South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Hey Comp...great post! I'm curious to what you mean about Bobby belonging Mr. Garvin...I thought he was Mr. and Mrs. Taylor's boy?

Never heard of him. I think perhaps he belongs to Cap 1, but acts goofy like VolMan sometimes. :twisted:

I mention that you people are getting a little weird and look who shows up. :thumb:

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Comp...great post! I'm curious to what you mean about Bobby belonging Mr. Garvin...I thought he was Mr. and Mrs. Taylor's boy?

Never heard of him. I think perhaps he belongs to Cap 1, but acts goofy like VolMan sometimes. :twisted:

I mention that you people are getting a little weird and look who shows up. :thumb:

Dang Jack...hanging out at K Mart at 3am with a little doll that looks like you and you sticking pins in it every which way.....

Comp--haven't been on here in a while, and all this drama and ignorance is why. You are right about the 'supporting' the boys. I have yours and you have mine, and I appreciate you for it.. What else do we ole farts have to do, right? Here's my thoughts----it takes very little time or effort to stop, call his name, shake his hand, say "I'm watching you and I'm pulling for you". Sometimes, maybe, the boy will think "that ole fart" and just trash it, but then there may that one boy that's lifted up by your caring.

You never know what's going on in his life, at home, at school, on the field---and a little investment might just pay off one day.

See ya this afternoon, I hope.

Yeah, I'll be there. Sitting here at work...Long Train Runnin' is playing on the radio..."Where would you be now". Aaaahh, that Woodstock era music...soothes the soul. Ole Fart...yeah I guess I am one. I remember the Dads my son looked up to. A few words from them to him was pure motivation. It's important stuff. Believe it or not we are important to them. Mostly because we didn't forget what it was like. You see when they leave and go to boot camp they are all alone. Nobody to cool those flames. No one to give an encouraging word. It's such a short time we have to make them men before they have to stand up. I appreciate so much all the support of the "family" that was given to mine. It's all they have to carry with them. Sometimes it is not enough. Sometimes it's all they have left at the end of the day. So having a man like Stacy and his coaches and their teachings is religion. We are so fortunate to have someone of his calibre'. Go Rebels! Put it together today. We believe in you! :thumb:

You people need to get a grip on yourselves. Your starting to get a little weird. This is a game. Their not going off to war.

Yeah, you're right...we don't go to war until October 2nd! :twisted:

Oh Happy Day for WaKKKKO. Your girlfriends back in town! :twisted:

Skin color doesn't matter in football. WR #1 will make a catch to shove it down your throat this year. WG has the coach's earl about like Kate does. Nutball IndianHoop Moms, bring it. The only game that matter is the next one...

The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Time to Rock, baby.

The OMest :thumb:

Oh Happy Day for WaKKKKO. Your girlfriends back in town! :thumb:

Skin color doesn't matter in football. WR #1 will make a catch to shove it down your throat this year. WG has the coach's earl about like Kate does. Nutball IndianHoop Moms, bring it. The only game that matter is the next one...

The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Time to Rock, baby.

The OMest :twisted:

This is your brain on drugs (& alcohol)

Man, I turn my back for a week and you Southers take it right down the toilet don't you....you boys need to learn to play nice before the season starts or 'ol Barb's likely to take your foam finger and your cowbell away. I don't know what you're gonna do when I'm gone for good...I guess i should start grooming a replacement.....how bout it BTaylorM :motorbike: om.......

Thanks to Powell for traveling up from Knoxville. I know...Powell TN. Rebels, you looked great. Seniors, you put it together. I think all will agree you are now ready. Nice show. :motorbike:

Went to the scrimmage as well....have to agree looked purty good to me! Always some things to work on....think we got a little complacent there for a bit (on offense) and Stacy showed his displeasure. I don't really know what Powell returns and their expectations, however overall good show!

Thanks to Powell for traveling up from Knoxville. I know...Powell TN. Rebels, you looked great. Seniors, you put it together. I think all will agree you are now ready. Nice show. :motorbike:

Went to the scrimmage as well....have to agree looked purty good to me! Always some things to work on....think we got a little complacent there for a bit (on offense) and Stacy showed his displeasure. I don't really know what Powell returns and their expectations, however overall good show!

If you look at Powell's schedule results back through '05 you'll see that they have been fairly successful. Beating West, Halls and Clinton 2 out of 3 years and a close playoff game against Red Bank. They haven't been a pushover. Don't know what their expectatons are for '09.

No need to worry about a punter. BOOM goes the dynamite. Thunder-foot wears #10. :motorbike:

I don't know if anyone else heard this or not....I think the first punt #10 punted a Powell coach yelled out to the Powell returner "scoot up he don't have that big of a leg". BOOM over his head by about 10 yards it went. I got a good chuckle from that one. :hungry: