muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone over Crockett 7-0

South over Tenn High 21-0

DB over Volunteer 6-0

Science Hill was up when i left over Central 7-0 South played their starters the entire game. Scoring twice on offense and once on a pcik six.

Db 1st team offense drove the field and scored and pulled the starters on offense and defense. Likewise Volunteer pulled their starters after the second time on offense. Tenn High did'nt start Shephard on offense and probably did'nt show much or play the 1st teamers much. Bonne and Crockett played mostly 1st teamers(i think). South was the only team that thought this thing was a Super Bowl. That was stupid on Carters part. UP 14-0 with starters still in, St.Claire scrambles and runs toward the sideline to go out of bounds and takes a late hit. Wow, that would have proven big if he would have gotten injured. These Jamborees are not to be taken serious. Hey coach, what were you thinking? Scoring 21 points did'nt win anything, it was a scrimmage. Having said that, i do like the offense, from year to year the team looks the same even with different players. A lot like Maryville.

Here is the problem. You don't listen very well do you. This scrimmage could ruin your season if you get someone hurt. Stacy got lucky. When that defensive end came around on St Claire when they were up 14-0 and still trying to score, he had better be dang glad that boy did'nt have a killer instinct because if he wanted he could have broke him up bad. Season would be all screwd up. Now, think about that. Every Jamboree for years to come you should have that in the back of your mind. :roflol:

91, Stacy feels like the Jamboree is supposed to be exciting for the fans and a good time to show what you can do. It's how he does it every year. Meanwhile Stubbs, G.C., and coaches like them are extremely conservative (read; boring). Stacy has nothing to hide but instead believes it is a time to build fan loyalty once again. If everyone came out and started the middle schoolers then how much fun would that be to see? You call it a Super Bowl? Well, Southers do consider it a Super Bowl. It's supposed to be fun. You people act like you got an atomic weapon or something and you have to have secret police. We just have a good time. Good luck with your NASA program. :roflol:

Don't know you. Don't care who you are. I have a huge amount of respect for this entire Team. If you'll check my post, I didnt blame anyone for anything. Other people were downing the Rebs. Not I. Am I supposed to lie and say we had things last season that we didnt? Not gonna do it. You really need to take the rose colored glasses off. I was stating FACTS as to what the QB brings this year and why the passing game will be fine, and in my opinion better. I'm not saying the personal stats will be better, I'm saying the team will be better. Whats wrong with that opinion? I also have no clue what you are talking about with the "pre season workouts" last year. Oh, yes, there were some with the Saint and underclassmen. You certainly are confused on that one. Not sure if you are truly just ingnorant, you get your ideas second hand, or your just a bit off. Read my post again... I believe in the Rebels. I'm not the one on here spreading the manure my friend.

Once again i come to the boards for some good South info and find Satch on his Usual blame game and finger pointing. If you spent half as much time supporting this team as you did trying to bash it and what its done there would be no bigger fan. It's no secret who I am to those on this board and that Bradley is family, that's why I refrain to bash back on your son, he had a great year in football and looked real good in track, bashing him would make me look..............well...........childish and ignorant like yourself. But first you have to be open to get the ball regardless of reciever 1,2 or 3 then catch it and make something happen with it. I wouldn't get into typing threads about respect on any level because you seem to have none for these young men, now or ever that ive seen :roflol: . I still wonder why you talk of no pre season workouts last year, guess you guys just didnt have time to attend them. :roflol:

Good luck Rebels 09/10 . I'll have some more family members to root for this year in JJ and Hammonds. Good luck guys and go REBELS!!!!

Ok whoever you are, and I really dont know. I honestly dont care. If you know me, you're welcome to talk to me. Here's where you all missed my point and intentions. The Saint and his WRs have been criticized on here as if they are doing something wrong or not doing what the QB1 and WR1 did last season. Fact is, they work harder, whether you can accept that or not. I was pointing out that The Saint has put in as much work with his WRs over the past years than anyone. Like it or not, QB1 and WR1 did not put this in last year and the continuous critisizim from a couiple last years parents sheds a light on it. Yes, QB1 and WR1 last year were extremely gifted and blessed with talent and overcame it. As far as getting open goes as you or someone else stated, watch the fims my friend. All I can say is KK made some circus catches and I am a huge fan. Does that mean I am anti-Bradley. Heck no. He was an extrodinary athlete and his pic will hang on the wall at South forever. He deserves it. But don't try to act like all was perfect. Let me ask.... Did anyone ever compare your QB to Curt? Of course. Was it fair to do that? NO. But when people now want to down the QB1 this year or compare him and the passing game to last season, you're ok with it? And I can't have an oppinon? You aren't happy with me telling of all the great work that the QB and WRs have have put in? You aren't happy with the fact that the WRs work extra on weekends now? You should be dang proud of what was accomplished last year. They accomplished all state on shear God-given talent. They are good boys and I wish them well playing college football. This team this year may not be as talented at some of the indiviual positions, but they do use all their weapons and they do believe. So what's your beef?

Guys...leave Satch alone OK. Thanks for your support but let it go. It's tough being a Senior parent. It's really tough being an ex Senior parent. :roflol: It's really, really tough being the parent of the guy who couldn't punch in the last TD. :roflol: It's tough watching your son drop a beautifully calculated 60 yarder in the end zone much less having to hear the whipers of "that's it he's done" starting with the Science Hill game. :roflol: 'Cmon now...it's tough. He really did not mean it to sound the way it did. I was the one to recruit #1 when he was on the track team when he was a 6th grader. I went to his Mama and begged to let him play the next fall. I said this last year and I'll say it this year, put him in the backfield and throw him screens to get him warmed up. Heck, you get him the ball in space and he's gone anyway. So your wife vomits every time you make advances. Maybe you just make her sick. Maybe you should try a different approach. All the whisperers know that I have had #1's back all last year and since. I was chastised for it. I just don't give up that easily. Take Michael Acero. He was mine. Seth Johnson...mine. JJ mine! Well, Bobeye might belong to Wade Garvin but I love him too. Todays scrimmage was nothing. Satch is right...it's coming together. It's what Stacy does. Instead to look the other way give #1 a pat on the back and the St. Let them know that you know they "Got This"! Tell them they are walking in some big shoes right now and that it's time to open for business. Make them be responsible but make sure they know you are their spotter. Maybe a little different approach guys...they need us...yeah, that's right US! Who knows...maybe your wife won't feel so nauscious.

I was a senior parent and am NOW a former senior parent! And I have never gotten on here and blasted another parents kid so don't tell me to go easy on him! Believe me, no one wanted to see his (#1) succeed last year more than me!

When you only have one year to get it done and you go 12-0 (Until the Greeneville Debacle) and account for 3000 yds and 33 TD's and still have

comments being directed his way like the garbage he is spewing out is Ridiculous!

Satch, yes people have taken shots on here about #1 dropping balls. But, you have taken several shots at Bradley. Enough is enough. Let's focus on this year. I hope #1 catches everything thrown at him and I hope Bradley has a very good collegiate career. Let's move on................

Scott, not sure why you brought that up or him into it? I know you never took shots, and I don't see anyone else taking shots now. Last year however, you can count on one hand the number of balls he has dropped in three years. No more than anyone else last year, or anyone else muffing punts and kicks. Should we hold incompletions and intentional groundings to the same standard? Should we add up incompletions due to poorly thrown balls? Of course not.

So, to label him that way holds no water. So (dand it!) Do you want the truth that I held back because people will say I am making excuses? Ok, Scott I'll get hammered probably but here's the rest of the story. Comp, if you want to chime in with an honest post here's your opportunity to back me up. Yes, Seth dropped a nicely thrown ball in game one vs. SH. Watch the film and you will see he wasn't looked at again after that regardless of being open allot - across the middle with hand in the air. Again, I never told this because I didn't want to hear all the critics saying I am just making excuses, but here you go... This the same week that he had been in the hospital for two days (and did not tell the anyone) and had his side and foot cut open due to staph. He still said, I should have had it and made no excuses. Yes, he dropped a nicely thrown ball vs. Greeneville at Greeneville. Honestly analyze this situation: This was the game where he was benched for the first three quarters and then sent back in the game for one single bomb. Remember the temperature? Could you feel your hands and feet. You think he could? Honesty here, is that fair? Still, he beat himself up saying Dad I could'nt feel anything but I should have had it. No excuse from him.

