Martin Lions Club Tournament

mrcballer22

Madison looked BADDDD today! I know they're better than what they displayed this morning. Faulkner came out of the gates on fire and then started to lose her touch. The thing that's going to hurt Madison on down the road will be depth. They have very little depth that can step in and step up when needed. I do think they'll get better as the season progresses, but today they didn't look so great. I plan on going back Monday and watching this tournament again, so we'll see...

The Perry Co. and Union City game was probably the best girls game today. Lebrica Ward was HUGE today for Union City. She took control of the ball and did all she could for UC to win the game. Perry Co. isn't a bad team. They're small, but can shoot. They kind of remind me of the Gleason team with Kayla Hudson without Hudson, if you get what I'm saying there, lol.

Most impressive player today was Rechis of course with 30 points. However, today was my first time to see Henry Co. #31 from Henry Co. is already a hoss down in the post and when I read in the program that she was only a Sophomore it blew my mind!!!! She's going to be very very good by her Senior year. They also had the other big post player, #34. She held her own as well!

I saw Henry Co play in the Thanksgiving tournament..Was told then that their best player was going to be out for the season..I haven't seen the Central girls yet..But I believe if I remember correctly,Central was beaten by a team from Kentucky...seems like it was Marshall Co..by around 15 points or close to that..And that Westview beat that same team by about 15 or 20 points..So..You never can tell about 1 game from the next...but I've seen Westview and I've seen Gibson Co..WEstview and Central may have the best two players as far as shooters..but the best team I've seen is Gibson Co..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the schedule ptguard12....My picks for the tourney....

7th place game.....Hickman County, KY over So Fulton

5th place game.....Middleton over Perry County

3rd place game......Union City over Madison Acd

Championship Game.....Westview over Henry County for the third time this season....

For my trophy rounds to be like I predicted I have the following teams winning the next round....

Losers Bracket....

Middleton over South Fulton

Perry County over Hickman County, KY

Winners Bracket

Henry County over Madison Acd

Westview over Union City

I saw Henry Co play in the Thanksgiving tournament..Was told then that their best player was going to be out for the season..I haven't seen the Central girls yet..But I believe if I remember correctly,Central was beaten by a team from Kentucky...seems like it was Marshall Co..by around 15 points or close to that..And that Westview beat that same team by about 15 or 20 points..So..You never can tell about 1 game from the next...but I've seen Westview and I've seen Gibson Co..WEstview and Central may have the best two players as far as shooters..but the best team I've seen is Gibson Co..

The girl you are refering to tore her mcl I believe. She is a lights out shooter that can handle the ball. She is only a junior so she will be back next year. #31 is pretty good. Her and #24 are sisters. We are very inconsistent. We can play a lights out game then play horrible the next game. Its been like that for 2 seasons. I wish the girls luck in the tournament.

Henry County 62

Madison 58

I was really surprised in Madison's two games. I thought they were a better team but I think it shows that their region is down. Middleton is probably the #2 team and they didnt look real strong as well. It looks like that 14A is stronger than the other districts in west Tennessee. 14A will be a dogfight every night and anything can happen any night. This second half is going to be fun to watch.

Westview will beat Henry County by 20 in the championship.

So far in the tourney....

Perry County-85

Hickman County, KY-81

Middleton-50

So Fulton-43

Henry County-62

Madison Acd.-58

OT

The Westview/UC game is into the 4th quarter with Westview leading 66-60...It was 59-54 MW after three....

Westview pulled away from Union City late to stay unbeaten....Westview 79 Union City 70...Union City falls to 10-5 and will play Madison Acd for third place....

Union City-........14.........17........23.........16.......=70

Westview-.........18.........20.........21.........20......=79

Amber Rechis led WV with 32 points....Olds scored 16 and GA Swaim scored 12....

For Union City Labrica Ward had 22...Marcetta Ross scored 19....Warford had 15 and Huff had 12....