Maryville Rebels

Kidstaxi

" After watching the 5A championship game, I stand by my statement that Maryville will be average vs the very best 6A teams in the state next year.It was not a put down as much as just saying how good the best 5A teams really are.... "

Average ... I'm sorry , but that just does not match up very well with what Maryville has accomplished on the field .

Let me try this another way.If you were playing air,it would be hard to have a better record than Maryville has had for the last several years.You guys have a great program and I have said that many times before..I don't think there is a better coaching staff in the state.When a fan ask how you can play this team knowing you will get beat,you don't answer with a bunch of weak statements.You just give the very best answer you can by looking for the simple facts.A simple fact is teams like Oakland can beat anybody in the country on a given day.Now it's not a putdown to compare you to them as being average,but it is a good way of giving a little back to someone who puts a team with half the firepower down

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pep Vol. I will take the blame for this one. I remember saying that. But i also remember saying I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT MARYVILLE! I was talking about sports in general. If the best tiddlewinks player in the world who had won 500 matches in a row came in to play you, you, no matter how good you are at tiddlewinks, would probably go into that game thinking you cannot win. I think Hillsboro came into the game saturday believing in themselves. Believing in their coaching staff. Believing in their teammates. They came to play and maryville didn't. Its the mental part of the game.

One of your boys started it on the Marville vs Greeneville thread,when he said how can a team play a game knowing they will lose.That happens to be my thread as well,since I played at Greeneville.

yeah that was my account that typed that up but it wasnt me some one got on my account and typed it but i apologized for it later in the thread. and once again i apologize

Let me try this another way.If you were playing air,it would be hard to have a better record than Maryville has had for the last several years.You guys have a great program and I have said that many times before..I don't think there is a better coaching staff in the state.When a fan ask how you can play this team knowing you will get beat,you don't answer with a bunch of weak statements.You just give the very best answer you can by looking for the simple facts.A simple fact is teams like Oakland can beat anybody in the country on a given day.Now it's not a putdown to compare you to them as being average,but it is a good way of giving a little back to someone who puts a team with half the firepower down

Let's see franklin beat hillsboro,oakland beat franklin... My point maryville overated

Keep scheduling cupcake teams

Let's see franklin beat hillsboro,oakland beat franklin... My point maryville overated

I WILL take the credit for the original post in '07 for "cupcake" in the CoachT board vocabulary......I am the ONLY one Maryville fans will allow to use this word. SarahP....if you use it, you are traveling at your OWN risk....

That makes perfect sense, what a great way to predict the winner of theoretical games. Wait what about the whole Oklahoma Texas Texas Tech thing? Geeeez what now? Perhaps the best way to decide things is looking across the line of scrimage with your hand in the mud. But that would put the guys on Sportscenter on the unemployment line.

What a mess, I know, lets not allow the kids to play anymore and whoever can come up with the most compelling who beat who beat who beat who scenario will win the Gold ball for the school they represent.

BTW Thanks for bringing such joy and pride to a single county despite all of our recruiting, grade changing, cupcake scheduling, ref paying , cowardly standardized test underacheiving downfalls. Maryville and Alcoa make us all proud.

Blount County is the envy of the State