In regards to last years passing game, maybe I spoke too truthfully and openly about it. I'm sure I did. I can see that. But that does not make me wrong and noone can object to the facts. If someone busts on the Saint or this years WR corp, especiailly a select few of last years players or parents, and I have to tell what this current bunch does extra outside of official South practices, as a group of all the starters ... then do not crucify me because this did not exist with key starters last season. In MY OPINOIN, which a huge amount of people at South and in the area share but won't state because they are more reserved than I, last year's passing game was tunnelvision and got in a predictable rut. Am I wrong Comp or am I just on a limb by myself? Right or wrong? Of course, I'm the bad guy for uttering it. People did get offended and for that I apologize. It was what it was and I was factual.

But here, this season, if you will see, I was propping up The Saint and once again speaking of the things HE has done, is doing, and will do. I can't help it if others did not do the same previously. Yes, I hear the WR's were off vs Betsy. I wasn't there. I don't know what happened specifically. I do know they have been trying several people out and moving people around, as a smart team will do in the summer. I do not know how Seth did before being knocked out of the scrimmage with a concussion. Yes, the Saint was missing the mark vs Powell, but they all came together in the jamboree. The Saint spread the rock around, and in just one quarter threw for over 100 yards and a bomb of a td over the shoulder in the corner of the end zone. Comp, was it you that said that would be missing this year? The long ball? Like there was a monopoly on that and they aren't capable. Scott, all I want is to shed light on the extra steps this group of Rebels has taken. How they are and will be fine. And how they really believe in each other this year. No doubt each of Coach Carter's classes have learned from the last and each class has given to improve the next. Can we move on now?

In fact, ya know what, I'm done on here for good. :popcorneater: I'll give you all the last twisted word. Decide how honest you want to be though, and then all the other people reading it need to decide if you are going to sit back and let the bull stick. You all know the truth, and you all want me to stand alone and be the only one back then with guts to call a spade a spade, well so be it. I may have been wrong in my limited wording, but I only stated the facts. You just could not accept them. I'm done with you guys and your rose-colored daddy glasses.

Drop it all, don't even respond and move on to talking football. I'm gone. dry.gif

In fact, ya know what, I'm done on here for good. :thumb: I'll give you all the last twisted word. Decide how honest you want to be though, and then all the other people reading it need to decide if you are going to sit back and let the bull stick. You all know the truth, and you all want me to stand alone and be the only one back then with guts to call a spade a spade, well so be it. I may have been wrong in my limited wording, but I only stated the facts. You just could not accept them. I'm done with you guys and your rose-colored daddy glasses.

Drop it all, don't even respond and move on to talking football. I'm gone. dry.gif

Thats more like it. I was able to read your whole post without nodding off. I do have a funny feeling though that somebody is about to create a new screen name. :popcorneater:

Satch, you probably won't be reading this since you're gone, but, I would have gotten mad if I were you too. I mean, when someone attacks your kid, who wouldn't? I didn't think people should have been so hard on Seth over a couple of dropped balls. But, I thought you were a little hard on last year's graduating class too. I mean, you did state that the problem graduated in May. They are just kids. They all make mistakes. We as coaches/parents/fans or whatever we are called, should be behind them. If they get outta line, take a belt to that #### and straighten 'em out. But, as for football, let it take care of itself with the coaches and players. Surely not a message board.

Satch, it sounds like you've removed your own rose colored glasses from last year and may now be trying to look forward objectively. Admitting some letdowns last year was a good start.

Going forward, #1 has looked good in the scrimmages and jamboree...we hope it continues. I might add that he looks real good in the defensive backfield also.

Looking forward to the trip to Knox West, maybe tailgate a little, get pumped for kickoff, and hopefully watch a fantastic start to another great season :popcorneater: