Hillsboro Next Football Season

The biggest problem is you cannot get assistant coaches in the building. It has been a problem there for some time. There is also a lack of understanding by administration of how much really goes into putting a real winner on the field. You can put athletes out there and win games, but not championships. If you can't understand the difference, then you cannot possibly understand what is going on.

I have no idea how Mr Manuel is as a head principal. I like him a lot as a person and he did a good job as an assistant, but sometimes getting the big job changes a person. I can name several instances in Metro where the guy suddenly thought more highly of himself (and his worth) than he should have. I am not saying this is what happened with Rod, I have no clue.

A successful school is dependent on more than having a public speaker leading the way. Talk will only get you so far. There has to be a group effort by everyone involved from the guidance office to teachers and students all the way down to the custodians. Everyone has to be on the same page. A lot of blustery talk and bullying will not get it done. I know Swamisays will back me up on this. Lord knows it did not work with Pedro Garcia.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem is you cannot get assistant coaches in the building. It has been a problem there for some time. There is also a lack of understanding by administration of how much really goes into putting a real winner on the field. You can put athletes out there and win games, but not championships. If you can't understand the difference, then you cannot possibly understand what is going on.

I have no idea how Mr Manuel is as a head principal. I like him a lot as a person and he did a good job as an assistant, but sometimes getting the big job changes a person. I can name several instances in Metro where the guy suddenly thought more highly of himself (and his worth) than he should have. I am not saying this is what happened with Rod, I have no clue.

A successful school is dependent on more than having a public speaker leading the way. Talk will only get you so far. There has to be a group effort by everyone involved from the guidance office to teachers and students all the way down to the custodians. Everyone has to be on the same page. A lot of blustery talk and bullying will not get it done. I know Swamisays will back me up on this. Lord knows it did not work with Pedro Garcia.

Good post bigchief! You're absolutely right....as good as a staff as they had under Blade only 2 assistants were also teachers at HHS. Compare that to when Aydelott left, ALL the assistants were also teachers at HHS. I am becoming convinced that that is an underestimated factor.

Playtime with MNPS schools is over for HHS football. They are now in District 11-AAA where the all the other sports have been competing for years and working very hard for every bit of success they earn. Coming off a state championship victory over the program who then had the nation's longest winning streak provides HHS with a unique opportunity. I REALLY hope they take advantage of it with their hiring of a HC. Sink or Swim time at HHS!

Players have not had weight lifting or conditioning all week and are being told nothing. I believe this is a low down shame. These kids have worked their butts off and are being cast aside. Just another reason people pull their kids out of Metro schools. I believe the administration both at HHS and central office should be ashamed.

You are totally correct.

Players have not had weight lifting or conditioning all week and are being told nothing. I believe this is a low down shame. These kids have worked their butts off and are being cast aside. Just another reason people pull their kids out of Metro schools. I believe the administration both at HHS and central office should be ashamed.

You are correct, they should be ashamed. But since they are still receiving very large paychecks with no accoutability for their failures in serving the students of MNPS, smug and arrogant is more of what they really are.

The same thing happened when Aydelott left. There was no weight lifting, no conditioning, no spring practice, and no spring game. Yet, the team went to the state championship. Not saying the new coach will pull off what Blade did, but it is possible for the team to recoup.

The same thing happened when Aydelott left. There was no weight lifting, no conditioning, no spring practice, and no spring game. Yet, the team went to the state championship. Not saying the new coach will pull off what Blade did, but it is possible for the team to recoup.

Exactly, I don't see the Burros having to big of a tree to climb if they work hard to make up for last time when they get this new coach (and he also knows what he's doing).

It took forever to get practice going with Blade because he was out of state and not from here and had to get situated. Most likely this head coach is going to be from here and could of been hired a while ago. It's probably just Metro once again dropping the ball and putting things off until they have to be dealt with.

When Aydelott left there was still weight lifting going on, with Coach Phillips, Coach FInch, and Coach Herzog ran the program. And spring practice was ran by Coah Phillips, because he believed in showing them he was capable of running the program, Phillips also ran practices until Blade came from California, so the team didn't miss a beat, they were always learning, Blade gave him th enew system and he started implementing it for Blade in his absence.