South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Judging by the comments on another thread, it looks like Knox West has some RB's that can break the big ones. Hope SS had somebody down there checking things out. Also hoping that in the next 3 weeks the D line gets bigger, stronger and smarter and the backs find some serious, "oh h@#$ what just went by me", jets.

Also, DB and TN High must have had some problems.

Great day for some serious scouting. :roflolk:

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the comments on another thread, it looks like Knox West has some RB's that can break the big ones. Hope SS had somebody down there checking things out. Also hoping that in the next 3 weeks the D line gets bigger, stronger and smarter and the backs find some serious, "oh h@#$ what just went by me", jets.

Also, DB and TN High must have had some problems.

Great day for some serious scouting. :evil:

Indeed it was j. :roflolk:

Man I miss you guys already..... :evil:

Barb...Queen of the Gridiron! I miss you also. Are you in Alabama? I thought of you this morning when I had my gravy. Hootie-Hoo! :roflolk:

Actually, comp, I'm still in greeneville till i sell the house and then....change of plans....off to South Mississippi.....GUD FOOTBALL in Hattiesburg.....gonna hang out with Favre at Oak Grove HS!!!!!

I am SOOOOO hoping to make the trip to Death Valley to see yer boys

Man I miss you guys already..... :D

Barb...Queen of the Gridiron! I miss you also. Are you in Alabama? I thought of you this morning when I had my gravy. Hootie-Hoo! :hungry:

Actually, comp, I'm still in greeneville till i sell the house and then....change of plans....off to South Mississippi.....GUD FOOTBALL in Hattiesburg.....gonna hang out with Favre at Oak Grove HS!!!!!

I am SOOOOO hoping to make the trip to Death Valley to see yer boys

Mississippi will be ecstatic to welcome such a football mind. Your highness! The Rebels are so struggling right now. The have it all once again but someone keeps jumping in the kitchen and the cake keeps falling. Hopefully they will calm down take a deep breath and zero in on what's at hand. Stacy is a master at shepherding so hopefully he has staff in hand and can once again pull his talent together. They are right there...just so close, but no cigar yet.

I think the game will more like the last one played in Death Valley. A hard fought, physical affair won by DB 7-6.

How about a friendly wager? When DB wins by atleast 44, you can meet me over @ Ihop and purchase my triple stack on the morning of Saturday Oct 3rd. :thumb::D

If you are willing to give 44 points, I would rather bet for your 401K.

Smoke.... you still in Myrtle Beach? I would stay with the IHop bet, 401k's are worthless now.

any recent updates? how've they looked in scrimmages so far... i've heard a lot of conflicting opinions, rumors, observations etc... which is normal this time of year. I guess you never really know till the the lights come on friday nights. I've heard both mediocre and solid... how many scrimmages do we have left, who, where?

any recent updates? how've they looked in scrimmages so far... i've heard a lot of conflicting opinions, rumors, observations etc... which is normal this time of year. I guess you never really know till the the lights come on friday nights. I've heard both mediocre and solid... how many scrimmages do we have left, who, where?

There haven't been any scrimmages since spring, that I know of. No 7 on 7,s against other teams either.

I can only imagine there must be some method to their madness.

I believe that they go to Elizabethton Friday and host Powell on Tuesday?

They need the weather to cooperate and get these in ! :D

Preciate it jhilts... Yea i hope the weather cooperates, they need to get some live, full contact action in with someone other than themselves... I know id be foaming at the mouth ready to lay the wood on someone with another jersey by now... I hope we'll be ready come week zero, the rebs from knox west should be a pretty tough bunch, but if we are gonna make a deep run in the playoffs we need to play more teams like that. Should be an interesting year to say the least!

Get ready Rebels, its time to turn it up. The players have made it through the toughest practice stretch, with 8 sessions to go before West game week, and 3 of those sessions will be live action against opponents. Afternoon practice schedule should get them ready for Betsy,Powell and Jamboree.

Comp,

I am trying to avoid this coacht crap this year if you can tell. I havent even read anything on here in months. I am just catching up on reading a bit, just out of curiosity. So, this post I am replying to is on page 52 of 62 right at this moment. With that said, I dont know what comments have been posted since this one.

To answer your question directly, I'd say #15's observation is either premature or mistaken, probably both. I have seen the passing game look very good when I saw it recently. This group has what last year lacked. I saw a QB1 that is in charge and uses ALL his options. I saw a QB1 who hits the open route, short and deeeep. I saw WR1 and WR2 catching the ball and looking great. I heard a head coach telling a WR that one of the catches was one of the best he's seen. We will need some guys to step up at the other WR spots, and they will. This bunch has been working together alott outside of the official South practices in the spring and summer. Yes, Curt held a bunch of extra practices two years back and this needs to happen every year, and this did not happen last season - you know why. Be honest now Comp about "being almost ready by week 0". That's real funny. The Offense last year WAS almost ready all season, if you consider throwing to a single receiver and hand it to #15. Without #15, now that would have been grim. The QB never worked on any other weapons last year and you know it. So, sure it took allot of time for things to gel last year. St. Clair is right there with Curt when it comes to putting in the extra time with the WRs and working on himself. The last two-a-day practice I saw, they ran something like 20 windsprints - St. Clair finished 1st on each.

As far as it being "just not there" and "grim", well that is just wrong. I'll flip it a little here and I admonish you to go see as you asked others to do, instead of posting something that is just wrong. The lack of chemistry graduated in May. Chemistry, belief in the man next to you on the field and the depth chart, confidence, character, hope and belief - these things have never been higher to start the season. So, whether fans, parents, former players, competition are concerned or not, the 2009 Sullivan South Rebels team and coaches believe and will be ready to go.

#15 works out each morning with the Rebels and then goes to the gym for his afternoon workout in preparation for the fall. Currently the morning workout revolves around 7/7 as it did before the break. I think what is missing might be the extra 7/7 workout that the Senior Phillips held each evening while Curt was at South. We said the same thing last summer and by week 0 Bradley was just about ready. The consensus is that we aren't catching anything. I admonish some other parents to go to practice and see first hand what is happening. #15 says it is just not there. Not the QB and not the WR but both. No connection. He says it's looking grim. I remember thinking the same thing last year even as we went to full pads. I did not see any evidence of chemistry until we got to scrimmages in the later stages of preseason practice. Against Volunteer we had light chemistry but when we went down to see Jeff County it was nothing but Chemistry. We rocked. I wouldn't be concerned just yet. Stacy has a knack for putting the icing on the cake just before it is served. What do you think Satch? Is it going to come together?