No privates in 1A?

BDURHAM

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

If Collinwood needs a good offensive linemen, where in the world would they go to find one within their school system? If any ABC school needs a new anything, new kids are moving into Metro Nashville by the thousands every week!

ELA that first part is a good point, but the other part is no where near true. I highly doubt Coach Pack is sitting in his office waiting for his phone to ring to hear from a blue chip recruits dad who suddenly had an awakening and decided to move the whole clan to the CPA district for his 250 pound son to play for them. If you look at history in terms of moving, most families move well before they have teenagers, or well after the teenagers have graduated. Many people move during their first few years after marriage or the first few years after their son or daughter graduates high school. But I do see what you are saying, although I quietly disagree.

Yes... but if you live in or move to Nashville and have the money, where are you going to send your kid if he is an athlete... CPA or Startford? I think the answer is obvious! Consequently, the METRO ABC schools have more talent walking in their doors than do the small rural public schools that they love to play!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got the kind of money to send your kid to CPA, are you really going to move into the Stratford zone? (Although in the Chattanooga area, it wasn't all that uncommon in the past for newcomers with top hoopsters to aim for the Brainerd High zone...) Realistically, that kid would end up at Brentwood, Franklin, or maybe Hillsboro if he went public.

yellow,

you terd, I was hoping you wouldn't remind everyone about that. That idea really stunk. There are so many towns in 1A ball that don't even show up on a map. Plus, there are so many schools. It was just to hard for one person. I still stick by the fact that TSSAA is out for money and not the game. 8 divisions is sad. Whoever is in charge of that should be fired.

lazarus,

I have no idea what you just said. I could look up that word, but I have no dictionary in my house (as you can tell from my horrible spelling). Anyway, go ahead and flat out say what you're trying to say. Maybe then my limited intellectual ability will get it. :o

[Edited by panfan on 8-30-02 12:30A]

You guys just want to water down every classification, lets legislate a championship for everyone, lets get rid of the private school, lets get rid of the communities that have higher taxes (to have better schools), whats next, lets get rid of schools with higher attendence rates. Instead of telling your kids you can not compete, instead of lowering the bar, raise it, get a good coach, if you school is too poor to do that, than raise property taxes to support your school. If you don't have any athetes...than make then atheletes. You will be amazed what hard work and dedication will bring. Not everyone can be a champ. it is a fact of life.