Manassas Basketball

Legend

If Buckner were to get in foul trouble Humboldt might win. Buckner owns the paint on the defensive end no matter who the opponent is. Just my opinion.

Buckner can't defend Tevin Crayton and Charles Taylor at the same time.... If Humboldt and Manassas play this year, I believe Humboldt wins unless it's sub-state in Memphis.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckner can't defend Tevin Crayton and Charles Taylor at the same time.... If Humboldt and Manassas play this year, I believe Humboldt wins unless it's sub-state in Memphis.

I never said he could. I siad he owns the paint. You wanna see how one man can dominate the paint. Next time Miss State plays on TV watch Jarvis Varnado and you will see what I'm talking about. Remember Memphis vs Miss St in the NCAA Tournement last year. Varnado almost by himself shut down the paint. The Tigers barley won that game.

I guess you assume Buckenr is going to be out on the wing guarding...not gonna happen. Buckner will most likely break the alltime shot blocking record for the State this season (I think) and average 15+ rebounds a game to.

Seriously, I think that is the one thing everybody is overlooking. If Buckner is not in foul trouble the other team becomes one diminsional. If your not a perimiter team like UC last year it really screws things up. At least that's what I think. For Real, next time Miss St is on watch them. I saw Varnado do this in highschool before he got there to. People are really and truly acting as if Manassas has no chance against Humboldt because of one game...........BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!! Both are great teams and deserving of being metioned side by side. The Humboldt faithful better get another bandwagon becuase this one is overloaded...LOL until they have a bad game and lose, then it will be empty!!!!!!!!! Except for those that were there in the begining.

Nobody can accuse me of not giving Humboldt props. I said it before the season started. I made the comment this team could be special and had bigtime talent, and plays really good defense to. Unlike alot of others that are just now seeing the light!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trust me.....one or two bad games and these same people will desert them. A word from me to the Humboldt faithful...I won't be one of those people!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> These same people on the Humboldt bandwagon are the same one that have been dogging them for the last two seasons.............HEY, I UNDERSTAND THOUGH!!!!!!! EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I saw Jarvis Varnardo play several times in high school. I know who he is.

Since your so high on Buckner and so high on Humboldt....

it's simple....

Buckner shutting down the paint and Northington doing his thing on the outside ORRRRRR......

Charles Taylor and Co. shooting the 3 ball extremely well like they have been thus far....

who wins?

Manassas or Humboldt?

I don't know. This could be a tough game to pick. I would love to see some real numbers for the entire season thus far (Humboldt 3pt FG%). Not what people say. I mean the actual numbers. Humboldt would have to get Buckner in folul trouble to open things up. When Buckners in the game he owns the paint. Buckner would block/alter Taylor and Craytons shots just like he does everybody elses. Just look at the schedule Manassas played last season and look at Buckners average for block shots and rebounds. I can assure anybody Taylor and Crayton would not intimidate Buckner. The best three point shooter I saw for Humboldt was a freshman, about 5'4 with ice water in his vains. I do't know how many minutes he gets but he is a good players and is not intimidated because of his size or the fact he is a freshman. At least he wasn't when I saw him. Taylor is a pretty good shooter to. But, the freshman is something else and is gonna be a bigtime player (i think) when his time comes.

I know one thing though. Before the season started alot of people were still saying UC in the district. Where that logic was coming from I have no idea. Mystic don't win ball games. Like I said EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER.....OF COURSE, AS LONG AS THEY ARE WINNING!!!!!

Your OK...I'm just messing with you!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If they played right now Humboldt would edge out a win.

but later on in March who knows??

and who are you guys talking about when you say "bandwagon" jumpers.

Humboldt is playing very well right now...you got that right!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was refering to all the people that was doubting Humboldt before the season started and now everybody is on board. Before the season started the only people I saw on here that really believed in Humboldt was the Humboldt fans. They were telling everybody this was a team that could be special but nobody was listening.

Humboldt is playing very well right now...you got that right!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was refering to all the people that was doubting Humboldt before the season started and now everybody is on board. Before the season started the only people I saw on here that really believed in Humboldt was the Humboldt fans. They were telling everybody this was a team that could be special but nobody was listening.

You know why nobody listened.....????? Because we hear the same thing EVERY YEAR!!!!

Now that I've seen them, they are a very good team. That doesn't mean I'm on their bandwagon. I'm just letting it be known that they are a GREAT team.

You know why nobody listened.....????? Because we hear the same thing EVERY YEAR!!!!

Now that I've seen them, they are a very good team. That doesn't mean I'm on their bandwagon. I'm just letting it be known that they are a GREAT team.

Now we are on the same page!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Humboldt will have to pick there poison!!! How will they defend Buckner? 1 of 1 thats a nightmare!!! Double Buckner and Shaq Walker, Joe Northington, Kindle Woodard, Jamarco Corral, and Marcus Holloway will make you pay!!! So forget about how Buckner will defend them. ask them how they will guard him!!!

If they play zone it will rain on them!!!! If they play man those tall guys wont be able to keep up with Manassas guards!!!

so keep talking!!! you will eat your words AGAIN!!!! WHO has HUMBOLDT BEAT SO FAR? NOBODY!!!!!!

Humboldt will have to pick there poison!!! How will they defend Buckner? 1 of 1 thats a nightmare!!! Double Buckner and Shaq Walker, Joe Northington, Kindle Woodard, Jamarco Corral, and Marcus Holloway will make you pay!!! So forget about how Buckner will defend them. ask them how they will guard him!!!

If they play zone it will rain on them!!!! If they play man those tall guys wont be able to keep up with Manassas guards!!!

so keep talking!!! you will eat your words AGAIN!!!! WHO has HUMBOLDT BEAT SO FAR? NOBODY!!!!!!

true humboldt hasn't really played anyone yet... i do see that as a problem for them! maybe lake co. will test them tomorrow night...

Humboldt[

# Team Overall Classification

2x Lake Co. 8-0-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Peabody 7-3-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Milan 6-1-0 Division I, Class AA, Region 7, District 13

2x Union City 5-4-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Gibson Co. 4-2-0 Division I, Class AA, Region 7, District 13

2x Gleason 2-4-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x South Fulton 2-5-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Greenfield 2-5-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Halls 2-7-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Bradford 0-5-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

2x Dresden 0-6-0 Division I, Class A, Region 7, District 14

nothing about this schedule tell me this a good team!!!

Milan and Gibson Co are the only 2 AA Teams!!!! lol!!!

Now Manassas

# Team Overall Classification

2x G.W. Carver 4-3-0 Division I, Class AA, Region 8, District 15

2x Middleton 3-2-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16

2x Memphis Northside 3-3-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 8, District 16

2x Fayette Academy 2-1-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16

2x City University 2-4-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16

2x MASE 1-1-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16

2x Middle College 1-7-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16

1x Ridgeway 7-2-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 8, District 15

1x Evangelical Christian 5-4-0 Division II, West Region

1x Craigmont 4-1-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 7, District 14

1x Hamilton 3-3-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 8, District 16

This dont show the three out of town games!!!!!

will be ready!!!!