Manassas Basketball

Legend

yankees, go watch UC and say they don't have the talent there to upset Lake Co. or Humboldt. They do! If they get hot on the right night versus Humboldt or Lake Co. they will beat them. The Humboldt people will doubt it just because their Humboldt and unbeatable, but it can happen.

If I remember, UC started 2 sophomores tonight! This is the Liberty team all over again. They had a great team 1 year (not saying that UC was as good as the Liberty team), and they turn around the next and they are an average YOUNG team that will be beaten in the Regions. Now, Liberty is back to running their show. Mark my words, UC will be back to the top in another year or 2 in 1A.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankees, go watch UC and say they don't have the talent there to upset Lake Co. or Humboldt. They do! If they get hot on the right night versus Humboldt or Lake Co. they will beat them. The Humboldt people will doubt it just because their Humboldt and unbeatable, but it can happen.

If I remember, UC started 2 sophomores tonight! This is the Liberty team all over again. They had a great team 1 year (not saying that UC was as good as the Liberty team), and they turn around the next and they are an average YOUNG team that will be beaten in the Regions. Now, Liberty is back to running their show. Mark my words, UC will be back to the top in another year or 2 in 1A.

I have no doubt they will be back in a year or two...just don't have enough now. Liberty was very good and way above average after the second State Championship. They went 21 and 6 and got shocked by Millington in the region. That was last season. In fairness I know you aren't comparing this UC team to last seasons Liberty team. At least I hope not...LOL it kinda sounded that way and I know you didn't mean it like that. Liberty was much better than an average YOUNG team. They were actually A VERY VERY GOOD YOUNG TEAM.

Last season Liberty beat

Bolvar twice ( a team that went to State)

DC (another State team)

Melrose

Craigmont

Haywood twice (substate team)

Lost to a nationally ranked Ridgeway team by 7

Lost to State runner up Mitchell by 7

I look for Liberty to make it back to state (I Hope) this season and maybe have a MONSTER season in 2009/2010.

I agree 100% with you though, UC will be back. They are just a very young team trying to find there way right now.

UC does not have the talent to beat Humboldt this year...Maybe Lake Co (I'll find out Tuesday), but not Humboldt...

As far as the Manassas-Humboldt conversation...That's a long way down the road...I don't imagine these teams will meet anytime before the state tournament barring any unforseen upsets...

I know if Manassas brings that lazy attitude on the court with this year's Vikings team, they'll get run out of the gym...

Legend, you asked how Humboldt could have gotten better despite losing 4 starters...Well, the 4 guys lost were PG Chauncey Hunt, G Odell Jackson, G Cordero Wade, and C EJ Epperson....PG Ramon Parham off the bench was also a senior last year...

This year, Humboldt starts a lineup a little more like this...

Point - Quan Campbell 5'9 Sophomore (explosive, creates well, very good passer, unreal leaper)

Wing - Rashad Wade 5'11 Senior (Lefty that can shoot it from anywhere)

Wing - Charles Taylor 6'6 Senior (Only returning starter, much improved...he's got the complete game)

Forward - Tevin Crayton 6'5 Senior (Can score from anywhere on the court, nice mid-range game, plays above the rim)

Center - Darren Dunbar 6'4 Junior (Athletic leftly that plays big underneath but also has good range and a nice touch)

Bench - PG Joseph Gordon 5'6 Senior (Very quick, lockdown defender)

SG - Quenton Jennings 6'0 Senior (Very good knockdown shooter from deep)

SG - Antonio Brooks 5'4 Freshman (He's very young lefty but he's going to be a good one...deadly from deep)

F - Jarvis Porter 6'2 Senior (Has the potential to be a starter on this team, he can do it all)

C - Deandre Perry 6'4 Senior (Normally the strongest guy on the court, takes up a lot of space on the inside but is still very athletic and has a nice shoot)

UC does not have the talent to beat Humboldt this year...Maybe Lake Co (I'll find out Tuesday), but not Humboldt...

As far as the Manassas-Humboldt conversation...That's a long way down the road...I don't imagine these teams will meet anytime before the state tournament barring any unforseen upsets...

I know if Manassas brings that lazy attitude on the court with this year's Vikings team, they'll get run out of the gym...

Legend, you asked how Humboldt could have gotten better despite losing 4 starters...Well, the 4 guys lost were PG Chauncey Hunt, G Odell Jackson, G Cordero Wade, and C EJ Epperson....PG Ramon Parham off the bench was also a senior last year...

This year, Humboldt starts a lineup a little more like this...

