Manassas Basketball

Legend

1st thing I'm not taking a shot at those kids I'm taking shots at the dummies!!! 2nd thing I'm a fan saying my team is better than yours!!! 3rd thing stuff you say sounds dumb!!!! Last U not the 1st or the last person who will have a problem with me on here!!!! lol!!!

Well hey there my old friend Legend!!..First of all big props to Buckner signing with the Rebels..I think its a great fit for him and i don't blame him at all going ahead and signing..It was probly the best thing getting it out of the way and letting him focus on the season and making a run for the state title..Well Nice seeing ya again Legend and good luck to the Manssas Tigers.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adsmom said...."Should have read some of the UC/Manassas threads last year....WHOA!!!!!!!!! "....

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

BTW...I still think Legend is loco....But he's alright....He's got the "big dog" this year.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

adsmom said...."Should have read some of the UC/Manassas threads last year....WHOA!!!!!!!!! "....

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

BTW...I still think Legend is loco....But he's alright....He's got the "big dog" this year.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> It was very entertaining to say the least. I tuned in daily /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everybody that had Manassas walking away with the championship,including myself,can just about toss that out the window.I watched them play a terrible Hopkinsville,Ky team,and Manassas is not good.Humboldt will blast Manassas.I know Joe Northington is being recruited by some D1 schools,i thought he was also terrible.Joe Northington is way overrated.He was not good at all.Buckner fouled out midway thru the 4th,he wasnt really a factor against guys that were 6'3 and less.Buckner was walking up and down the court.I have seen him play twice,against UC and 2nite,and he wasnt a factor in either game,and he was going against guys no taller than 6'3.He doesnt have a motor and a coach that doesnt get it all out of him.We all know that Manassas is not a well coached team,and it showed again 2nite.Shaq Walker hit a 3 to win the game at the buzzer.This Manassas team would not make it in the top 3 in district 14A.I hear that they were better this year than last,they are no way better than last year.Not even close.IDK who put Manassas ahead of White Station,but they are not close to White Station.I know some people talked about Hall of White Station,but he didnt do well against a top 10 team in the nation,with the number 3 jr in the nation,in 6'8 260 Jared Sullinger,Buckner didnt do well against a bottom 10 team in Ky.I know this is a boys thread, but the best 2 players 2nite was Leslie Mcdonald and Amber Rechis of Westview who put up 34 against Marshall co and won by 19.They had almost a 30 pt lead in the 4th.And to finish,there is no way this Manassas team will win a championship.

Everybody that had Manassas walking away with the championship,including myself,can just about toss that out the window.I watched them play a terrible Hopkinsville,Ky team,and Manassas is not good.Humboldt will blast Manassas.I know Joe Northington is being recruited by some D1 schools,i thought he was also terrible.Joe Northington is way overrated.He was not good at all.Buckner fouled out midway thru the 4th,he wasnt really a factor against guys that were 6'3 and less.Buckner was walking up and down the court.I have seen him play twice,against UC and 2nite,and he wasnt a factor in either game,and he was going against guys no taller than 6'3.He doesnt have a motor and a coach that doesnt get it all out of him.We all know that Manassas is not a well coached team,and it showed again 2nite.Shaq Walker hit a 3 to win the game at the buzzer.This Manassas team would not make it in the top 3 in district 14A.I hear that they were better this year than last,they are no way better than last year.Not even close.IDK who put Manassas ahead of White Station,but they are not close to White Station.I know some people talked about Hall of White Station,but he didnt do well against a top 10 team in the nation,with the number 3 jr in the nation,in 6'8 260 Jared Sullinger,Buckner didnt do well against a bottom 10 team in Ky.I know this is a boys thread, but the best 2 players 2nite was Leslie Mcdonald and Amber Rechis of Westview who put up 34 against Marshall co and won by 19.They had almost a 30 pt lead in the 4th.And to finish,there is no way this Manassas team will win a championship.

Thats suprising. Just my opinion chipper, not trying to start anything and I appreciate the update. Obvioulsy you were there and I wasn't. I still say Manassas wins the State and would easily finish top three in district 14A and would actually win 14A. Buckner is for real and Northington will lead Manassas in scoring in many games this season. I mean Buckner was having BIG TIME PERFORMANCES this summer against the best the country has to offer, alot better than the kids he played against tonight. Northington was one of the top scores in the CBL league (all Memphis players) before the season started. I can't explain what happend but I would have loved to have seen the game. Obvioulsy Manassas had a very bad game but they did win. How can anybody explain South Fulton playing UC down to the wire....inexpierence, sure. But it was a shocker to everybody. Let's see what happens tomorrow against the team from St Louis, then Ridgeway, Craigmont and a few others and then make a determination. That is dissapointing though. I would agree. I still don't see Humboldt beating them. I have seen Humboldt and made the comment they would have a special season and could very well run the table in the district...may or may not happen but it could.

I actually had Manassas ahead of White Station but noted White Station has the talent to be number 1. When I saw them at the Marshall County Hoopfest they were about the most selfish team I have seen in a long time.....primarilly the second half. White Station is loaded but it seemed to me something was missing. Not many teams with the talent of Whte Station. Jackson is playing PG this season and that could very well have something to do with it..a new position. I really do believe F Hall is the most overrate player I have seen in a long time. At one time he was top 50 and I just don't see that. Now he is not even top 150. If I were a high mjaor I would not burn a scholarship on F Hall. Just my opinion.

