4A Dream Team

Shortstop15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it all over now and congrats to Hillsboro. So, lets have some fun and list the "dream team" from 4A this season. Who was the best? I'll start with Marsalis Teague at quarterback.

I will agree that Teague was hands down the #1 QB in the state. I feel the Hillsboro Defense was a true team Defense. I did not see anything special from Eric Gordon...at least on Offense. I did see that Hillsboro had tremendous blocking effort from it's secondary backs. I feel Letcher or Fletcher (couldn't understand the announcers pronounciation clearly) for Hillsboro was superior to Gordon.

I feel in addition to Teague my following are the top 3 athletes at their postition in the state in 4A ball.

Bradley Davenport QB - Sullivan SouthHunter Beadle O & D Tackle - Sullivan SouthJordan Greenway QB - GreenevilleTrevon Hall RB - GreenvilleRyan Fillers WR - GreenevilleKaleb Kitzmiller WR - Sullivan SouthTaylor Fletcher RB - Sullivan SouthThe best talent is not always on the winning side of the ball. Congratulations to Hillsboro on their victory. Congratulations to Maryville on an unbelievable run.

I will agree that Teague was hands down the #1 QB in the state. I feel the Hillsboro Defense was a true team Defense. I did not see anything special from Eric Gordon...at least on Offense. I did see that Hillsboro had tremendous blocking effort from it's secondary backs. I feel Letcher or Fletcher (couldn't understand the announcers pronounciation clearly) for Hillsboro was superior to Gordon.

I feel in addition to Teague my following are the top 3 athletes at their postition in the state in 4A ball.

Bradley Davenport QB - Sullivan SouthHunter Beadle O & D Tackle - Sullivan SouthJordan Greenway QB - GreenevilleTrevon Hall RB - GreenvilleRyan Fillers WR - GreenevilleKaleb Kitzmiller WR - Sullivan SouthTaylor Fletcher RB - Sullivan SouthThe best talent is not always on the winning side of the ball. Congratulations to Hillsboro on their victory. Congratulations to Maryville on an unbelievable run.

Alex Crutcher, and he is actually the better athlete of the two, but Gordon somehow manages the vast majority of the press.

I would actually put Teague, Gordon, and Crutcher all in the defensive secondary with Crutcher at FS and Teague and Gordon at CB. I really liked the Maryville QB, but I don't know his name. I was impressed with him against HHS. Marvin Hughes would get DEFINITELY get my vote on the OL/DL. He was a BEAST yesterday when it mattered the most. Also, Aaron Bryant at LB (only a sophomore and won Defensive MVP against Maryville).

Corey Jordan and Jarrett Bilhovde certainly deserve some consideration at WR as well.

Ok, it all over now and congrats to Hillsboro. So, lets have some fun and list the "dream team" from 4A this season. Who was the best? I'll start with Marsalis Teague at quarterback.

Excellent choice, especially if you run the option read offense. If you run a pro style or spread ... I'm going to nominate Tramarcus Toney from Memphis Melrose @ QB as well.

To add some Memphis flavor ... here are a few off of the top of my head:

Darrell Washington ... TE ........ Melrose

Mike Porter .............. WR ....... Melrose

Tramarcus Toney ...... QB ....... Melrose

Greg King ................. LB ........ Melrose

Martavious Nelloms .... DB ........ Fairley

De' andre Buford ....... DB ........ Fairley

Jimmy Robinson ........ DT ........ Fairley

Jaszy Parker ............. DB ........ East

Mark Guyton ............. FB/LB .... East

Randy Powell ............ DB ......... Kingsbury

Gabriel Hunter .......... RB .......... Kingsbury

I'm sure there are more Lineman on these teams that I left off ... but that's all I can speak on with any manner of knowledge.

My opinions of course are a little biased due to not seeing many western TN teams play this year, but in our areas east of Knoxville and what westerners I do know I'll have to go with........

Marsalis Teague QB Henry County (cant say enough here)

Brad Davenport QB Sullivan South ( Unreal 1st year starter #s with limited playing time, Brains w/ brawn)

Trevon Hall RB/QB Greeneville (deserves this simply because of filling the role and making the most of it with his team, great Athlete)

Taylor Fletcher RB Sullivan South (never say die attitude makes most rethink the prototypical size, this kid is amazing)

Keenen Shepard RB- Tn High (durable back that has been the O for TN High for some time)

My opinions of course are a little biased due to not seeing many western TN teams play this year, but in our areas east of Knoxville and what westerners I do know I'll have to go with........

Marsalis Teague QB Henry County (cant say enough here)

Brad Davenport QB Sullivan South ( Unreal 1st year starter #s with limited playing time, Brains w/ brawn)

Trevon Hall RB/QB Sullivan South (deserves this simply because of filling the role and making the most of it with his team, great Athlete)

Taylor Fletcher RB Sullivan South (never say die attitude makes most rethink the prototypical size, this kid is amazing)

Keenen Shepard RB- Tn High (durable back that has been the O for TN High for some time)

Trevon Hall is From Greeneville not Sullivan South......you should know that since he put up all those yards on you.

Guest catsvoice

Having seen only Region 5-4A team this season, plus Maryville on Saturday, I'll through a few out:

DL - Marvin Hughes, Hillsboro

DL - Philip Campbell, Tullahoma (3yr starter)

DL - Romario Cathey, Maplewood

LB - Markus Cantrell, Maplewood

DB - any of the starting four from Hillsboro

QB - Greg Young, Hillsboro

RB - Zach Bryson, Tullahoma (led region in rushing)

RB - Alex Crutcher, Hillsboro

WR - Jared Olive, Tullahoma (best hands I saw this year)

WR - Corey Jordan, Hillsboro

OL - Christian Heyne, Hillsboro