Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even WITH a complete D1 O-line we managed to LOSE with the so called running WingT. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We need to face the fact that the honeymoon or experiment is over and get back to winning SOMEHOW!

For 2009 I predict a 4-6 season at BEST! Could be as bad as 3-7 or 2-8. Not being a downer, just realistic.

Until some DRASTIC changes are made I will not be at a home game for R'dale. My little $5 per game will not be missed, nor will my money spent at the concession stand. This is NOT the R'dale I supported anymore. The R'dale I supported WAS a WINNING program no matter what talent we had.

I know I will not be missed there, but it should tell folks things are NOT well at R'dale.

The Good Guys ( aka The State Champions) always have room to grow their fan base. You will feel right at home, friend. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A TRUE WARRIOR NEVER GIVES UP!! I will continue to support Riverdale NO MATTER WHAT.. does that mean I have to support all of the coaches.. NO WAY.. but I will continue to support the school and its sports. It is a shame that the program has fallen as it has, but to give up and not support just bc they are in a slump or someone is making really bad decisions.. well thats just not in my blood... GOOD LUCK WARRIORS!!

A TRUE WARRIOR NEVER GIVES UP!! I will continue to support Riverdale NO MATTER WHAT.. does that mean I have to support all of the coaches.. NO WAY.. but I will continue to support the school and its sports. It is a shame that the program has fallen as it has, but to give up and not support just bc they are in a slump or someone is making really bad decisions.. well thats just not in my blood... GOOD LUCK WARRIORS!!

Amen brother a true WARRIOR never gives up.This school has a lot of bandwagon fans that has jumped on over the years, and now they have one bad season, oh we want off now.I say go and never return you cowards.

I will still be there cheering but just with a lot lower expectations...

It is time for Aydelott and his misfits to go. The type of product he is putting on the field is similar to programs like you will find in Nashville. Is this what Riverdale fans are willing to settle for? If it is, count this fan as a former fan. I wish all the Warriors the best. Adios! I will be rooting for the O-Zone!

It is time for Aydelott and his misfits to go. The type of product he is putting on the field is similar to programs like you will find in Nashville. Is this what Riverdale fans are willing to settle for? If it is, count this fan as a former fan. I wish all the Warriors the best. Adios! I will be rooting for the O-Zone!

Like I said previously, bandwagon fans.They always prove me right.

I have seen a multitude of fair-weather fans over my 20 plus yrs of supporting Oakland athletics, especially football. I have been laughed at, cussed at, and made to feel really bad for continuing to support Oakland. I could have easily turned my back on Oakland when we had a coach there in the early 90's that I wasn't so fond of. That was even truer when I had a son who was playing there at the end of this coach's tenure. No matter how much I disagreed with this coach's methods, I would never have gotten on a public message board and downed him or his philosophies at that time. It isn't fair to the players to place doubts in their minds about their coach. My son had his "offer" to play for Riverdale, but unlike his two best friends, declined it. My son ended up with the ring and his friends ended up despising their coach and the program at Riverdale when the seaon went south with a loss in the first round of the playoffs to a very young Dickson County team.

I heard the folk screech about Oakland for more yrs than I care to remember.....even in days when we won. Folk disagreed with disciplinary techniques ....until we won and then they came racing back.Always made me sick to see them puff up that chest and wear their OHS colors when we won state when the year before they were too ashamed to claim the school .

Let me tell you something....I have talked to so many players in the "down" yrs and they read CoachT religiously .They hurt when they hear folk that they respect get on here and run things down. It is devastating. You are doing no one any favors. You guys need to sit back and look at the other side of things and realize who is the most important round Riverdale. In case you can't figure it out.....it is the kids!

I have seen a multitude of fair-weather fans over my 20 plus yrs of supporting Oakland athletics, especially football. I have been laughed at, cussed at, and made to feel really bad for continuing to support Oakland. I could have easily turned my back on Oakland when we had a coach there in the early 90's that I wasn't so fond of. That was even truer when I had a son who was playing there at the end of this coach's tenure. No matter how much I disagreed with this coach's methods, I would never have gotten on a public message board and downed him or his philosophies at that time. It isn't fair to the players to place doubts in their minds about their coach. My son had his "offer" to play for Riverdale, but unlike his two best friends, declined it. My son ended up with the ring and his friends ended up despising their coach and the program at Riverdale when the seaon went south with a loss in the first round of the playoffs to a very young Dickson County team.

I heard the folk screech about Oakland for more yrs than I care to remember.....even in days when we won. Folk disagreed with disciplinary techniques ....until we won and then they came racing back.Always made me sick to see them puff up that chest and wear their OHS colors when we won state when the year before they were too ashamed to claim the school .

Let me tell you something....I have talked to so many players in the "down" yrs and they read CoachT religiously .They hurt when they hear folk that they respect get on here and run things down. It is devastating. You are doing no one any favors. You guys need to sit back and look at the other side of things and realize who is the most important round Riverdale. In case you can't figure it out.....it is the kids!

You make a valid point 2p, but how about we trade you Aydelott for McDaniel......just kidding.

2P your sons freind also left with a ring although their SR year was a disappointment they had a good career at RIVERDALE....now your sons friedns are a MINORITY no matter what people think or say most kids after they have graduated like and respect coach Rankin and i have talked to many kids that have some and gone and they really appreciate coach Rankin and their staff for all they had done for them...I wonder if the difference between those kids and your sons friends is you and your despise over coach rankin.....

Like i said I support RIVERDALE AND I WILL STILL BE AT THE GAMES CHEERING ON MY WARRIORS

Amen brother a true WARRIOR never gives up.This school has a lot of bandwagon fans that has jumped on over the years, and now they have one bad season, oh we want off now.I say go and never return you cowards.

Ahhh, you jumped the gun and took the bait hook, line. and sinker.

Never said I was not supporting or cheering for the Warriors, just said I was NOT going to any HOME games. In our democracy we have various ways to express our DISpleasure. One is by our absence and the other is with our money or in this case our lack of it going into the tills.

My way is MUCH more civilized than being at the game screaming my displeasure at the calling of the game both on offense AND DEFENSE! That was done once this season already and the parent was led away by an SRO. I am NOT that stupid or willing to show that to the kids.

My 'guess' at this point is YOU are one of the assistant coaches folks are wanting gone. Is so then I understand, but you have to also understand that some folks are fed up with losing!

I go to games simply because I like to watch GOOD football. Unfortunately what is going on at R'dale is NOT what I consider GOOD football. Military has a term for it called 'cluster *%$)'! This cluster is especially noticeable on defense.

My personal 'guess' is YOU are the DC currently at R'dale. Step it up Coach because Mr Nolan's patience is long but it does NOT go on forever.

The David Letterman top 10 reasons Riverdale fans can't sit back and quit bashing the coaches!

1. They can't come to grips with the reality that "THE TALENT IS DOWN." It was this year and will be for several more to come. It is not hard to see for everyone else, but it is impossible to see for Riverdale fans.

2. They have an entitlement mentality. We are Riverdale and we should win every year no matter what the circumstances. No other team in all of sports live like this. They know that their will be up and down years, rebuilding years, etc. depending on where there team is at.

3. They have to blame someone and the coach who is 28-8 (or close to that) in three seasons is the only one to blame, so that's what they do. Foolish in everyone else's eyes, but makes total sense to them. It's called deception, blindness. And to add to this, these fans think they can coach.

4. They have the "Bear Bryant Alabama Syndrome". When the bear stepped down and left AL, the next half a dozen coaches could not win in the fans eyes because they were not like the Bear. Jesus Christ could not have replaced the Bear or Rankin and won over the Rankinites!

5. They can't come to grips with the reality that more talent is with the Bulldogs (did you see their freshman team this year), Oakland and Blackman. Teams that they used to beat 63-7.

6. They are killing their chances of getting ANOTHER good coach if they get their wish of getting rid of the terrible (sarcasm) coach they have now. Who in the world would want to come to replace coach A when the Riverdale fans are trying to run him off after going 28-8 in three years. It is a NO WIN situation for the next guy.

7. They care more about being able to brag around town and on Coach T than they do about getting the most out of the kids that they can. This is not every fan, but certainly many of them.

8. They can't stand to see two other teams WIN IT ALL from the same region.

9. They hate the fact that they have no power to get rid of Coach A. Nolan LIKES HIM and so they get on here and whine, whine, whine /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> and guess what, COACH A NEVER READS THIS STUFF. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

10. They have the "IT YOU AIN'T FIRST YOU ARE LAST MENTALITY". See the movie! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />