Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, the coverage hasn't been bad.....Its been disgraceful, pathetic, and pitiful. The TV coverage has been terrible too. I like how all the coverage of the Mr. Football banquest is squeezed into 30 seconds and everything is about private schools. One stattion had interviews with Rogers and Cunningham (neither team playing this week) and that was it. Not that these players are not deserving but there are some great stories out there. What about the kicker from TC? That is not classified; only ONE kicker chosen and he is from a small midstate town. I bet if MBA or Goodpasture or OMG the game doesn't matter unless you are from Riverdale had their kicker win, it would have been a call-in show dedicated to them. I remember when the Tennessean cam around and wrote stories each week. Then coverage got pretty good during the playoffs. I have seen something on Precious Valentine everyday in The Tennessean. Great player no doubt, great name no doubt, but come on. I know Coach McDaniel and I bet there are more stories than Precious. It is a shame that Jo Byrns can't get some ink. It is their first trip for god sake. How about the TC/SP game? We had #1 vs. #2. Two of the prime programs in the state and NOTTA, ZIP, ZERO TV stations came up. Chattanooga had two big trucks here that I know of. I've seen Rudy land in Hartsville for a Watertown regular season game. Come on......Hey I bet that the front page of the paper on Saturday will not have the TC/JB game as its main picture. It will be the Preds regular season game or a Vandy basketball game or a picture of Hillsboro at Thursday's practice. It has changed. I remember when the All-Midstate Team was picked by class with Def./Off. POY and Coach of the Year, with pics, and interviews. Two or three teams for each class. Get real.....And you increased the paper by a quarter. Remember who buys those papers...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I can go all day on this one.

Great Post!!! I agree 100%

I don't think this will factor in .......Sno ain't gonna take no chances of bamagin them purty , smoothe , surgical appendages that he has /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

i'm closing in on your identity tushhog. only people i know that are up posten at 5 a.m. usually spent their days on top of roof's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> they are purty hands aint they. they went from snapping balls to slicin and dicin /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Any word on the Ford kid,or is it on the hush, hush. I would hate it for him, to have to miss this game. He's a hoss and a huge part of this team. He would create a mismatch for Jo Byrns. I'd say he was a mismatch in nearly every game they played this season. At least ,he's only a Jr.

Ford will be out. I think he tore a ligament in his knee. At least that is what I was told.

I don't know about now but in the early-mid 90's Coach Adkins grew Tobacco and some players would go help him in the filed in the morning and then go with him to practice in the afternoon. There have been plenty of players through the years (mostly lineman-type) that didn't play football at JB because of the farm. Times have certainly changed but not entirely.

It was similar in Gordonsville as well. Coach Wills would end practice with, "I need to see my backer cutters." yea

Shoot, I remember in 95, the heat index got up to 120, and I'd work in my dad's patch all day and then ride a bicycle 6 miles to school for practice. I'd usually have to get a ride home.

There is nowhere near the amount of people growing tobacco in Smith County as there used to be, and as dry as it has been the last two summers, there haven't been as much hay being hauled. Heck, I think every school should have about 10 acres of tobacco and about a 30 acre hayfield just for the football team. Wouldn't need a weight room then.

Here is what Jeff Lockridge had to say about the game and his pick from yesterday:

"Trousdale Co. (14-0) vs. Jo Byrns (13-1): Two rural communities clash in a Class 1A title game with a lot of local flavor. Jo Byrns must establish its offense early behind quarterback Scott Adkins and show it can move the chains against that stingy defense. Otherwise, Trousdale County??™s line has the ability to take over. Trousdale Co. 28-14."

I wish Lockridge had not done that. I think he picked Smith County and South Pittsburg to beat TC, and from other post(s), apparently he has made several wrong predictions. This could be the kiss of death for TC.

It was similar in Gordonsville as well. Coach Wills would end practice with, "I need to see my backer cutters." yea

Shoot, I remember in 95, the heat index got up to 120, and I'd work in my dad's patch all day and then ride a bicycle 6 miles to school for practice. I'd usually have to get a ride home.

There is nowhere near the amount of people growing tobacco in Smith County as there used to be, and as dry as it has been the last two summers, there haven't been as much hay being hauled. Heck, I think every school should have about 10 acres of tobacco and about a 30 acre hayfield just for the football team. Wouldn't need a weight room then.

Most people roll their hay now. ? Hard to find kids willing to haul it now...LOL

I wish Lockridge had not done that. I think he picked Smith County and South Pittsburg to beat TC, and from other post(s), apparently he has made several wrong predictions. This could be the kiss of death for TC.

I think the paper said he was 4-4 on his picks last week. ? At least you have a 50/50 chance...LOL

Well that's it then the Gold bold is coming to the Dungeon!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Some how I don't think that the TC players will pay that any attention whatsoever. Now if Murphy Fair picks you then /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />