Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

Grunt handled it pretty good, he supplied me with same information on the 22 team a couple yrs ago. I'm thinking there was a piece in the paper a few yrs ago. Talking about the Coach, and those who played and listing the teams they played.

As I've read in some of the earlier post. I don't know of any hardware. However; there are trophys on display that are old and worn that may or maynot be from aournd that time. again there is a 22 team photo hanging up with others just out side of gym. There is another team photo. I've seen inside another display, think its the 1924 team. don't have any info on the yr record.

Hartsville probably is getting close to celebrating its 100thyr. playing football. when exactly that is . I'm not sure. I think the Old High School's construction was completed around 1918 or 19. I have came across a web site. "Game of the Century" www.2.cumberland.edu. mention cumberland possibly playing a town team from Harstville in 1916. (this was the yr. Georgia Tech scored the 222 points). It's good reading check it out.

If you check you will find that there is a lineman that is playing and his great grandfather on his mothers side was on that team. yes they were listed as the state champs and that family is in possession of a ball that is safegurded. the ball is a whole lot less pointed and looks more round. it was passed down after the death of the player. it is not known for sure but has been stated that it was a game ball as it has 22 state champs painted on it . i am proud of it and would like to see it in that case one day. but for now i think the family will hold on to it as it serves for inspiration for the current tc player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford is OUT!! Made it through Mr. Football without pain but pain started to increase that night. Was evaluated yesterday and said that range of motion was not good. Will go see doctor again on Monday to discuss surgery possibilities. Jacket defense is tremendously wweaker in the middle without him. I don't know if Jackets can recover defensively. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'd say somebody will step up. ? Only position on most teams that could totally swing a game if they didn't play is QB.

Coach Sat. always had some type of new phrase or sayin, that he used in motivation. I dont no if he coined this one or just herd it somewhere, but we was in the tape room one day before practice, an he came out with it. He had all kinds. He liked to tell jokes too.

He liked collision , he used to say , on kickoffs an punts you run with reckless abandon.

he sounds like a wise man and a great coach.

I agree...the coverage has been bad. I would think that TC making it to the state with out a Satterfield as head coach and JB's first time going to the dance....deserves one article

NO, the coverage hasn't been bad.....Its been disgraceful, pathetic, and pitiful. The TV coverage has been terrible too. I like how all the coverage of the Mr. Football banquest is squeezed into 30 seconds and everything is about private schools. One stattion had interviews with Rogers and Cunningham (neither team playing this week) and that was it. Not that these players are not deserving but there are some great stories out there. What about the kicker from TC? That is not classified; only ONE kicker chosen and he is from a small midstate town. I bet if MBA or Goodpasture or OMG the game doesn't matter unless you are from Riverdale had their kicker win, it would have been a call-in show dedicated to them. I remember when the Tennessean cam around and wrote stories each week. Then coverage got pretty good during the playoffs. I have seen something on Precious Valentine everyday in The Tennessean. Great player no doubt, great name no doubt, but come on. I know Coach McDaniel and I bet there are more stories than Precious. It is a shame that Jo Byrns can't get some ink. It is their first trip for god sake. How about the TC/SP game? We had #1 vs. #2. Two of the prime programs in the state and NOTTA, ZIP, ZERO TV stations came up. Chattanooga had two big trucks here that I know of. I've seen Rudy land in Hartsville for a Watertown regular season game. Come on......Hey I bet that the front page of the paper on Saturday will not have the TC/JB game as its main picture. It will be the Preds regular season game or a Vandy basketball game or a picture of Hillsboro at Thursday's practice. It has changed. I remember when the All-Midstate Team was picked by class with Def./Off. POY and Coach of the Year, with pics, and interviews. Two or three teams for each class. Get real.....And you increased the paper by a quarter. Remember who buys those papers...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I can go all day on this one.

Come on......Hey I bet that the front page of the paper on Saturday will not have the TC/JB game as its main picture. It will be the Preds regular season game or a Vandy basketball game or a picture of Hillsboro at Thursday's practice...Get real.....And you increased the paper by a quarter. Remember who buys those papers...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I can go all day on this one.

I'll second that 100% and I will NOT be renewing my subscription.

79 pages and counting. Jo Byrns reminds me of the old Tampa Bay Bucaneers. They talk a good game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They don't just talk they back it up. We have never been accused of being quiet we are the blabber mouths of Region 5 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />