NEW: Mean Jean Top 25 Poll for week 0

meanjean

If you want to argue that scrimmages matter, what about McCallie beating Riverdale in a scrimmage this year pretty easily.. but I agree, scrimmages have no bearing on what happens during the season

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I've been to plenty "Super Seven" games, and I still think 5 and 4A is better ball. Not every team in those classes, but many of them. McCallie had much trouble in beating a mediocre Red Bank team last year, and in all reality, RB should've won that game anyway. They also got lucky in beating Notre Dame last year, a team in D-II AA that won 3 games that season...yes 3.

About the Riverdale comment...you ever think that maybe Riverdale doesn't want to play teams that offer scholarships/financial aid (whatever you want to call it) to players and have players from several states playing for them? If you HONESTLY think that Riverdale was afraid to play D-II teams, you're crazy. I do agree that D-II teams are very good, I also think that there are 7 5A and 4A teams that could beat D-II AAA teams.

Posted by meanjean:

Expect two teams to be moving up in the next Mean Jean Poll and that would be the impressive squads of The White House and those from Tyner Academy of Chattanoogie!

meanjean, What about Alias SMITH & Jones COUNTY?Smith

[Edited by Antwan on 8-31-02 8:35A]

• 1 year later...

Meanjean, there is a fault in your rankings. You do them without regard to class. It just simply cannot be accurate this way. Anyone who ranks the top 25 teams in TN and doesnt have 6 of the 7 Super 7 teams in their rankings is disillusioned. It is by far the most competitive conference in the state, and it continually produces nationally ranked teams with a reputation for winning. This year is definitely no expection.

In middle Tn....MBA is a class amongst anyone PERIOD. Goodpature looks great...and those are the 2 that should get mentioned state-wise...besides the Brentwoods....and hopefully Pearl Cohns...Go coach Fitgerald...MBA has been THE best team in the state of TN. for the last 5 years....Publics can not contend with their disipline, strenghth, and $$$$$$.....BOTTOM LINE....Oh, and I hope you publics do get it done and win big...I'll cheer for Galletin for starters....they were the tough boys for years....next on the wish list...Oak Ridge....2 HUGE powers.....GO IRISH (we are not that good....but we used to be.....and I was on those teams).