Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

Just because i owe SB38...im going to pick Jo Byrns....i picked Cascade over them and they won....i though McKenzie would beat them but i was wrong again....so with all that behind me im going to pick Jo Byrns....they are one of the most physical, smartest defenses i have ever set my eyes on...

My hero!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" why don't you stick with your trend and pick Trousdale? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our CO-OP hats say "World's Finest Dark Fired Tobacco" and the seat of my granddad's Super C still has my butt print ...and everything RD88 said is the truth. I posted earlier that there was an article in The Tennessean a few years back that had JB, TC, and I believe ER telling of how all these schools have young men working all day in the tobacco patch, then practicing football at night.

Over the years ther has been many a fine football players growed in them bakker patches an hay fields. Not so much today as back then,(60's & 70's).

The mex's has taken over all the farm jobs that a lot of the city boys used to get, and us farm boys grew up doing.

I remember many a nights of coming to the fieldhouse and takin a shower to get the tobacco and hay grit off me so I could suit up for practice.

I don't know about now but in the early-mid 90's Coach Adkins grew Tobacco and some players would go help him in the filed in the morning and then go with him to practice in the afternoon. There have been plenty of players through the years (mostly lineman-type) that didn't play football at JB because of the farm. Times have certainly changed but not entirely.

Ther was no such thing as 2adays for practice. It was tried once by Coach Beene , I think only 3 showed up the first day the rest were farm family boys. We were all in either hay or tobacco. Didnt have time for no mornin practice.......Daddy wood have beat our tails if we had even asked off.

Most kids these days don't know what it's like to really put in a day of hard work. ? I can remember more than one occasion in high school were we would check out of school at noon and head straight for the hay fields. ? It was the only source of income back then (farm work) Obviously you didn't get paid to haul hay for your Dad, so most of us would organize crews to haul hay. ? Several nights, we'd continue to haul only to get home in time the next morning to shower and head back to school. 4 cents a bale was normal, but if your crew was short-handed you sometimes got an extra penny a bale. ? Unfortunately for me, I was a very good stacker, so I got to handle EVERY bale most of the time. ? Was also pretty stout back then, so I got to be the guy throwing the bales up into the loft. ? That wasn't all bad on those 95 degree days when you were topping a barn off up next to the tin roof....LOL

Any word on the Ford kid,or is it on the hush, hush. I would hate it for him, to have to miss this game. He's a hoss and a huge part of this team. He would create a mismatch for Jo Byrns. I'd say he was a mismatch in nearly every game they played this season. At least ,he's only a Jr.

all i know is that Isaac Bourne is playing this week for jb when he didn't play last week. he is a monster on Offense and Defense. will be a huge addition to the team. he is one of their best players.

Ford is OUT!! Made it through Mr. Football without pain but pain started to increase that night. Was evaluated yesterday and said that range of motion was not good. Will go see doctor again on Monday to discuss surgery possibilities. Jacket defense is tremendously wweaker in the middle without him. I don't know if Jackets can recover defensively. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ford is OUT!! Made it through Mr. Football without pain but pain started to increase that night. Was evaluated yesterday and said that range of motion was not good. Will go see doctor again on Monday to discuss surgery possibilities. Jacket defense is tremendously wweaker in the middle without him. I don't know if Jackets can recover defensively. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

i detect a hint of sarcasm there! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I do have one question. What's up with the coverage leading up to this game? I mean two local teams, and the Tennessean can't come up with an article? Seems to me there would be plenty of storylines. I guess the Titans, Preds, Kiffen, OHS/FHS, Hillsboro (Maryville's win streak) just take up too much space. 1A coverage has never been the best, but I don't remember ever being this bad! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> At least we've (fans) experienced it before, I feel bad for the Devil Nation. First time to the big show, and nothing. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I'm out of town at the moment, and can only see what is posted online or linked to coachT. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

I agree...the coverage has been bad. I would think that TC making it to the state with out a Satterfield as head coach and JB's first time going to the dance....deserves one article

i like that quote by Jim B

Coach Sat. always had some type of new phrase or sayin, that he used in motivation. I dont no if he coined this one or just herd it somewhere, but we was in the tape room one day before practice, an he came out with it. He had all kinds. He liked to tell jokes too.

He liked collision , he used to say , on kickoffs an punts you run with reckless abandon.