Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, or the day before, the talk on here was about Alcoa winning because of their tuition/transfer players. Maryville fans have you forgot about several of your kids also being tuition/transfer studnents(a QB, two receivers/defensive backs, and a TE/DE. Who all played college ball)....notable players that have led you to state championships. Point being, every school that wins will attract tuition/transfer students; no matter who you are. So don't try to single us out.

Alcoa is much better than WB as was obvious in the jamboree (just glad they only played one qtr). However, my statement was about Maryville and Alcoa. It had nothing to do with the Govs. You have to admit, Maryville had had the number of Alcoa over the past few years even though the talent level is very even. Both teams are absolutely ridiculously talented.

when's WB going to start playing Alcoa in football?

Does anyone have any 'logical' reasons one way or the other for picking one over the other for those of us who are not in east Tn?

Guys this is important to some of us who have to make choices in the various 'pick ems' and have to pick.......ahhhh........points spreads and the like. :wacko:

The last eight pages do nothing to help my income sources......it could however fertilyze a bunch of gardens though! :wacko:

Does anyone have any 'logical' reasons one way or the other for picking one over the other for those of us who are not in east Tn?

Guys this is important to some of us who have to make choices in the various 'pick ems' and have to pick.......ahhhh........points spreads and the like. :wacko:

The last eight pages do nothing to help my income sources......it could however fertilyze a bunch of gardens though! :wacko:

Being a Maryville fan this is probably a bit skewed in their favor but here are my thoughts to a betting man.

The alcoa fans are on here year after year talking about their talent and how this year is going to be the year. There is always talk about tuition,recuiting, and trash service, complete with nice graphics....usually fit for the garden...but when it is all said and done....I wouldn't bet against George and the Rebels....not without at least 14 points. If you can find anyone taking Alcoa and giving points...I would be all over that. JMO

Being a Maryville fan this is probably a bit skewed in their favor but here are my thoughts to a betting man.

The alcoa fans are on here year after year talking about their talent and how this year is going to be the year. There is always talk about tuition,recuiting, and trash service, complete with nice graphics....usually fit for the garden...but when it is all said and done....I wouldn't bet against George and the Rebels....not without at least 14 points. If you can find anyone taking Alcoa and giving points...I would be all over that. JMO

mhs82 you might be right but I wouldn't want to put any money on this game either way. The last few years Alcoa has not been that confident. At least, I haven't. As far as tuition students go well talk to mlreb about that. He's the one that started the whole conversation. Trash talking well most all of us fans do including yourself. So good luck friday and I believe you might be surprised.

mhs82 you might be right but I wouldn't want to put any money on this game either way. The last few years Alcoa has not been that confident. At least, I haven't. As far as tuition students go well talk to mlreb about that. He's the one that started the whole conversation. Trash talking well most all of us fans do including yourself. So good luck friday and I believe you might be surprised.

The trash service was really referring to Starz....but you are right I have been guilty of spreading the fertilizer some in the past. Honestly, I cheer for Alcoa every other week...this is just my week to hate them. They have a great program and I could easily be surprised. I always go into this game nervous about the outcome. Hopefully, both teams will put on a great show Friday night.