South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on here blow up Bradley to be almost as good as Curt was. Bradley was a VERY overrated QB! I watched him play many times and Satch is right he threw to one WR and handed it to #15 the rest of the time. As for his rocket for an arm...I dont know what QB yall were watching but that is not a rocket for an arm its accurate yes but not really all that strong. Bradley looked good because of the other players around him. He as an individual player was average to say the least...

I know there will be plenty of hate coming my way for this post but i am just speakng the truth

Where do you guys scrimmage Powell? I'd like to come check that out if it's at home.

Knox Powell scrimmage at South on Tues at 5:30. Looking forward to playing GC this year. I have quite a few friends from GC. How are the devils looking this year under new mgmt? It's a shame others can't talk about this years edition of the Rebs instead of bash young men that gave of their time and efforts to turn around our program. I am thankful for each one of them irregardless if they started or warmed the bench. These last 4 to 5 years have been a whole lot better to watch instead of the beatings we took for 8 years until Stacy took over. I have been part of the South community since it opened it's doors and was a part of the classes of kids that helped lay the foundations of winning programs. Those days are long gone and quite frankly a lot of us alumni thought they would never return again. Learn to apprecaite what you have and say thank you to others instead of downgrading them. We can always go back to the mid 90's!!

We're young in some spots but I think we'll be ok. Our first scrimmage isn't until next Wednesday at Volunteer so hopefully we can tell more then. Our schedule may be our downfall this year. Ten straight weeks and the 2nd toughest schedule in their classification doesn't add well. Hopefully both teams will be at full strength. I usually hit the local schools this time of year if they're playing on a night different than ours. I'm hoping to make it to Tennessee High Friday to see them and Powell Valley.

I agree with being proud of your school and the kids. It's all about them, but that seems to get lost with alot of people. Good luck to you guys.......except for September 11th....lol

This thread has become sickening. We were very fortunate to have a run of great kids/coaches/parents for the last few years. I'm beginning to see what others have been talking about with the new breed. Let's hope this doesn't continue. Some people need to remember the top 3 rules of any successful program.........1) Let the coaches coach. 2) let the players play. 3) if your are not included in rule 1 or 2, SHUT UP and the let the ones that are included do what they are supposed to do! If you want the days of the mid to late 90's and early 2000's to return, keep it up and your wishes will come true.

This thread has become sickening. We were very fortunate to have a run of great kids/coaches/parents for the last few years. I'm beginning to see what others have been talking about with the new breed. Let's hope this doesn't continue. Some people need to remember the top 3 rules of any successful program.........1) Let the coaches coach. 2) let the players play. 3) if your are not included in rule 1 or 2, SHUT UP and the let the ones that are included do what they are supposed to do! If you want the days of the mid to late 90's and early 2000's to return, keep it up and your wishes will come true.

The new breed? Do you think the coaches or the players take the time to come here? And if they do, will it ruin the program? Please!

I am all for NObody talking with coaches or players, other than maybe the parents of that particular player. But your bold "shut up" means they might as well shut this board down.

And I wouldn't like that at all. Please remember that there are approximately 14 gazillion other websites for you to ride your high horse through.

If you are a parent of a future Rebel i hope you read all the crap on this forum , because this is what you will have to look forward to. Come on guys, the past is past. Their is no sense in bashing a former player unless he's a convict or something. You guys make the Indians look better all the time. Roll Tribe.... Get some class Redneck High :roflolk:

If you are a parent of a future Rebel i hope you read all the crap on this forum , because this is what you will have to look forward to. Come on guys, the past is past. Their is no sense in bashing a former player unless he's a convict or something. You guys make the Indians look better all the time. Roll Tribe.... Get some class Redneck High :roflolk:

And the uniforms are ugly to.

I can assure you that a handful of people on this board do not represent all of South H.S. or all of the parents, players, students, coaches, etc. -- most of whom are a class act. Anyone who would make such a broad generalization would be highly mistaken and unfair. I am sure that dbfan would not like for the entire DB program or high school to be judged by the comments of a few of the DB faithful on here who also can be ridiculous. Surely we can agree that slamming a school and program for the comments of a very few people is not justified.

I can assure you that a handful of people on this board do not represent all of South H.S. or all of the parents, players, students, coaches, etc. -- most of whom are a class act. Anyone who would make such a broad generalization would be highly mistaken and unfair. I am sure that dbfan would not like for the entire DB program or high school to be judged by the comments of a few of the DB faithful on here who also can be ridiculous. Surely we can agree that slamming a school and program for the comments of a very few people is not justified.

I call em as i see em. But seriously, come on . You guys are from K-town, and i support all our local teams. I wish South all the success in the world, but lets do it with some pride and represent your school without bashing the kids. I'm sure Stacy is just playing with what he has. It would be hard to follow a Qb like Phillips at any school. Anyone know if he has been named the starter at Wisconsin or not?

Where do you guys scrimmage Powell? I'd like to come check that out if it's at home.

Knox Powell scrimmage at South on Tues at 5:30.

I really don't mean to sound like I am correcting you, but Powell isn't in Knoxville and the school isn't called Knox Powell. We live in and the high school is located in Powell, TN, which is in Knox County, but not in the City of Knoxville and the high school is called Powell High School.

Calling where we live Knoxville would be like calling Blountville or Bluff City the City of Bristol or Kingsport.

Have I confused you enough? :roflolk: