Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

I have bashed no "fans." I have bashed a few that claim to be fans, but obviously are not. I have bashed no kids. Saying talent is down is a fact, not an insult. Could they be better,yep. Maybe if their coach was supported and believed in they would work a little harder. But many of you planted little seeds of doubt on here. And those seeds almost always sprout in difficult times and during big plays. All of the sudden, there is just enough lost confidence in a play call and that tiny hesitation changes the play's outcome

There are enough players at Riverdale to be successful? Thats your measuring stick? Enough? You only put 11 on the field at a time. Just like the other team. A lot of times this past season, the other teams 11 was better than R'Dales.

You keep claiming substandard coaching. What a crock. Talent can't hide in todays cutthroat world of college recruiting. R'Dales talent was down. The entire college football coaching world just proved that to be true.

Get over it. Aydelot didnt breed them. He coached them. And did a pretty good job considering all the bull he had to put up with and fight through from so called "fans."

Move on. Aydelot is the coach. Your whinning and moaning didnt change that. Try supporting, not bashing, and see if R'Dale gets better. Maybe it wont, because THE TALENT IS DOWN. But at least you wont look like a whinny horses behind, the kids will have more or a reason to work hard, and maybe college coaches will take a chance on kids raised by you. Do you really think a college coach wants a kid raised by a griping, excuse making, complaining parents? Oh right, just like kids and hs coaches, college coaches and scouts dont get one here and read these posts.

I dont know whether its sand or backside, but some of you guys heads are buried deep in something.

I too havent heard of anyone bashing fans. If he was talking about me then he is wrong. I am not trying to bash fans either. I am simply stating that some of the Riverdale supporters would do their program better by focusing on all the good that Coach A and the team are doing. Pick the team up as a whole.

My father is a long time coach. I have been on a field since I could walk. I used to love going to the games as a kid. I was the ball boy. As I got older I moved to the stands. I didnt like that as much. What fans forget is that the coaches are people too and that the coaches have families and friends that come to support the team in good times and in bad. They are true fans. I used to get so angry at some of the fans for the down right awful things they said about my dad and the other coaches. By the time I was in college I couldnt help myself but to open some of the "parents" eyes. They would yell "why are you running the ball, Coach you dont have a clue." I would simply tell them that if they looked at their son they could tell that the son was running a pass route and didnt get open so the QB had to run because no one was open. They would yell "how did you let him get wide open like that Coach." I would simply state that I didnt know the coach could play DB or S and get burned so bad because he forgot he was in cover 2. When teams win its usually because of the players. When teams lose its usually because of the coaches. However in reality a team wins or loses because of the team. Fair weather fans usually forget that.

Again, good luck to Riverdale. It will be interesting to see how things go this year.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to bite my tongue, just ask a question for all the Metro folks that don't seem to like us questioning their football hero.

Just how much 'support' does it take? Coach A was handed one of the premier programs in the state on a platter with HUGE fan and booster support. What did he do with it? Turned it into one of the biggest LOOSERS in the state.

The facts are plain and simple. We have gone from a program the USED to challenge for the Gold Ball EVERY year to one where teams want us for their homecoming game!

If it is time for anything to MOVE ON, it may be Coach A!

As to the Freshman team, Rankin did NOT coach them. That is what the freshman staff is for.

Not going to bite my tongue, just ask a question for all the Metro folks that don't seem to like us questioning their football hero.

Just how much 'support' does it take? Coach A was handed one of the premier programs in the state on a platter with HUGE fan and booster support. What did he do with it? Turned it into one of the biggest LOOSERS in the state.

The facts are plain and simple. We have gone from a program the USED to challenge for the Gold Ball EVERY year to one where teams want us for their homecoming game!

As to the Freshman team, Rankin did NOT coach them. That is what the freshman staff is for.

And we are back to the same old point that every person who knows football knows...the talent was on its way down when Rankin left. He saw it coming and bolted. YOUR coach bailed out on you; and for the same reasons RA is not having the dominant seasons R'Dale used to have. THE TALENT IS DOWN.

Jeez, I guess every college football coach in the ENTIRE COUNTRY is wrong too.

Support from you, LOD, would be just to keep your negativity to yourself. To expect you to say anything positive it like expecting you to admit the obvious, that the talent is down at R'Dale. And we all know you wont admit that, even though EVERY college football program in the COUNTRY knows it.

You just cant eat any crow, can you. Thats not a question. Its a sad commentary on the quality of "fan" support the R'Dale program now has from some.

Glad you WONT be at the home games.

I think everyone that reads your posts see who the biggest LOOSER in the state is, and its not the R'Dale football team.

WOW, as a fan, you just called the team you say you support one of the biggest LOOSERS in the state. I am sure they are so glad they have your support. It looks like its the R'Dale "fans" who are bashing the R'Dale team.

Way to do yourself, your community, and your team proud.

Oakland is laughing their tails off at you for helping keep R'Dale down for them. They dont have to say a negative word...they leave it to you to rip and insult the team.

R'Dale kids...ignore this childish adult. Keep working hard, play your hearts out, believe that every call your coach makes is going to be your chance to make huge play for your team. Think like champions, believe like champions, practice like champions, work like champions, play like champions, love the game like champions, and eventually you will win like champions again.

Amen Amen to swami.Brother I can't thank you enough for that great post.Yes our kids are working really hard this year.Doesn't lost old dad realize our kids are busting their butts to turn it around next year.I know they can turn it around.I will be there in the spring game supporting these great bunch of young men, as well as during the season.I thought after many posts, dad would give it a break on hacking on Coach A, but guess I was wrong.I realize that Rankin left because he was not going to get every great player in the boro anymore.Just wish he could.If you have never talked just really talked to this man, you can see how he really enjoys being here, and working with these young men.I for one like his coaching style, and hope he wins a lot of games, and is able to stay here for many more years, because he will be a great asset to the school.

Dad,

Lets make a deal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We will trade you our A for your Coach A.

Dad,

Lets make a deal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We will trade you our A for your Coach A.

While I appreciate the offer, No thanks! At least your coaches name is easier to spell. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Going to be an interesting year for y'all though as I hear y'alls Coach A has decided to do away with the WingT experiment.

I am simply stating that some of the Riverdale supporters would do their program better by focusing on all the good that Coach A and the team are doing.

I'm game, and I can listen to voices of reason. Can you go over some of the things that have improved since Coach A came on board. Also, can you tell me how many Riverdale games, scrimmages, and practices you've attended the over the last three years.

Thanks in advance...