Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

Not sure what you mean by the "quitting rebs." Don't think I've ever called them quitters. They have good players it's the coaching I think is lacking. Also, not much depth in pitching. I think I'll go with my East Pats. These kids want that win and I've said all along I thought they might be a dark horse. We all know the 50-1 odds paid out at the Derby for that dark horse! A win might just sneak up on them boys and carry them on down the road. I'd have to put the coaching skills of Breuninger up against anybody in the conference. He's smart, cool, collected, uses strategy and the team right now has a good chemistry. I just hope south's coach tells everybody it's going to be over in 5 innings like he did last time. He's already said it's going to be a dogfight on TCS.com. Guess we'll see whose dog hunts the best. I go with the Pats and that bunch of scrappers. They don't like being trash-talked by another coach. Go PATS!!!

Well, I guess you didn't say "quitting" Rebs, but you did make reference to the fact you thought they were done and were frustrated with the coaching and the circus. Something to that affect. I thought A made an interesting move yesterday with his pitching. Actually, I talked about it with a friend and said I'd do the same thing before he did it. We'll see how it works out. I feel like it was his only move to try and advance to the regionals. The Hill is the only team in the conference with enough pitching to win a tourney like this. I think East and Crockett are pretty much done as far as pitching goes. South still has their number 2 and 3 guys ready to go for what it's worth. It still might not be enough to make it back to the finals.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I remember speaking of the frustration but I didn't mean to imply that the kids are quitters. I agree with many other posts on here that attacking the kids is not a good thing to do. Kids do the best they can, generally, with the opportunities they are or are not given. Again it depends on the coaching. SH is a top quality team. You can tell the kids are well-disciplined the way they enter and leave the field. They are running with heads up and a competitive spirit at all times. They never give up or give in. I just think they have the best chance around to advance to state. I don't see that spirit with a lot of other teams. Crockett showed it yesterday and if they can sustain that they might have a chance. Central gave the Toppers a good run for their money too. As you state, it's all about the pitching and East may have an Ace up their sleeve. Who knows. South runs on their ace all the time and I'm not sure of the quality of their #2 and 3 guys. Pitcher they used yesterday showed some guts taking on the big guns like he did. Held it together pretty good until about the 4th inning. I'm sure he's probably young and got some good experience yesterday. 2nd guy they put in had to be young young young. That had to be a strategic move to keep the better ones for advanced games. I think it will be about who shows up to play and who might have a grudge to bear. Guess we'll see. From a post I read on here earlier, seems Topper Coach cultivates his pitching staff right on down to the middle school level. Ritz does that, Breuninger does that, Payne does that but not sure south does that. You just got to have more than 2 or 3 pitchers that are strong.

I heard he was sitting under the shade tree with you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I think the hicks down there think they are better than everbody else,hows that for an upper sullivan co.reply?

I think it was you jacking your jaw that got this nonsense started in the first place.I would say you are probably J.Parkers dad . /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

See if you had a CLUE to anything you would of known J. Parkers dad was not at that game! When you call us hicks it just shows how IGNORANT you are! Get A Life Pal! Good Luck to the 4 Teams remaining!

Yes, I remember speaking of the frustration but I didn't mean to imply that the kids are quitters. I agree with many other posts on here that attacking the kids is not a good thing to do. Kids do the best they can, generally, with the opportunities they are or are not given. Again it depends on the coaching. SH is a top quality team. You can tell the kids are well-disciplined the way they enter and leave the field. They are running with heads up and a competitive spirit at all times. They never give up or give in. I just think they have the best chance around to advance to state. I don't see that spirit with a lot of other teams. Crockett showed it yesterday and if they can sustain that they might have a chance. Central gave the Toppers a good run for their money too. As you state, it's all about the pitching and East may have an Ace up their sleeve. Who knows. South runs on their ace all the time and I'm not sure of the quality of their #2 and 3 guys. Pitcher they used yesterday showed some guts taking on the big guns like he did. Held it together pretty good until about the 4th inning. I'm sure he's probably young and got some good experience yesterday. 2nd guy they put in had to be young young young. That had to be a strategic move to keep the better ones for advanced games. I think it will be about who shows up to play and who might have a grudge to bear. Guess we'll see. From a post I read on here earlier, seems Topper Coach cultivates his pitching staff right on down to the middle school level. Ritz does that, Breuninger does that, Payne does that but not sure south does that. You just got to have more than 2 or 3 pitchers that are strong.

