Catholic Farewell

IrishBBall

Hey Irish,

Congrats to KC for bringing the championship back to 2-3A! (Wish it could have been AC. We really did beat you guys on the second play down in the endzone when #6 caught that touchdown!) But life goes on and so does football. ( I wish we could take this group of kids and play you guys ONE MORE TIME!) I hate that Zack Vann missed his senior year playing football. He's always been a great kid. We all wish him well. You know as a die hard AC fan, I love to hate Catholic. We still will be pulling against you, however, I'm sure Coach Pemberton will take your small school and mold and make those young men into huge competitors in your new region. So... Good Luck and God Bless!

I wouldn't have expected any less from you Opressed. I'm betting some of the final words on your death bed will involve the officials. Don't worry though, I'm pretty sure they don't let the guys in striped shirts into heaven. I question a man that trash talks a team that basically owns a deed on a 150x300 piece of property in another county. Just remember one thing-

YOU SHOULDN'T HATE WHAT YOU CAN'T BEAT!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey what happened to that guy whos ankle did a 180? i was in shock when i saw it lifted in the air.

Great job on the win and i look forward to maryville playing yall next year

Michael Bonfini suffered a dislocated and fractured ankle. Dr. Mathien was able to get the dislocation back in place on the field. If he had not done so, they would have had to cut on him at the ER. Kelly, the trainer. says that he will require surgery and have some plates and screws inserted into his ankle. The good thing is that he is only a sophmore. Thanks for asking.

Hey Irish,

Congrats to KC for bringing the championship back to 2-3A! (Wish it could have been AC. We really did beat you guys on the second play down in the endzone when #6 caught that touchdown!) But life goes on and so does football. ( I wish we could take this group of kids and play you guys ONE MORE TIME!) I hate that Zack Vann missed his senior year playing football. He's always been a great kid. We all wish him well. You know as a die hard AC fan, I love to hate Catholic. We still will be pulling against you, however, I'm sure Coach Pemberton will take your small school and mold and make those young men into huge competitors in your new region. So... Good Luck and God Bless!

Thank you for the compliment Oppressed. I know in basketball, we'll miss the rivalry that has developed between A-C and KCHS. Good luck to you guys next year and maybe we'll see each other in the region.

YOU SHOULDN'T HATE WHAT YOU CAN'T BEAT!

You're not referring to AE or Fulton are you? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> LOL, you already know those two teams beat you so we can Hate all we want too.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You're not referring to AE or Fulton are you? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> LOL, you already know those two teams beat you so we can Hate all we want too.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nah, nothing but love there. Aren't the RoadRunners 1-5 vs the Irish? That explains our lack of hate towards the baby blue and red. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

IrishBBall ... its been fun ... I have to say I wont miss that funky offense .. but it did prepare us for David Lipscomb a little bit ... you know when you have alot of speed like Fulton and AE .. the kids have a tendacy to want to chase the football ... when you play KC you have to do two things ... try to get some penetration in the middle and stay at home ... the reason Fulton was able to compete so well in 2005 and 2006 was Antoinio Hamilton .. he was a disruptive force in the middle and got penetration numerous times to blow up plays .. they had some guys who followed coaching well and could makeup for mistakes with speed .... they also dared KC to throw deep and they got caught a couple of times ... KC has a hard offense to defend and I wont miss it .. I like the I formation and spread offenses .. but KC coaches know what they have to do to win ... ex. Mitchell ... they had athletes all over the field ... if KC coaches were coaching Mitchell it would be scary how good they could be ... but KC plays smart .. limit mistakes , draw teams offsides in crutial situations and lay back and wait for a team like Mitchell to make a mistake ( 3 INTS - when why would you even try a pass .. when you are averageing 9 yards a carry ... duh !!! ) ... KC shouls play alot of close games and never get blown out because they run clock with running game and wait till you beat yourself ... I give Pemberton credit he plays the style that he has the only chance of winning .. we all know KC is not gonna line up in I and pound football and we know they are not gonna spread field and beat you with a bunch of athletes .... anyway I have rambled ...

P.S> are the feeder programs down a bit at KC ?? I watched Fulton JV and Fulton Frosh play KC JV and Frosh ... Fulton won the games and Fulton is down ... looked like both schools didnt have alot of good young players .. of course I know Fulton had alot of sophs starting on varsity and KC did too ... but the 9th graders didnt look too good on either side .....

IrishBBall ... its been fun ... I have to say I wont miss that funky offense .. but it did prepare us for David Lipscomb a little bit ... you know when you have alot of speed like Fulton and AE .. the kids have a tendacy to want to chase the football ... when you play KC you have to do two things ... try to get some penetration in the middle and stay at home ... the reason Fulton was able to compete so well in 2005 and 2006 was Antoinio Hamilton .. he was a disruptive force in the middle and got penetration numerous times to blow up plays .. they had some guys who followed coaching well and could makeup for mistakes with speed .... they also dared KC to throw deep and they got caught a couple of times ... KC has a hard offense to defend and I wont miss it .. I like the I formation and spread offenses .. but KC coaches know what they have to do to win ... ex. Mitchell ... they had athletes all over the field ... if KC coaches were coaching Mitchell it would be scary how good they could be ... but KC plays smart .. limit mistakes , draw teams offsides in crutial situations and lay back and wait for a team like Mitchell to make a mistake ( 3 INTS - when why would you even try a pass .. when you are averageing 9 yards a carry ... duh !!! ) ... KC shouls play alot of close games and never get blown out because they run clock with running game and wait till you beat yourself ... I give Pemberton credit he plays the style that he has the only chance of winning .. we all know KC is not gonna line up in I and pound football and we know they are not gonna spread field and beat you with a bunch of athletes .... anyway I have rambled ...

P.S> are the feeder programs down a bit at KC ?? I watched Fulton JV and Fulton Frosh play KC JV and Frosh ... Fulton won the games and Fulton is down ... looked like both schools didnt have alot of good young players .. of course I know Fulton had alot of sophs starting on varsity and KC did too ... but the 9th graders didnt look too good on either side .....

I wouldn't say the feeder systems are down. I think the middle school team won the league this year. Look at how many young guys contributed (including 5-6 starters)on the varsity this season and you can see where the Fresh and JV would "look" weak. They've got great coaching the the youth program with alot of the coaches having college and NFL experience and THEY RUN THAT FUNKY OFFENSE!

Tadvols.

How is AHAM? Still playing down in MS @ JUCO, or someplace else, or not at all? Thanks.

ruse?

BTW, IrishBBall is right, the Catholic Super Midget team just rolled this year, and with 8-10 sophomores starting on Catholic's varsity, I would expect the frosh/JV to be down.

Tadvols.

How is AHAM? Still playing down in MS @ JUCO, or someplace else, or not at all? Thanks.

ruse?

BTW, IrishBBall is right, the Catholic Super Midget team just rolled this year, and with 8-10 sophomores starting on Catholic's varsity, I would expect the frosh/JV to be down.

It's really not that the feeder programs are down, they played well, its just the lack of death on freshmen and jv. I mean, I played my freshmen year, and we went 3-5 in our 8 game season playing fulton and AE. We played alot of terrible games and I wasnt really sure where my grade was headed. (I ended up quitting after that but for other reasons) Two years later, the now juniors are state champions. If you look at the starting lineup this year, there are alot of juniors.

My personal belief is two things happen: 1.) Coach Pemberton and his staff really cultivate talent right by hitting the weight room and challenging his kids to get better. and 2.) The best from each grade are utilized to form a great team every year. Look how many seniors, juniors, and sophomores were playing. I think that there is a lack of depth with the feeder schools because like someone said, we arent exactly the most athletic school, but we are great with what we have. This is just in my opinion

Ok, but that one win game in the playoffs you know, thats more of an important victory then a regular season.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> So right back at cha...

And do you know who I am? How are you going to know who I am at the game Friday?