district 11AA

ballbasher30

If you'll read my post completely you'll know that my prediction was for the REGULAR season, NOT the tourney... So it would be impossible for purcell to beat Sycamore twice in the REGULAR season.

Now back to my point. Sycamore will win the SEASON because purcell can't beat them twice because they play back to back days, as does most other series'.

Just to set the record straight for you Boobie, I am not a "Sycamore Guy". I am from Montgomery Central, and I follow the whole district. I only know Sycamore info because a really good friend/co-worker is a parent of a player there.

I even showed your beloved CreekWood some love in saying ya'll would win the tourney.

well i appreciate it dearly bud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> is there some bad blood here or somethin???

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought too.

I heard three harpeth seniors quit this week.

Drew Johnson (ace) was one of them.

Anyone know what's up with that.

from what i hear from that side of the river those kids had attitude problems and under classman had stepped up .. losing three seniors they must be awful young !!??!!

from what i hear from that side of the river those kids had attitude problems and under classman had stepped up .. losing three seniors they must be awful young !!??!!

That would make them extremely young, only boasting one senior and three juniors with a large sophmore and freshman class.

Would that make lefty Nathan Forest, the Ensworth transfer, the ace?

oh wow ben is a good guy... ksgovols whats the down low???

First of all, Ben Howell graduated last year. He's at Lambuth playing ball.

For the rest of them:

Lack of commitment? The rest of the guys have been throwing some and doing off season stuff without these guys. They've been working on fundraising for the baseball program without these guys. They worked on the field without these guys. They started practice without these guys. They weren't getting senior leadership from these guys. Heck, they've been gone for a long time.

Lathan Turner will do a good job as a senior leader when basketball is done and I think Nathan Foriest will step up and be a leader. It's not like he's a new kid in school. He's lived here since elementary school and the guys have known him for years. I think 2 of those seniors were going to have a hard time getting on the field and who knows what's going on with Drew. I hope it works out for all of them. As a team, Harpeth just needs to move on.

The bigger problem is getting 9 players from basketball baseball ready in less than a week.

For the rest of them:

Lack of commitment? The rest of the guys have been throwing some and doing off season stuff without these guys. They've been working on fundraising for the baseball program without these guys. They worked on the field without these guys. They started practice without these guys. They weren't getting senior leadership from these guys. Heck, they've been gone for a long time.

Lathan Turner will do a good job as a senior leader when basketball is done and I think Nathan Foriest will step up and be a leader. It's not like he's a new kid in school. He's lived here since elementary school and the guys have known him for years. I think 2 of those seniors were going to have a hard time getting on the field and who knows what's going on with Drew. I hope it works out for all of them. As a team, Harpeth just needs to move on.

The bigger problem is getting 9 players from basketball baseball ready in less than a week.

just reading looks like creek wood and sycamore are in front and the rest will follow looks like it should be a solid district with everyone having a number 1 .. where is the tourny this year ?? can stewart ride their one pitcher thu the district and waverly do the same ??

just reading looks like creek wood and sycamore are in front and the rest will follow looks like it should be a solid district with everyone having a number 1 .. where is the tourny this year ?? can stewart ride their one pitcher thu the district and waverly do the same ??

I don't think any team can ride one pitcher all year.

I think this is the year where a lot of "unknown" players step up and make a name for themselves.

Speaking of Waverly though, does anyone know how they are doing in scrimmages and practice?

For the rest of them:

sorry homes i meant drew. looks like harpeth will be alot like last years team.

No probs. Yeah. Not much change defensively and a little thin pitching wise. Don't know about the sticks yet. The good thing is they'll get about 10 games in before districts start. There will be more underclassmen playing than upper, but there's some talent there if they keep their heads screwed on right.

Really, the tough thing for last year's senior class other than Andy and this years senior class, is they did a lot more watching than playing. Last years freshmen and this years freshmen are going to get plenty. It's really very similar to the class of 05 and 06 when they were freshmen and sophomores.

Saw P-Roy tonight and he told me that Corey Hale hit a B.P. shot at Columbia State that busted a light in the top row of the standard in left center. That shot prolly would have landed about 480-500 feet away if you've ever seen their field. Corey Hale, the Natural. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

sorry homes i meant drew. looks like harpeth will be alot like last years team.

I don't know how they will look.

They lost their big arm in Drew and their big bats in Ben and Andy graduated.

Harpeth should be strong after this year.

The sophmore and freshman classes are pretty solid.

This will be the last rebuilding year for them.

No probs. Yeah. Not much change defensively and a little thin pitching wise. Don't know about the sticks yet. The good thing is they'll get about 10 games in before districts start. There will be more underclassmen playing than upper, but there's some talent there if they keep their heads screwed on right.

Really, the tough thing for last year's senior class other than Andy and this years senior class, is they did a lot more watching than playing. Last years freshmen and this years freshmen are going to get plenty. It's really very similar to the class of 05 and 06 when they were freshmen and sophomores.

Saw P-Roy tonight and he told me that Corey Hale hit a B.P. shot at Columbia State that busted a light in the top row of the standard in left center. That shot prolly would have landed about 480-500 feet away if you've ever seen their field. Corey Hale, the Natural. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The total distance of the BOMBS that Corey & Chris Hale will hit this season will equal the miles from Columbia to Kingston Springs. Boys can hit.