I agree with some of what you are saying but most of it just comes down to basic talent. SH has more right now and for that matter most years. No matter who the coach has been there, they've had talent. They've had 3 or 4 different coaches in the last 10 years and they are always good right? You have to have the horses to pull the wagon, but I agree, some coaches know how to guide the wagon better than others. If this rain continues, heck, South might win the state! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just pitch Tristan every 4 or 5 days when a game is played!

See if you had a CLUE to anything you would of known J. Parkers dad was not at that game! When you call us hicks it just shows how IGNORANT you are! Get A Life Pal! Good Luck to the 4 Teams remaining!

Didn't say I was at the game PAL,just took a wild guess.If you are DG are you still wearing an eye patch?Every time we played your traveling teams it looked like you just had the s--- beat out of you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What an example of a coach you were setting. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I'v got a good life according to my dad.

but I agree, some coaches know how to guide the wagon better than others. If this rain continues, heck, South might win the state! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just pitch Tristan every 4 or 5 days when a game is played!

Oh now I agree with you 100% there. What I find is that some coaches have the talent and with it they use it , get a good name, and look like a million bucks! Then when the talent runs a little dry they just flap around like a good tastin trout on a bed of rice! Guess what I'm saying is that the better coaches can come in and guide the wagon no matter what kind of horses are pullin it. They have to have some talent so that they can teach and sharpen the young men but this business of "you gotta know it before you get to my level" is hogwash in my book. A good leader can take a somewhat talented guy and teach him how to use his fundamentals. I agree that they gotta know the fundamentals before you get them but don't write a kid off and leave him out there to get frustrated. Take BTMom's son for instance. She told me that her son was a talented LEFTY and was just left out to dry so he quit! What dummy would not work with a lefty! That's poor coaching righ there. Toppers have a good feeder and travel program set up. That is priceless in my book. They also sign their guys to colleges. That's important in my book too. You can't just use a kid up and then send him on his way unless you're some arrogant you know what. Coach Breuninger is astute at teaching the kids. He works with them one on one and his assistants are just as patient as he is. So to have leadership, you gotta show it. To have a state bound team, you gotta have discipline and fairness and motivation.

I've started building an ark in the back 40 and you and the little woman are welcomed to come on it if it don't stop raining. This is ridiculous. I reckon I'm gonna be out til midnight one of these first nights watchin baseball and mama will be raising the roof.

I forgot to say that Archer is a talented kid. Great pitching and college bound. He can't do it all alone though. That's why they call it a TEAM sport.

Didn't say I was at the game PAL,just took a wild guess.If you are DG are you still wearing an eye patch?Every time we played your traveling teams it looked like you just had the s--- beat out of you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What an example of a coach you were setting. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I'v got a good life according to my dad.

I don't care who you are...thats some funny stuff right there.

Oh now I agree with you 100% there. What I find is that some coaches have the talent and with it they use it , get a good name, and look like a million bucks! Then when the talent runs a little dry they just flap around like a good tastin trout on a bed of rice! Guess what I'm saying is that the better coaches can come in and guide the wagon no matter what kind of horses are pullin it. They have to have some talent so that they can teach and sharpen the young men but this business of "you gotta know it before you get to my level" is hogwash in my book. A good leader can take a somewhat talented guy and teach him how to use his fundamentals. I agree that they gotta know the fundamentals before you get them but don't write a kid off and leave him out there to get frustrated. Take BTMom's son for instance. She told me that her son was a talented LEFTY and was just left out to dry so he quit! What dummy would not work with a lefty! That's poor coaching righ there. Toppers have a good feeder and travel program set up. That is priceless in my book. They also sign their guys to colleges. That's important in my book too. You can't just use a kid up and then send him on his way unless you're some arrogant you know what. Coach Breuninger is astute at teaching the kids. He works with them one on one and his assistants are just as patient as he is. So to have leadership, you gotta show it. To have a state bound team, you gotta have discipline and fairness and motivation.

