South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

No problem. Not directed toward you in any way. I just wanted to correct my post and add my two cents on all the finger pointing on the board! Anyone who knows anything about South football knows everyone of these players works extremely hard and deserves respect for their commitment. Just to do the running takes an quite a bit of determination and willpower - and everyone does it! To publicly criticize these KIDS who are working hard, is inexcusable in every way. These are not pro athletes - just kids wanting to have some fun playing a GAME!! If you really have an issue with someone, be a man and talk to them face to face - not anonymously behind a keyboard.

I think this board should be a place to share the positive things about South football, discuss the upcoming opponents, etc. It is definitely not a place to drag some poor kid through the mud!

P.S. - You are 100% correct about the coaching staff not listening to parents about playing time! It makes me laugh just thinking abut it!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think Coach Carter listens to parents?? If you do you are an idiot. I bet your son is not starting, huh? You go talk to Coach Carter about playing time and see how it works for you.

And if you knew the man that you are calling out in this post, you would know better than to even suggest it. Furthermore, those boys don't need help. They can take care of themselves and do and have and will, and on and on.

Whoaaa....That must of hit a little close to home. Name calling, "calling out",.. you just perpetuate the stereotypes.

Never said they did listen to parents, but I did say I hope they don't listen to ANY parents. I have no knowledge either way. And no I no longer have a child at South. As always, I wish the very best to the Rebels, but otherwise stand by my previous posts in their entirety.

My posts about reported issues with the passing game were fully a month ago. At the end of said posts I alluded to the fact that it was early and was no different than years past. I remember a scrimmage against Gatlinburg Pittman that we had difficulties in. But by the time Jamboree came around we were ready. In other words it always seems to come together. I was not at the scrimmage but spoke with many who were. Alot of head shaking. I just don't put a lot of stock in scrimmages. I spoke with Ryan Fuller, the QB of our O line and he said they were experimenting with different things. The I formation under center for example. He said they were having a bit of difficulty going from the spread blocking schemes to the straightforwardness of the I as well with a Soph inexperienced lineman filling in for a starter. My understanding is he did pretty good under the circumstances. Better to come to an understanding of it now than later. He and others also said the St. was on the money with the passing game. The WR's were just not catching it like needed. That will change also. We were missing at least 3 key people so I would think that mattered as well. It was reported that Aaron made clutch decisions in addition to superb passing. The secondary is IMO the hardest position to teach and bring together on the field. Their responsibilities are multi-faceted and require a ruthless mindset. In the past most of our successful corners played nothing but corner. Coach has produced some of the best lockdown corners in the league in the past 5 years and I would place trust in his method. Usually when a corner is undersized the evening technique is to use bump-and-run. But that is just my opinion. I understand Paul Wagner showed promise...and speed. With a healthy D against the run I just don't see anyone breaking the field on us. Which means most will throw the ball. That employs the responsibility of a successful pass rush to help the secondary.

And from what I understand we should give 'Betsy kudos for fielding a potentially great team. I understand their skill people are just that...skilled. So that said I don't think it was potentially a pushover scrimmage. Friday nites lights are a tremendously motivating factor. When the lights come on I expect to see a team ready to go.

As far as Bobeye and Wade Garvin are concerned to the poster who querried me about my post, Wade has had Bobeye's back since he was a Frosh. Through hard times and good. We all have our favorites that we try to support.

And last...as parents of the players, of course we are their main fans. But I think we all can agree that it means something special to each player if a certain parent is personally interested in their success. It just proves that Mom and Dad are not the only ones intimately concerned. It's called family. :o

Do you really think Coach Carter listens to parents?? If you do you are an idiot. I bet your son is not starting, huh? You go talk to Coach Carter about playing time and see how it works for you.

And if you knew the man that you are calling out in this post, you would know better than to even suggest it. Furthermore, those boys don't need help. They can take care of themselves and do and have and will, and on and on.

Whoaaa....That must of hit a little close to home. Name calling, "calling out",.. you just perpetuate the stereotypes.

Never said they did listen to parents, but I did say I hope they don't listen to ANY parents. I have no knowledge either way. And no I no longer have a child at South. As always, I wish the very best to the Rebels, but otherwise stand by my previous posts in their entirety.

"close to home"?? Just that I know the man. "calling out", help--you did, but too chicken to reveal yourself--hiding behind a screen-name. "No knowledge either way"--that's about Par--but you were quick to raise question to the man's integrity, even though you know nothing about it. You need to know the man.

"close to home"?? Just that I know the man. "calling out", help--you did, but too chicken to reveal yourself--hiding behind a screen-name. "No knowledge either way"--that's about Par--but you were quick to raise question to the man's integrity, even though you know nothing about it. You need to know the man.

Name calling again....geeeez.

For all involved, you may want to drop it where it is and run away.

Knowledge and the ability to type can be a enlightening thing. :o

Name calling again....geeeez.

For all involved, you may want to drop it where it is and run away.

Knowledge and the ability to type can be a enlightening thing. :ugeek:

What's this? You didn't really say anything! I'm not running, anywhere!!

Knowledge and ability to type--you say??

They sa that anyone wit mor than even a chld's IQ can read sentnces wit lettrs omitd.

What's the problem???

Comp--haven't been on here in a while, and all this drama and ignorance is why. You are right about the 'supporting' the boys. I have yours and you have mine, and I appreciate you for it.. What else do we ole farts have to do, right? Here's my thoughts----it takes very little time or effort to stop, call his name, shake his hand, say "I'm watching you and I'm pulling for you". Sometimes, maybe, the boy will think "that ole fart" and just trash it, but then there may that one boy that's lifted up by your caring.

You never know what's going on in his life, at home, at school, on the field---and a little investment might just pay off one day.

See ya this afternoon, I hope.

Comp--haven't been on here in a while, and all this drama and ignorance is why. You are right about the 'supporting' the boys. I have yours and you have mine, and I appreciate you for it.. What else do we ole farts have to do, right? Here's my thoughts----it takes very little time or effort to stop, call his name, shake his hand, say "I'm watching you and I'm pulling for you". Sometimes, maybe, the boy will think "that ole fart" and just trash it, but then there may that one boy that's lifted up by your caring.

You never know what's going on in his life, at home, at school, on the field---and a little investment might just pay off one day.

Yeah, I'll be there. Sitting here at work...Long Train Runnin' is playing on the radio..."Where would you be now". Aaaahh, that Woodstock era music...soothes the soul. Ole Fart...yeah I guess I am one. I remember the Dads my son looked up to. A few words from them to him was pure motivation. It's important stuff. Believe it or not we are important to them. Mostly because we didn't forget what it was like. You see when they leave and go to boot camp they are all alone. Nobody to cool those flames. No one to give an encouraging word. It's such a short time we have to make them men before they have to stand up. I appreciate so much all the support of the "family" that was given to mine. It's all they have to carry with them. Sometimes it is not enough. Sometimes it's all they have left at the end of the day. So having a man like Stacy and his coaches and their teachings is religion. We are so fortunate to have someone of his calibre'. Go Rebels! Put it together today. We believe in you! :twisted:

Yeah, I'll be there. Sitting here at work...Long Train Runnin' is playing on the radio..."Where would you be now". Aaaahh, that Woodstock era music...soothes the soul. Ole Fart...yeah I guess I am one. I remember the Dads my son looked up to. A few words from them to him was pure motivation. It's important stuff. Believe it or not we are important to them. Mostly because we didn't forget what it was like. You see when they leave and go to boot camp they are all alone. Nobody to cool those flames. No one to give an encouraging word. It's such a short time we have to make them men before they have to stand up. I appreciate so much all the support of the "family" that was given to mine. It's all they have to carry with them. Sometimes it is not enough. Sometimes it's all they have left at the end of the day. So having a man like Stacy and his coaches and their teachings is religion. We are so fortunate to have someone of his calibre'. Go Rebels! Put it together today. We believe in you! :twisted:

You people need to get a grip on yourselves. Your starting to get a little weird. This is a game. Their not going off to war.