franklin students... Throwing stuff at the ref as he walked off the field was unneccasary. Puts a bad name on everyonefrom franklin. Instead you should have been supporting your team

Congrats to the Pats!! You get the ball in a tie game with 6 minutes to go, drive almost 70 yards without even thinking about a pass. Oakland's O Line took over on the last drive and even with Franklin having 9 or 10 in the box got the job done. This is with the announcers on TV continually imploring them to throw the ball. Obviously Coach Mac knew what he was doing. That is as physical a drive in the clutch as I have seen in years. Coach Mac did say before the game it was physical vs. finesse.

I was watching on TV so it was hard to tell. I had no dog in the fight, I just wanted to see some laterals. I'm a fan of good endings, but the effort of Oaklands back was nothing short of impressive. It was a great ending regardless. They could of taken a field goal but instead with about 15 seconds left they called their last timeout and ran up the middle ( I think it was their last timeout). I think they would have made it known, it was hard to tell with all the on field celebration.

They did have 1 timeout left, so pretty safe call there.

Pretty evenly matched game. Oakland had 272 yards - all on the ground. Franklin had 278 yards, 129 rushing and 149 passing. Oakland ran about 60 +/- offensive plays, to about 30 something for Franklin. Time of possession was won by Oakland something like 29 minutes to 19 minutes. Franklin turned the ball over twice, and Oakland had a touchdown called back because of a penalty. I believe Oakland had 15 first downs and Franklin had 13.

Congratulations to both teams on great seasons.