I've started building an ark in the back 40 and you and the little woman are welcomed to come on it if it don't stop raining. This is ridiculous. I reckon I'm gonna be out til midnight one of these first nights watchin baseball and mama will be raising the roof.

I forgot to say that Archer is a talented kid. Great pitching and college bound. He can't do it all alone though. That's why they call it a TEAM sport.

You know BJ, you ain't as bad as I first thought. I do understand some of your "beef" with A too. But, I think you are being a little too hard on him. I mean, I get it. He ain't no Coach Z, but he ain't no DG either!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> We've been blessed with some good baseball coaches at South over the 30 years. Wow, has it been that long? Averaging over 20 wins a year ain't nothing to sneeze at right? And, don't sell this South club short. I think they are just one pitcher and one stick away from being a very good club. We have two sophs that can swing the sticks with the best of 'em. Got some good youngins coming up too. Next year's freshman team will be loaded.

You know BJ, you ain't as bad as I first thought.

Finally, VMS! Ding, Ding! Funny how you only wrestle me for one reply and then give in but you make B Jack fight for it like a dog. I've been laughing at you two all day. This is my recommendations:

1. BlackJack: just let me know when someone doesn't instantly agree with you and I'll yell at them. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> It's the same as calling the principal or the Queen of Gray Station International

2. VolMan: You need a secretary so you don't feel the need to fight for 209 pages of a thread before you halfway agree with a poor guy; I perhaps could volunteer between locating my entire set if dishes hidden under Bobby's bed (dirty) and locating my cell phone my 4 year old has hidden in the hayloft

3. No one but you really remembers Z; it was still a one room school house and Colonial Heights was yet to be invented- please, come be with us in 2009! It's a lovely place....

4. You all have about 2.9 seconds to go to http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=195671 or I'm comin' over there...

Much love & baseball forever...

Plus some Blue Duece Love

BMama

Finally, VMS! Ding, Ding! Funny how you only wrestle me for one reply and then give in but you make B Jack fight for it like a dog. I've been laughing at you two all day. This is my recommendations:

1. BlackJack: just let me know when someone doesn't instantly agree with you and I'll yell at them. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> It's the same as calling the principal or the Queen of Gray Station International

2. VolMan: You need a secretary so you don't feel the need to fight for 209 pages of a thread before you halfway agree with a poor guy; I perhaps could volunteer between locating my entire set if dishes hidden under Bobby's bed (dirty) and locating my cell phone my 4 year old has hidden in the hayloft

3. No one but you really remembers Z; it was still a one room school house and Colonial Heights was yet to be invented- please, come be with us in 2009! It's a lovely place....

4. You all have about 2.9 seconds to go to http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=195671 or I'm comin' over there...

Much love & baseball forever...

Plus some Blue Duece Love

BMama

Now D, you know I give in too easy to lovely ladies. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I'm not sure you'd want to be my secretary though. You'd be too busy trying to bury all those skeletons in my closet! We'd have to call it Rebelgate or something. It could get messy and I'd hate to drag you through it like that! But, if you insist, I could use a hand! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And, I prefer living in the past thank you! These kids these days don't know what they missed!

I'm not sure you'd want to be my secretary though. You'd be too busy trying to bury all those skeletons in my closet! We'd have to call it Rebelgate or something.

What? My offer did NOT include the care of your skeletons. I have my very own storage building full to take care of all on my own. OK, actually Greg does a good job for me. See, I take out all my skeletons and flaunt them around and party with them & stuff--- that way no one can tell a story on me that I haven't told on my very own self! It keeps life kinda simple, like my little cobwebbed mind! Rebelgate....I think you're on to something! I'm thinking....I smell smoke....must sleep on it....could be brilliant and always financially beneficial or I don't do it....hum, you just might have found a way to pay off all those rings, houses, manicures, and hairdos you bought but didn't get to use....I'll get back to you...

Love, Mom