district 11AA

ballbasher30

youre wrong. he started this whole mess yesterday when he wanted to run his mouth. he looked like an idiot in front of everyone last night.

i usually dont ever say anything like this about anybody or any team, but i am tonight after what i just witnessed. i have lost all respect for harpeth baseball. terrible parents, players, and coaches that do not have control over their players. what was done tonight was absolutely classless.

No you are way wrong all the smack talk started in centerfield last night before the game.If other players and coaches can't control them self how can any one player be responsible for them. He was there tonight to play ball and nothing more.There are a lot of people at your school who know him very very well and they can tell you he is a good kid. What happened tonight was not good for anyone to witness.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good ballgames in two nights marred by stuff outside the lines.

I was embarrassed for both programs. These boys grew up together. I know the CW parents almost as well as the Harpeth ones. Josh Cox, Blaine Hooper and Cody Dushay played in the championship game at Clarksville Nationals park against South Cheatham when the guys were 8. That was a 1 run game too. I've watched Morgan Murphy play baseball in Charlotte since he was 7 or 8. This was a sad, sad day for me. Perspective. We should be celebrating hard fought competitive baseball games against long time foes.

Lathan Turner had a heck of a senior night getting 3 spokes of the cycle and almost stealing 2 bases in one attempt. He stayed and worked the field by himself after the other crap.

Dakota Seagraves scored 2 of the 4 Harpeth runs, went 2 for 2 and hosed a CW runner at the plate for the third out. Huge night for him.

Kelby Isbell had 2 big hits and made several plays in the hole at 2nd. He came up big.

Devin Presley pitched another gem and got another big win on the mound.

Blaine Marlin got a big hit and played solid at short.

Jess Morris played his butt off at first and then got the save in relief.

Gee Moore had the game winner on a high bouncer with eyes and was solid behind the plate.

The game is mostly between the lines boys. The rest of it is between the ears. A little perspective for what high school baseball should be about is in order here. You're making lifelong memories. Make them good ones. There are no do overs.

Standings wise, here's what I have:

Sycamore 12-2

Creek Wood 10-4 split with Sycamore, split with Harpeth, split with Central, split with Waverly (2-2 against Harpeth and Central)

Harpeth 10-4 split with Sycamore, split with Creek Wood, swept by Central, swept Waverly (1-3 against Creek Wood and Central)

Montgomery Central 10-4 swept by Sycamore, split with Creek Wood, swept Harpeth, split with Waverly (3-1 against Creek Wood and Harpeth)

Waverly 8-6

Stewart County- who knows, at least 2 district wins

Cheatham- who knows, at least 2 district wins

Fairview 1-13

It depends on the tie breaker system. If it's head to head combined for the tied teams, it's Central, Creek Wood, Harpeth. If Harpeth is eliminated from consideration for being swept by Central and Creek Wood and Central are tied, then it's Creek Wood, Central, Harpeth because CW beat Sycamore and Central did not. It might be some other formula. Harpeth did not lose to anyone below the teams tied for 2nd place. Creek Wood and Central did. Then it would be Harpeth, Creek Wood and Central.

Personally, I think the combined head to head for the 3 teams tied is the way to go. Either way, 1-5 was very competitive in the district this year. A healthy Pieratt would have been the equalizer.

Two good ballgames in two nights marred by stuff outside the lines.

I was embarrassed for both programs. These boys grew up together. I know the CW parents almost as well as the Harpeth ones. Josh Cox, Blaine Hooper and Cody Dushay played in the championship game at Clarksville Nationals park against South Cheatham when the guys were 8. That was a 1 run game too. I've watched Morgan Murphy play baseball in Charlotte since he was 7 or 8. This was a sad, sad day for me. Perspective. We should be celebrating hard fought competitive baseball games against long time foes.

Lathan Turner had a heck of a senior night getting 3 spokes of the cycle and almost stealing 2 bases in one attempt. He stayed and worked the field by himself after the other crap.

