New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

The 2003 OR team was as talented as Riverdale as I remember towards the end of that game our O Coordinator decided not to give the ball to two of the best backs in the state. Remember who that coordinator was? Don't tell me Riverdale was more talented than the team with Mcaddley, Bohanon, and Gibson. Give the last coach credit he ended the dominance Riverdale had over OR that the other two could not.

Like I said, hopefully we can keep that staff intact. They were the best staff since 1988.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2003 OR team was as talented as Riverdale as I remember towards the end of that game our O Coordinator decided not to give the ball to two of the best backs in the state. Remember who that coordinator was? Don't tell me Riverdale was more talented than the team with Mcaddley, Bohanon, and Gibson. Give the last coach credit he ended the dominance Riverdale had over OR that the other two could not.

Where do you buy your crack! If you think you should give the last coach anything, you must be related to him! The 2004 Riverdale team is the best team I have seen in Tennessee regardless of class. We gave them all they wanted that night, but came up short, the best team won. I cannot say that about the State Championship game the LAST coach took us to! The 2003 team, give me a break. Selfish talent does not make a team! Where did some of those guys end up? Enough said!

Who is your choice?

bladerunner, there have been alot of coaches apply, ones that no one on this forum even know about, this form has been so closed minded to concentrate on a select few coaches. Every coach has good and bad issues, everyone keeps talking about getting the program back, why look back get a new coach and a new direction with the hope to re-gain the OR tradition stop worrying about the teams of years gone and help the new guy develop the team players he will have not the ones that played here years ago. let a coach come in and put his stamp on the program before you judge if he can do a good job or not, even the proven coaches can fail in the right situation. to answer your question I'm not sure who I would want but, I can assure you whoever it is I will support until he does something wrong and I'm not talking about his game plan unless I go to every practice, coaches meeting and sit in on their game plan meetings each week, BECAUSE WITHOUT DOING THAT I WOULD BE PLAYING SATURDAY MORNING QB. Support the program, show the kids that are here that we believe in the new guy until he succeeds or fails.

You breaker take it easy on the 2003 team. As i remember (since i was in the huddle) our running backs including one you know well were pretty banged up. I also remember a running back wide open in the end zone but the ball was tipped before it got there. But i agree with you that who ever the coach is for this team I will support. I have just been giving who I think would be a great person for the job. Besides do we really know who is being brought in for interviews. It seems that Pemberton and Gray are the only names popping up. There has to be more to this. But who? Does rally, blade or anyone else even kool aid have any other people? I am not trying to be mean but I want to know. Besides shouldnt spring ball be coming up soon.

Final thought whoever gets the job will have more bad press than lane Kiffin to deal with. Just less recruiting violations... hopefully.

I guess you are saying then that the staff of last year's team, was the best staff since 1988. That being the case, I sure hope they don't break that staff up.

Yeah they sure did a bang up job for sure.

Is this search for real or have they just decided to disband the program? I have never seen anything take this long. The 2000 election was decided in fewer days.

it takes time to find the right guy, I am glad OR is not jumping the gun.

Yeah they sure did a bang up job for sure.

it takes time to find the right guy, I am glad OR is not jumping the gun.

The only way this long of a search will be acceptable, is if we end up with a great coach and a proven winner. Why do you think coaches continue to turn this job down? It happened in 2004, and if the leaks are true, then it has happened again this time...maybe more than once.

I was told that Oak Ridge interviewed the Head coach of Campbell County High. Wells I believe it is. Campbell is not a very good program but he has taken a school with minimal talent to the play-offs 3 times including back to back appearances the last 2 seasons, that is more appearances than Oak Ridge the past 2 seasons. I also heard that he was once the head man at Tusculum college.

Unlike you and many others on here, I will not mention a man on here in negative terms. You, and a few others are so good at that, that I wouldn't dare try to compete with you. You seem to think you know who it is that I am talking about, and as I stated before, that is quite telling. I will not attack a specific candidate on this forum. That is a gutless move. I will leave that to you, and your other expert friends. I will simply continue to hope for a great coach, and I will continue to list characteristics that I think our next coach should not possess. If you think my argument is stupid, then why do you argue with me? That, too, is quite telling. I do not spread rumors. You yourself say, that I am talking about no one. How is it that I can spread rumors about no one? The champion rumor spreader is the candidate to which I refer. I will leave it at that.

I have yet to say a negative thing about another candidate. The only people on here that I have said something bad about were this past Oak Ridge staff, and I would say what I say here to their faces. It's only slander if what I say isn't true.

Well then I apologize if I assumed you were talking about someone you weren't. There have been many here that talk about Ron Gray negatively. I'm curious though, why would you just make a blanket statement that there is a candidate that is a rumor spreader and isn't a very high character person without identifying them? What is the point of that? Are we supposed to just know who you're talking about?

I was told that Oak Ridge interviewed the Head coach of Campbell County High. Wells I believe it is. Campbell is not a very good program but he has taken a school with minimal talent to the play-offs 3 times including back to back appearances the last 2 seasons, that is more appearances than Oak Ridge the past 2 seasons. I also heard that he was once the head man at Tusculum college.

I mean no disrespect to the Campbell County coach, but I must say this. Has our program sunk so low that OAK RIDGE would consider hiring the CAMPBELL COUNTY head coach? The fact that he was once at Tusculum doesnt mean much to me either. Am I missing something? Is Tusculum a football power? What is going on? Does ANYONE on our committee know ANYTHING about football? Does anyone on our committee CARE anything about football?

I have yet to say a negative thing about another candidate. The only people on here that I have said something bad about were this past Oak Ridge staff, and I would say what I say here to their faces. It's only slander if what I say isn't true.

Well then I apologize if I assumed you were talking about someone you weren't. There have been many here that talk about Ron Gray negatively. I'm curious though, why would you just make a blanket statement that there is a candidate that is a rumor spreader and isn't a very high character person without identifying them? What is the point of that? Are we supposed to just know who you're talking about?

MOST people who know the candidates at all, know EXACTLY to whom I refer. I think it is wrong to say anything negative about a specific person, on a forum like this. Having said that, I realize that it is unrealistic to assume that people will not say negative things about people on here. I just think it is gutless and pointless to do so. If someone has a problem with someone, then go to that person, or keep your mouth shut. A forum like this allows the "gutless" to talk tough, when they are actually cowards.