4A Dream Team

Shortstop15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevon Hall is From Greeneville not Sullivan South......you should know that since he put up all those yards on you.

Oops sorry bout that and thanks for pointing that out Ryan, typo on my behalf. And yes trust me I know what he did to us, after seeing him first hand thats why he made my grade. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Having seen only Region 5-4A team this season, plus Maryville on Saturday, I'll through a few out:

DL - Marvin Hughes, Hillsboro

DL - Philip Campbell, Tullahoma (3yr starter)

DL - Romario Cathey, Maplewood

LB - Markus Cantrell, Maplewood

DB - any of the starting four from Hillsboro

QB - Greg Young, Hillsboro

RB - Zach Bryson, Tullahoma (led region in rushing)

RB - Alex Crutcher, Hillsboro

WR - Jared Olive, Tullahoma (best hands I saw this year)

WR - Corey Jordan, Hillsboro

OL - Christian Heyne, Hillsboro

Noticed you put the son of the Saint on there. That figures get you in a little bit more and maybe some more pt for that grandson of yours?

Watched all the Championship games again this year, 1A-5A. I've also seen my share of teams throughout the state. If I were putting together a 4A dream team, I cannot imagine leaving off Taylor Fletcher RB Sullivan South. Hands down, the most dynamic RB I have seen in the last 7 or 8 years. He's a Barry Sanders type runner with the ability to bull over linebackers. If you blink while attempting a tackle, you'll just catch air.

Taylor Fletcher hasn't gotten all the media attention state wide, but this kid is certainly ALL-STATE caliber. Some university is going to get a steal out of Fletcher, just because he's a bit under 6'. Has all the tools. I wish someone would put a highlight film together of Fletcher and post it on YouTube or somwhere. I promise you, if you're a fan of football, you'd enjoy Fletcher's highlights.

Watched all the Championship games again this year, 1A-5A. I've also seen my share of teams throughout the state. If I were putting together a 4A dream team, I cannot imagine leaving off Taylor Fletcher RB Sullivan South. Hands down, the most dynamic RB I have seen in the last 7 or 8 years. He's a Barry Sanders type runner with the ability to bull over linebackers. If you blink while attempting a tackle, you'll just catch air.

Taylor Fletcher hasn't gotten all the media attention state wide, but this kid is certainly ALL-STATE caliber. Some university is going to get a steal out of Fletcher, just because he's a bit under 6'. Has all the tools. I wish someone would put a highlight film together of Fletcher and post it on YouTube or somwhere. I promise you, if you're a fan of football, you'd enjoy Fletcher's highlights.

South has some fine athletes and have put up some big numbers to prove it.I know everyone has their favorites and I thought Fletcher was a very good running back when I saw him play.

I will add my own thoughts:

OL Christian Heyne Hillsboro

OL Caleb Leonard Knox Halls

OL Kevin Revis Rhea County

OL Hunter Beadle Sullivan South

OL Marcus Engelhardt Maryville

OL Chase Phillips South Doyle

OL Josh Walker Rhea County

E Chris Jordan Maryville

E Zach Fillers Greenville

E Joel Chapman Clinton

E Jared Green Lawrence County

RB Taylor Fletcher Sullivan South

RB Trevon Hill Greenville

RB Dominique Allen Henry County

QB Marsalis Teague Henry County

QB Kier Houston Powell

Ath Darian Stone Clinton

Ath Thomas Shuler Maryville

Ath Jacob Moffett Rhea County

Kicker Christian Prudhome Johnson County

DL Justin Smith Maryville

DL Marvin Hughes Hillsboro

DL Jimmy Robinson Fairly

DT Miguel Sanchez Red Bank

LB Greg King Melrose

LB Jeff Booker Maryville

LB Zach Lane Clarksville

LB Phil Cantwell Mo West

DB Tucker Tipton Cleveland

DB Eric Gordon Hillsboro

DB Brice SHarp Walker Valley

DB Alex Crutcher Hillsboro

DB Lequinton Peppers Melrose

P Josh Davis Rhea County

Coach of the Year Scott Blade Hillsboro

E Chris Jordan Maryville

E Joel Chapman Clinton

QB Kier Houston Powell

Ath Darian Stone Clinton

DL Jimmy Robinson Fairly

LB Greg King Melrose

LB Jeff Booker Maryville

LB Zach Lane Clarksville

LB Phil Cantwell Mo West

DB Eric Gordon Hillsboro

P Josh Davis Rhea County

Do you mean Ryan Fillers from GreenEville? He had 751 Yards recieving and 14 td's Zach Fillers had 208 yards recieving and only one td

Guest catsvoice

For sure add Jared Green from Lawrence Co. He is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball.

bugaboo I know who you think I am but I am not he. I don't have any grandchildren so you might want to hold those comments. If you knew about Tullahoma football you would know me.

E Chris Jordan Maryville

E Joel Chapman Clinton

QB Kier Houston Powell

Ath Darian Stone Clinton

DL Jimmy Robinson Fairly

LB Greg King Melrose

LB Jeff Booker Maryville

LB Zach Lane Clarksville

LB Phil Cantwell Mo West

DB Eric Gordon Hillsboro

P Josh Davis Rhea County

Pretty close to an All State selection. The backfield is spot on. That would take UT back to the days of a real running game.

These mythical threads are based on: extreme homer bias, limited exposure to players across a broad piece of geography, and some honest assessment based on facts. Probably in that order. That said, they're a lot of fun. With apologies to W.Tn and to great players on less successful teams (these lists are inherently unfair to them), my bias, exposure and meager facts all come from being a Maryville Rebel, watching 15 weeks worth of opponents, and whatever I can read and glean from others.

QB - Marsalis Teague, Henry Co. A curious abscence of top level QB's in 4A this year I thought.

OL - Kevin Revis, Rhea Co. Committed to TN, more dominant last year than this.

OL - Josh Walker, Rhea Co. 6'6, 290 beast, committed to MTSU. Rhea was best team we played till Burros.

OL - Marcus Englehardt, Maryville Smart, great pad leverage, classic overachieving Rebel hobbit.

RB - Dominique Allen, Henry Co. No brainer

RB - Taylor Fletcher, Sullivan South, Northeast TN Off. PLayer of the Year. Too bad he didn't get a bigger stage to perform on.

WR - Ryan Fillers, Greenville, Big numbers

WR - Corey Jordan, Hillsboro, 20 Yds. per catch. Stealth star in glare of Gordon.

DL - Marvin Hughes, Hillsboro Shoud've won MVP -Defense in Championship Makes plays when it matters.

DL - Romario Cathey, Maplewood 6'3, 290 A beast playing both ways.

DE - Justin Smith, Maryville Mr. Football and Mr Head-on-Straight as well. Great leader, great heart, great talent. Some school is getting a gem.

LB - Markus Cantrell, Maplewood It seemed there were three of him in championship last year.

LB - Cody McCoy, Maryville Best closing speed of any h.s. linebacker I've ever seen. Three words: heat seeking missle. Will prob. play at one of the service academies.

DB - Eric Gordon, Hillsboro Hurts you more on D than O or special teams. Will play corner at UT. Has what you can't coach.

DB - Aaron Bryant, Hillsboro 123 tackles. Blue Cross MVP About triple that of anyone else on the Burros.

P - Josh Davis, Rhea County More punter than kicker - 45 yd avg. consistent spiral that turns over. DI talent.

K - Zach Sharp, Maryville 60% touchbacks, perfect PAT's, most FG makes in a career at Maryville as soph.

Coach - Blade of Hillsboro built it right, scheduled right, peaked right, called it right.