Dakota Seagraves scored 2 of the 4 Harpeth runs, went 2 for 2 and hosed a CW runner at the plate for the third out. Huge night for him.

Kelby Isbell had 2 big hits and made several plays in the hole at 2nd. He came up big.

Devin Presley pitched another gem and got another big win on the mound.

Blaine Marlin got a big hit and played solid at short.

Jess Morris played his butt off at first and then got the save in relief.

Gee Moore had the game winner on a high bouncer with eyes and was solid behind the plate.

The game is mostly between the lines boys. The rest of it is between the ears. A little perspective for what high school baseball should be about is in order here. You're making lifelong memories. Make them good ones. There are no do overs.

Well, I say the game is mostly between the ears. Obviously you must have talent, but 90% is mental. Just like boxing.

No you are way wrong all the smack talk started in centerfield last night before the game.If other players and coaches can't control them self how can any one player be responsible for them. He was there tonight to play ball and nothing more.There are a lot of people at your school who know him very very well and they can tell you he is a good kid. What happened tonight was not good for anyone to witness.

I don't know who is right and who is wrong, but I heard the same thing as boobie, that foriest started the whole mess.

youre wrong. he started this whole mess yesterday when he wanted to run his mouth. he looked like an idiot in front of everyone last night.

i usually dont ever say anything like this about anybody or any team, but i am tonight after what i just witnessed. i have lost all respect for harpeth baseball. terrible parents, players, and coaches that do not have control over their players. what was done tonight was absolutely classless.

I sat in on both games and from a outside perspective I can say both teams had players and fans at fault. Lets stop pointing fingers and play ball guys.

I don't know who is right and who is wrong, but I heard the same thing as boobie and foriest started the whole mess.

OK you just said you didn't know who started the hole thing but still had to call out someone by name . What if it was your son or your little girl and someone said things that were not true? How would you feel? He has taken smack all year long because he is new to 11AA he throws hard, and he has a few D1 looking at him. By the way he started playing ball when he was 5, last year over 110 games and has never i said never been thrown out of a game.

Well, for starters neither team OBVIOUSLY has no discipline. Nothing happended when Harpeth got high and got caught, nothing will happen to Montgomery for fighting. Nothing will happen to Foriest for being a COMPLETE cancer/turd/instigator. Each team will save discipline with running or not at all. This should be handled by suspensions. I know it would at almost every other team in this district/area.

And KS, if it weren't for you mentioning little things like what Turner did then no one would have ever known about it. That is what is sad. Harpeth/Creekwood congrats on a good season. But can't say anyone respects either team for obvious reasons.

OK you just said you didn't know who started the hole thing but still had to call out someone by name . What if it was your son or your little girl and someone said things that were not true? How would you feel? He has taken smack all year long because he is new to 11AA he throws hard, and he has a few D1 looking at him. By the way he started playing ball when he was 5, last year over 110 games and has never i said never been thrown out of a game.

lol can you name any players in 11AA that have been thrown out of a game??? sounds like you were one of them harpeth parents who decided to cuss players, parents, and coaches as they were trying to leave after the game. i cannot believe that parents are allowed to get on the field when ballgames are over just so they can yell at the opposing coaches. just a quick little tip, that probably wont fly at CW, which if the tie breaker is in CW's favor, thats exactly where harpeth will be playing.

if anyone is wanting to know how this started, the first play of the game monday night whoever lead off for harpeth hit a routine groundball to third, was thrown out by about 2 and a half steps, and decided that it would be cute to elbow the first baseman after he passed him. harpeth has a young team, and their maturity shows it.

yep, definitely a parent... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wrong again!!! if you look back at all my post you will see I have not had one thing bad to say about anyone on this post. this life is hard enough to get through with all the crap that gets started by people who don.t know the true facts.My self and most of Harpeth parent were trying to restore order and just go home.And I did not get on the field. Just so you know.

Learn to read. I said I don't know who is wrong or who is right, not who started it. I also said I heard that. I'm not taking anything from the kid he's a heck of a player. So re-read what you reply to.