Are you going again tomorrow? And on a side note Liberty plays Briarcrest in January at Liberty. Not sure if you knew that but It would be one to watch.

Thats suprising. Just my opinion chipper, not trying to start anything and I appreciate the update. Obvioulsy you were there and I wasn't. I still say Manassas wins the State and would easily finish top three in district 14A and would actually win 14A. Buckner is for real and Northington will lead Manassas in scoring in many games this season. I mean Buckner was having BIG TIME PERFORMANCES this summer against the best the country has to offer, alot better than the kids he played against tonight. Northington was one of the top scores in the CBL league (all Memphis players) before the season started. I can't explain what happend but I would have loved to have seen the game. Obvioulsy Manassas had a very bad game but they did win. How can anybody explain South Fulton playing UC down to the wire....inexpierence, sure. But it was a shocker to everybody. Let's see what happens tomorrow against the team from St Louis, then Ridgeway, Craigmont and a few others and then make a determination. That is dissapointing though. I would agree. I still don't see Humboldt beating them. I have seen Humboldt and made the comment they would have a special season and could very well run the table in the district...may or may not happen but it could.

I actually had Manassas ahead of White Station but noted White Station has the talent to be number 1. When I saw them at the Marshall County Hoopfest they were about the most selfish team I have seen in a long time.....primarilly the second half. White Station is loaded but it seemed to me something was missing. Not many teams with the talent of Whte Station. Jackson is playing PG this season and that could very well have something to do with it..a new position. I really do believe F Hall is the most overrate player I have seen in a long time. At one time he was top 50 and I just don't see that. Now he is not even top 150. If I were a high mjaor I would not burn a scholarship on F Hall. Just my opinion.

Are you going again tomorrow? And on a side note Liberty plays Briarcrest in January at Liberty. Not sure if you knew that but It would be one to watch.

Manassas didnt play well in Kentucky. I no the reason but I wont say!! you are right chipper HUMBOLDT would kill Manassas!! lol!!! Keep thinking that!!

You are right.Buckner is a great talent.6'8 that is very versatile.He had to play very good this summer to go from in the 90s to 30.I dont take anything from him.I have coached an AAU game against him,and was very impressed with him and he was only a junior.Buckner spent a lot of time on the perimeter,and i havent seen him hit a jump shot yet.He was just walking up and down the court last nite.Im sure when he get to Miss,they will get it out of him.

The UC SF game was played without UC point guard.He was sick.But i think you should still beat SF by 20 on a bad nite.I have UC losing in the regional semis this season.

I also agree about Hall.He was ranked in the top 50 and just dropped out.Idk if him sitting out about a whole season hurt him.He is not very good at finishing around the rim and is not very strong.One thing that he has is potential,and thats why he will sign a high major scholarship.One other thing about White Station,they are a better team when Julian Burton is point and Joe is the 2.Thats one reason i think they looked out of sync.Joe is a scoring guard that will have to play point in college and i think that Pitino is trying to get him ready for that.White Station is at their best when Joe is scoring.

The Manassas team this year is not athletic,and outside of Buckner will not match up with Humboldt.Of the starting 5,Buckner is the best,but Humboldt is better at the other 4 spots and on the bench.I know it was one game,but the players they put on the court are just not better than Humboldts,and UC and LC could and will beat them if it came down to it.They will get deep into post season,and make it to state because they also play in a weak region,but i dont think they will win it.Also,i love to watch Leslie Mcdonald play,he is a great talent.

Manassas didnt play well in Kentucky. I no the reason but I wont say!! you are right chipper HUMBOLDT would kill Manassas!! lol!!! Keep thinking that!!

Probably the refs...You can pretty much count on a 8-on-5 match-up when a Tennessee team plays a KY team up there.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Noway UC and Lake Couty beats Manassas, In my opinion. Humboldt would have to play a great game to have a shot. I wasn't there, obviously Manassas stunk up the joint. But, they are better than that...NO DOUBT!!!!! I don't think that game tells what this Manassas team is capable of...Just my opinion. For same crazy strange reason teams have games like this. I remember Lexington playing Liberty pretty close the season Liberty had/finished with a national ranking and EVRYBODY was shocked, especially after Liberty had beaten several nationally ranked teams and pretty much destroyed everybody they played in the State. If anybody had seen that game people would have thought , whats all the fuss about and thought this is not the great team like everybody makes them out to be. Thats how I look at last nights game...But, Like I said I wasn't there.

Noway UC and Lake Couty beats Manassas, In my opinion. Humboldt would have to play a great game to have a shot. I wasn't there, obviously Manassas stunk up the joint. But, they are better than that...NO DOUBT!!!!! I don't think that game tells what this Manassas team is capable of...Just my opinion. For same crazy strange reason teams have games like this. I remember Lexington playing Liberty pretty close the season Liberty had/finished with a national ranking and EVRYBODY was shocked, especially after Liberty had beaten several nationally ranked teams and pretty much destroyed everybody they played in the State. If anybody had seen that game people would have thought , whats all the fuss about and thought this is not the great team like everybody makes them out to be. Thats how I look at last nights game...But, Like I said I wasn't there.

When you watch them in person,you will see.Legend got them out to be better than they were last year,and they are not even close.What St.Louis team are they playing?I thought about going to Marion Ill,to watch White Station and Briarcrest play in that tournament,but im going to watch UC and OC 2nite.