Manassas Basketball

Legend

chipper....You said Hoptown was horrible.....You know, Union City plays them at the Calloway Co Christmas Tourney in the opening round...How do you think that will turn out??....

Terrible was the word actually... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

UC will win.Hopkinsville had a lefty that was pretty good and a descent point guard.Outside of that,they wasnt that good.Actually,it was a boring game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you watch them in person,you will see.Legend got them out to be better than they were last year,and they are not even close.What St.Louis team are they playing?I thought about going to Marion Ill,to watch White Station and Briarcrest play in that tournament,but im going to watch UC and OC 2nite.

Whitfield (St. Louis, MO) St Louis B-Ball Classic...I don't know anything about the St Louis team but I read they had 3 mid major prospects and were a really good team.

When you watch them in person,you will see.Legend got them out to be better than they were last year,and they are not even close.What St.Louis team are they playing?I thought about going to Marion Ill,to watch White Station and Briarcrest play in that tournament,but im going to watch UC and OC 2nite.

chipper you no when Manassas beat beat the crap out of witch ever 14A team come to Memphis for sub-state I will bring all this stuff back up right? lol!!

you no when Manassas beat Humboldt once again I will bring all thi back up right?

I will bring all this stuff back up and you will RUN~!!!!!!

Whitfield (St. Louis, MO) St Louis B-Ball Classic...I don't know anything about the St Louis team but I read they had 3 mid major prospects and were a really good team.

They do have 3 mid-majors and Manassas brought it tonight winning by 15!!!!

They can say what they wont Manassas has played goot teams district 14A is a JV league!!!!!

They can say what they wont Manassas has played goot teams district 14A is a JV league!!!!!

Thanks, I have been trying to find the score for the lasy 2 hours. I want to make sure I understand this right. Manassas played at Graves County KY last night and made a trip to St Louis and won by 15 tonight....Is that correct?

I also saw where the Hopkinsville team was 2 and 0 before the game last night. Manasss had a bad game is all it was. I would love to know the fouls calls in that game. I saw Obioun County/Marshal County (on the internet) and it was obvious to anybody that the refs were clearly favoring Marshall County. I'm pretty sure a Memphis team against a local team would be similar...but, I wasn't there. Anyway, I put 0 stock in that game.

12/01/08 TBA @ Caldwell County (Princeton, KY) (TBA) 82-64 (W)

12/08/08 TBA @ University Heights (Hopkinsville, KY) (TBA) * 85-72 (W)

12/12/08 7:00 PM @ Manassas (Memphis, TN) (Kentucky Shootout) 53-56 (L)

BTW, not trying to start anything either but Chipper said Manassas would finish behind UC in there district. UC beat South Fulton by 2 and got beat tonight by Obion county. Manassas would absolutley crush those teams. People need to put the Manassas/Hopkinsville away..that is not the real Manassas and anybody that thinks so is mistaken.

I have posted that i'm not sold on UC and actullay said I thought Obion County would beat them (forgot the thread but it's out there).but, I will never question their heart and determination. UC will leave it on the court. Thesy just don't have the horses like years past and I would bet anything there coach would say that.

Well, don't let this UC loss to Obion Co. fool you either! Although, UC did lose to OC, some people had Obion Co. in their top 10 in West TN. Yes, Union City should've beat Obion Co., but it didn't happen. Union City was up nearly 15 points in the second quarter and let it slip away. This team is VERY young and very quick. Union City will let Humboldt have the spotlight all year this year, and when it comes time UC will step up. They won't make it to state, but they'll upset Lake Co. or Humboldt this year in a crucial game. I'm telling you, don't sleep on Union City! Their not near as good as last year, but they do have some good talent on the team.

okay once again you keep talking crap. i can not wait to see this show down. and stop calling district 14A names. jv that is a good one. so when one of us kick manassas back to m-town what will we be called? I know the state champs. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

okay once again you keep talking crap. i can not wait to see this show down. and stop calling district 14A names. jv that is a good one. so when one of us kick manassas back to m-town what will we be called? I know the state champs. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

lol if humboldt can shoot the lights out like i've seen them on occasion this year then they will crush manassas.... jv team lol that's funny... haven't seen many jv teams with a 6"5" a 6"6" a 6"7" and a 5"9" guy that can windmill dunk... lol although ironically the 5"9" guy did play in a jv game the other day...

GCPioneer, this is what I honestly think about UC.

I had Obion County and UC both at number 10. But keep in mind the gap is pretty wide between the top and bottom of the top 10. I also posted on here that I though Obion County would beat UC. It was about a week ago. It's out there I don't remember the thread though. UC had Obion County up 15 in the second qtr....thats the problem right there. The were up on South Fulton to by 13 or something in the 2nd haf and only beat them by 2. Look how many point SF scored.......remember this is SF were talking about. UC is not able to stop teams and from what I undersand is not shooting the ball well either.......that's been UC's bread and butter in the past ( defense and knocking down the three). Sisco or somebody alluded to bad shooting against SF and I know they shot poorly against DC and somebody posted they had another game of 3 for 40 or something like that (when I say poor shooting i'm talking about the three pointer). Keep in mind they have played 9 games against good and bad teams. Thats enoguh to get a fair idea even thoguh they should continue to improve but how can anybody explain the SF score....I can , it happens with a young team. I mean sure they can score and beat the really weak teams but against better than average and really top notch teams they are having trouble. I'm not sold but would not be suprised if the win quite a few games because of a steady diet of Halls, Bradford, Gleason, Dresden, Greenfield, and Trenton...that should be 12 wins right there and it's no guarentee they win all 12 of those but they should. Every really good or decent team UC has played so far they have lost to...and I don't count SS because they are not that good, trust me I know as well as anybody. Before anybody brings it up I will go ahead and say I put 0 stock in SS playing DC close (at SS) DC is MUCH MUCH better than SS...alot of young players on the road and a bad game, it happens.

Covington L 88 94

Humboldt L 56 82

DC L 72 85

OC L 66 73

UC is giving up an astonishing 83 points a game against the best teams they have played. Thats alot of points. I don't think they will beat either Humbolt or Lake County in the regular season or the district. I could be wrong and if so that's cool, no prolem. But, 9 games in, there should be more improvment at this point if you want to compete at a high level. According to the scores posted on each teams schedule (and I admit all scores are not posted but most of them are) this is what it looks like.

The teams UC has beat has a combined record of 6 wins and 26 loses

The teams UC has lost to has a combined record of 26 wins and 6 loses

I can guarente Sisco is doing everything is his power to get them back to beng an elite team but it probably won't be this season and he knows that. You can argue with the numbers but they don't lie and I would be willing to bet Sisco know these stats. Every coach lives and breaths stats. I would love to know UC's 3 point FG % for the season, I bet it's not that good and is most likely very poor. UC will do what it can to win this season but they are really rebuilding for the future. They can run with the better teams and score at a decent clip but it just aint enough this season. They will win quite a few games and pad the record against the bad teams but just don't have enough against the good teams. Just what I think. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. UC will for sure have much success because they are a top program butevery team has down years. This is not about mystic and all that it about having the horses to win now.

lol if humboldt can shoot the lights out like i've seen them on occasion this year then they will crush manassas.... jv team lol that's funny... haven't seen many jv teams with a 6"5" a 6"6" a 6"7" and a 5"9" guy that can windmill dunk... lol although ironically the 5"9" guy did play in a jv game the other day...

You honestly think Manassas is the underdog? Just asking?