Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

All this talk bout "riches" and "elitest" and Mairvul got me two thankin' eye haid a reppytashun two uphold.......So eye wint inn took my teef out ov tha cup beeside tha bed......Worshed 'em wif some Sodie Pairder and put on a kleen pear ov sox......Then eye tolt momma two turn off Spranger, put up tha Pork Rinds, and two shaiv her back and lag hare....

:hungry:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 5'8 175 & the reason they call me Bladerunner is not because of some Sci Fi movie. The reason I win our debates is becasue I don't call you names.

You will know me because I am the most relaxed one there.

I don't lose my cool because I am cool like that.

BTW I don't live in Oak Ridge but I support my Team.

I am going to drive in for the games.

What is it about Central that you hate? I bet it is their record. That's sad really,

I wonder if kids frm Central are on here seeing you.. (thieir best former football player) cheering for another school.

Stick with your own (Central) & then talk trash.. Because you don't have a dog in this fight. Neither do I.

You don't call names.? oh , at least not directly because your intelligent like that :hungry: I do not hate my Alma Mater and I CERTAINLY was not the best former of anything there. My kids go to school here so I do have a dog in the fight... I got you don't I. As far as trash talk goes I save it all for you honey. I reserve the right to say what I want to, if you can change that well then :hungry: we'll see.

How is it the biggest rivalry in the state? In my book a rivalry should offer up some question as to who might win.

How is this the biggest rivalry? hmm 1200+ people every year, close games, genuine dislike for each other,"rich vs poor", county bragging rights, pride,the 2 best teams in the state, championships,and so on... just wondering, what do you think the biggest rivalry is???

In west-TN the top rivalry is Huntingdon-Milan. Both teams always play great games against one another and their playoff matchups have been awesome through the years.

In middle-TN the top rivalries are MBA-Brentwood Academy & Goodpasture-David Lipscomb. All of these teams are always among the elite in their classes and any of them could win it all any year. The matchups are always toss-ups and always produces classics.

In east-TN the top rivalry is Alcoa-Maryville. Both teams are always the favorites in their respective classes and both are top notch programs nationally. The matchup features great players and great coaches and is arguablely the deciding factor as far as who is the top team in the state.

Anyone who disputes this and can give me a better set of 4 rivalries across the state please say so and I would love to read about them. Fulton-Austin East is a great rivalry but doesn't make this list. The same goes for Smith County-Trousdale County.

I am 5'8 175 & the reason they call me Bladerunner is not because of some Sci Fi movie. The reason I win our debates is becasue I don't call you names.

You will know me because I am the most relaxed one there.

I don't lose my cool because I am cool like that.

BTW I don't live in Oak Ridge but I support my Team.

I am going to drive in for the games.

What is it about Central that you hate? I bet it is their record. That's sad really,

I wonder if kids frm Central are on here seeing you.. (thieir best former football player) cheering for another school.

Stick with your own (Central) & then talk trash.. Because you don't have a dog in this fight. Neither do I.

Best post in the past two days. When was the last time Alcoa was remotely challenged in a 2A Title game??? Like never. The level of 2A comp. has be very low IMO the past 10-12 years for alcoa. Still Alcoa has been the best and it is not their fault others can't step up to the plate and play with them. Alcoa has some very deep pockets with one of the largest tax bases in this part of the country for the size of the community that they have. They have also been the only inner city 2A team in the state. There have been a few out of area kids on the roster the past several years because of the open-enrollment rule but it is an easy ring, so whay not. Sure the education one can get ay Alcoa is outstanding, but you think those knotzville or jeff county transfers care about a quality education? It's the easy ring on TV man! Exposure gets some kids a chance to play college ball.

But still it is 11 on 11 despite some UN-quantifiable factors. Simply put MHS has out played Alcoa even though many have thought Alcoa to be more talented. Guess they haven't been.

Of course I think the Rebels will win the annual clash, but even a blind opossum finds a grub once and a while. If Maryville controls the ball, MHS wins. And with that experienced backfield and O-line they should.

I think this is the year Alcoa will beat Maryville I know that this is said every year but I think Alcoa is loooaded they have experance in key positions already have a game under their belt and coach Rankin is no slouch. I think that Maryville is going to struggle this game and possibly all year .The lack of experance in key positions and the positions that should be nailed down are still not where they should be .I see the teams of Ryan Tallent ,Maples ,Hunt ,Woods,Clement.Voto, left with last years seniors and is not as prevalent with this group. I belive G.Q.and CO will have there work cut out for them.So if Alcoa is going to beat Maryville this is the year to do it because the up and comming classes will bring back the teams of the past . ALCOA 21 MARYVILLE 10

FBE all I'm going to say is we will see. That's why you play the game. This will be Alcoa's best chance to control the line of scrimmage. Alcoa is very explosive on offense and Maryville's defense will be hard pressed to control them the whole game. If Alcoa can get on the score board early then I'll feel real good about the outcome. Maryville is very good about scoring on the first drive of the game and last drive of the second quarter. I've never seen a team as good as Maryville when it comes to this aspect of the game. The Bell County game helps Alcoa for the simple fact that they pushed us a little bit in the first half and we responded pretty well. Also Maryville the last 30 years has had 5 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF KNOXVILLE KIDS AND COUNTY KIDS PLAY FOR THEM THAN ALCOA HAS. PERIOD! Hilarious that any Maryville fan brings this up. :hungry: I find it ironic that the Maryville fans are even talking about the issue. That shows me how worried you are about this game. Get ready for WAR! :hungry:

Also Maryville the last 30 years has had 5 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF KNOXVILLE KIDS AND COUNTY KIDS PLAY FOR THEM THAN ALCOA HAS. PERIOD!

That may be the most moronic statement I have ever read. Why does it bother you so bad that COA has approximately 40% of their roster littered with out of zone kids? You are not cheating nor are you recruiting. It's just the fact and that is that. Get your facts straight before you post a lie. I have....

MLREB, you sir are the liar. Alcoa does not have 34 to 38 players from outside the city limits. A complete and utter lie. One thing is for certain Maryville has had county & Knoxville players for years & years & years. Know one at Maryville can deny it. Nor has anyone from Alcoa ever really made a big issue of this until NOW. You want to call Alcoa out on this issue. Well I'm calling Maryville out on this issue. Your lies and deceit is pretty obvious. You have no prove of this. Do you understand how stupid you look to the other posters on this thread? Keep on with the excuses MLREB. Do we have 12-16 player on the team from outside the city?? YES! I believe one poster said it best earlier. The overcrowding of the other schools (WB, Heritage, and yes even Maryville) in this area have contributed to Alcoa picking up more student. BOTTOM LINE! There are 3 players starting for Alcoa that did not grow up in Alcoa. Get your facts straight. 40% is the most moronic statement I have ever heard KETTLE. I'll got a crying towel for you too. :mellow: GET READY FOR BATTLE!! :thumb: