4A Dream Team

Shortstop15

For sure add Jared Green from Lawrence Co. He is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball.

bugaboo I know who you think I am but I am not he. I don't have any grandchildren so you might want to hold those comments. If you knew about Tullahoma football you would know me.

Thanks catsvoice. I know who you are and you know who I am, just look at my screen name. Bugaboo is sorely mistaken here and I am calling him out. We have not and will not play politics or stroke anybody's ego. We let our talk speak for itself on the field. It sounds like we have a coach and player hater here. What do you think. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks catsvoice. I know who you are and you know who I am, just look at my screen name. Bugaboo is sorely mistaken here and I am calling him out. We have not and will not play politics or stroke anybody's ego. We let our talk speak for itself on the field. It sounds like we have a coach and player hater here. What do you think. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Well you would be correct I don't care for either one of them. Wow the "cat" is out of the bag now isn't it. Actually I have nothing against the player it is his father I do not care to much for.

Guest catsvoice

Easy there fellows. I don't want any part of this. All I was doing on this thread was putting my two cents worth in on some of the top 4A players I saw this year. If someone mistook me for somebody else that is not my issue.

If you don't like a coach or a player or whatever that is certainly your right. But to get on these message boards, anonymously, and call people derogatory names and ridicule players' fathers and family, well in my opinion that is just wrong.

I will agree that Teague was hands down the #1 QB in the state. I feel the Hillsboro Defense was a true team Defense. I did not see anything special from Eric Gordon...at least on Offense. I did see that Hillsboro had tremendous blocking effort from it's secondary backs. I feel Letcher or Fletcher (couldn't understand the announcers pronounciation clearly) for Hillsboro was superior to Gordon.

I feel in addition to Teague my following are the top 3 athletes at their postition in the state in 4A ball.

Bradley Davenport QB - Sullivan SouthHunter Beadle O & D Tackle - Sullivan SouthJordan Greenway QB - GreenevilleTrevon Hall RB - GreenvilleRyan Fillers WR - GreenevilleKaleb Kitzmiller WR - Sullivan SouthTaylor Fletcher RB - Sullivan SouthThe best talent is not always on the winning side of the ball. Congratulations to Hillsboro on their victory. Congratulations to Maryville on an unbelievable run.

Wow..All east tn players from about the same area. I guess this post should have been Dream Team from Round 3 of the East TN 4A playoffs

These mythical threads are based on: extreme homer bias, limited exposure to players across a broad piece of geography, and some honest assessment based on facts. Probably in that order. That said, they're a lot of fun. With apologies to W.Tn and to great players on less successful teams (these lists are inherently unfair to them), my bias, exposure and meager facts all come from being a Maryville Rebel, watching 15 weeks worth of opponents, and whatever I can read and glean from others.

QB - Marsalis Teague, Henry Co. A curious abscence of top level QB's in 4A this year I thought.

OL - Kevin Revis, Rhea Co. Committed to TN, more dominant last year than this.

OL - Josh Walker, Rhea Co. 6'6, 290 beast, committed to MTSU. Rhea was best team we played till Burros.

OL - Marcus Englehardt, Maryville Smart, great pad leverage, classic overachieving Rebel hobbit.

RB - Dominique Allen, Henry Co. No brainer

RB - Taylor Fletcher, Sullivan South, Northeast TN Off. PLayer of the Year. Too bad he didn't get a bigger stage to perform on.

WR - Ryan Fillers, Greenville, Big numbers

WR - Corey Jordan, Hillsboro, 20 Yds. per catch. Stealth star in glare of Gordon.

DL - Marvin Hughes, Hillsboro Shoud've won MVP -Defense in Championship Makes plays when it matters.

DL - Romario Cathey, Maplewood 6'3, 290 A beast playing both ways.

DE - Justin Smith, Maryville Mr. Football and Mr Head-on-Straight as well. Great leader, great heart, great talent. Some school is getting a gem.

LB - Markus Cantrell, Maplewood It seemed there were three of him in championship last year.

LB - Cody McCoy, Maryville Best closing speed of any h.s. linebacker I've ever seen. Three words: heat seeking missle. Will prob. play at one of the service academies.

DB - Eric Gordon, Hillsboro Hurts you more on D than O or special teams. Will play corner at UT. Has what you can't coach.

DB - Aaron Bryant, Hillsboro 123 tackles. Blue Cross MVP About triple that of anyone else on the Burros.

P - Josh Davis, Rhea County More punter than kicker - 45 yd avg. consistent spiral that turns over. DI talent.

K - Zach Sharp, Maryville 60% touchbacks, perfect PAT's, most FG makes in a career at Maryville as soph.

Coach - Blade of Hillsboro built it right, scheduled right, peaked right, called it right.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one, Teague did great this year but his production from his junior year was down.

Teague finished with 1,055 yds and 15 TDs passing and 1,270 yads and 18 TDs rushing

Our QB Davenport had 1,810 Yds and 22 TDs passing and 1,003 yards and 11 TDs rushing

Both made the All star game. I thought alot of TN high school QBs had some great numbers this year.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one, Teague did great this year but his production from his junior year was down.

Teague finished with 1,055 yds and 15 TDs passing and 1,270 yads and 18 TDs rushing

Our QB Davenport had 1,810 Yds and 22 TDs passing and 1,003 yards and 11 TDs rushing

Both made the All star game. I thought alot of TN high school QBs had some great numbers this year.

Teague only played to halftime in every contest until the playoffs. That is why his numbers were down from the year before. If you look at his over 13 yards per carry it is mind blowing. Also, he had over 65% completion rate.

I'm sorry to say and not to take anything away from any of those players, but Kier Houston had a better year than both of them in one of if not the hardest regions in 4A.

2172 yards passing with 22 TDs

1067 rushing yards with 10 TDs

no offense but fillers doesnt deserve to be in the same breath as kitzmiller from sullivan south

Please explain how Fillers shouldn't be in the same breath as kitzmiller? People from your own school nominated him not me......he had 118 yards and 3 TD's alone against South. He finished the year with 751 yards on 48 receptions and 14 Td's. I played against Both Kitzmiller brothers and there both good but Fillers is just as good if not better than both.

Teague only played to halftime in every contest until the playoffs. That is why his numbers were down from the year before. If you look at his over 13 yards per carry it is mind blowing. Also, he had over 65% completion rate.

I agree. He only played in the first half of most games and he had to share the ball with 2 runnin backs.