Point - Quan Campbell 5'9 Sophomore (explosive, creates well, very good passer, unreal leaper)

Wing - Rashad Wade 5'11 Senior (Lefty that can shoot it from anywhere)

Wing - Charles Taylor 6'6 Senior (Only returning starter, much improved...he's got the complete game)

Forward - Tevin Crayton 6'5 Senior (Can score from anywhere on the court, nice mid-range game, plays above the rim)

Center - Darren Dunbar 6'4 Junior (Athletic leftly that plays big underneath but also has good range and a nice touch)

Bench - PG Joseph Gordon 5'6 Senior (Very quick, lockdown defender)

SG - Quenton Jennings 6'0 Senior (Very good knockdown shooter from deep)

SG - Antonio Brooks 5'4 Freshman (He's very young lefty but he's going to be a good one...deadly from deep)

F - Jarvis Porter 6'2 Senior (Has the potential to be a starter on this team, he can do it all)

C - Deandre Perry 6'4 Senior (Normally the strongest guy on the court, takes up a lot of space on the inside but is still very athletic and has a nice shoot)

I am glad that Coach B. is starting Quan now..it makes us alot better i think.

He has really suprised me with the way he is taking care of the ball. Can't wait to see what the Lake Co. vs. HBT game has in store for us!

chipper you no when Manassas beat beat the crap out of witch ever 14A team come to Memphis for sub-state I will bring all this stuff back up right? lol!!

you no when Manassas beat Humboldt once again I will bring all thi back up right?

I will bring all this stuff back up and you will RUN~!!!!!!

We will see Legend.That Manassas team doesnt have the players that Humboldt has.Buckner best chance at a state championship was last year,but a jv team in 14A came back and dashed those hopes.Buckner will win Mr.Basketball,but Humboldt or Temple will win state.

We will see Legend.That Manassas team doesnt have the players that Humboldt has.Buckner best chance at a state championship was last year,but a jv team in 14A came back and dashed those hopes.Buckner will win Mr.Basketball,but Humboldt or Temple will win state.

last year I never said UC was a JV team I said everyone else was! I proved to be right when HB came to Memphis. lol!

You guys need to realize that Lake Co starts Rafael Tyler and Caleb Bledsoe both freshmen in several games this year..Rafael is as good as any guard Lake Co has now..So he's going to get better..Will be better than brother Tony Tyler..Bledsoe may grow to be 6'5 before he's through..Ricky Boyd another freshman is about the third or fourth player off the bench ...And Lake Co is tied for 1st place in middle school with several goor players including the other Dominic Kimble,the Flowers kid,the brother of former football star Andre Flowers and maybe the best player,Zac Coleman,only a 7th grader...And next year..Patrick Robertson will be back,along with Leron Garret,the Hockett kid,all starting now and I look for the Giles kid and the Swift kid to play next year ,after Carlos and Dominic are gone..Both were starting while the football players were out and the Giles kid would be playing a lot now had he stayed out..! So..Patrick Robertson,Leron Garrett,Hockett,Rafael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe..could be the starters and maybe Ricky Boyd,Cris Rogers,Giles and Swift in the running for a starting job..Lake Co is going to be a top team for years to come..

You honestly think Manassas is the underdog? Just asking?

no not really... but with the way that all of these people are praising them i think that the fans themselves are fueling humboldt's motivation... lol which is good for the vikes! i'd pick humboldt in the game but i wouldnt call manassas an underdog if that makes sense... but yes if humboldt shoots well like i have seen this year then i doubt anyone in AA much less in A could beat them...

no not really... but with the way that all of these people are praising them i think that the fans themselves are fueling humboldt's motivation... lol which is good for the vikes! i'd pick humboldt in the game but i wouldnt call manassas an underdog if that makes sense... but yes if humboldt shoots well like i have seen this year then i doubt anyone in AA much less in A could beat them...

If Buckner were to get in foul trouble Humboldt might win. Buckner owns the paint on the defensive end no matter who the opponent is. Just my opinion.

If Buckner were to get in foul trouble Humboldt might win. Buckner owns the paint on the defensive end no matter who the opponent is. Just my opinion.

This manassas team reminds me of that trenton team when they had doaks. Guard play is bad. joe northern (misspelled) is not that impressive. I looked at his shot and cant figure out how he can avg. over 20 ppg. The best player that manassas has besides buckner is shaq walker. And the way they look playing that ky team, they might need to spend more time in the gym instead of gettin there hair cut. Lookin at one players head i know his name, what team he plays for, his height, his weight, his dob, his address, his favorite color( which is blue by the way), his favorite song, and his favorite movie. I didn't even have to look up there myspace page and knew a lot about half the team just by lookin at the back of most of there heads. Buckner is good but the rest of the team is suspect.

last year I never said UC was a JV team I said everyone else was! I proved to be right when HB came to Memphis. lol!

Were you at the game aginst Hopkinsville,Ky saturday nite?I was looking for you.I was going to come and holla at ya for a minute.What happened to Derrick Richards,i thought he was a junior last year.I remember he had a good game against UC last year.I think he wore number 25 last year.I asked some Manassas girls that was on the basketball team,and they didnt know Derrick Richards.