Did Riverdale cheat?

MIDTN

If the girls parents moved to that school zone and bought a house or rented an apartment and shut off all their utilities at their previous residence they are legal.

If they pay tuition or if their is no tuition and the parents don't move, they must sit out a year to the date.

Coaches cannot provide transportation or living quarters for athletes.

It has already been lost in court, Coaches getting custody. Jefferson County 1982 Cornbread Maxwell (NBA) 6'10 African American was adopted by the JC Boys BB coach. Later in court when he contested the forfeit of freshman FB and varsity BB games. He said he loved the boy. The Judge asked coach if he would love the boy as much if he was 5'5 and white. Still a big laugh among us old timers up here in the boonies.

Let the TSSAA do their research and let nature take it's course.

WOW - Cornbread Maxwell was born in North Carolina in the 1950's, Played at UNC CHARLOTTE in the 70's, and was the N.B.A. Finals M.V.P. in 1981 with the Boston Celtics. I never knew he returned to high school in 1982 to revive his career.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all the people involved so their was no intent to slander someone or put someone down...if that appears that way please let me know where and i will correct that...when it came to the players iwas just refferring to them not living with the coach and how the one of the families came about their decision to come to RIVERDALE

everyone knows who RIVERDALEMAN is so i do post knowing the kids and coaches see it so i do watch what i post as at times i have a kid come up to me and tell me thanks and i have football coaches that dont like me anymore lol I usually tell the kid before i put it on here as they know that I love them so if you let me know where i may have been inappropriate in my previous post like i said let me know and i will edit it

NO, I did not intend to say that you were doing any of that. I think I just the reply button on your post because of your Item #7. It kind of caught my eye. I apologize for letting it appear that way, I should have been more careful.

I know what 99% of the people here would never want to call a kid out publicly. I appreciate the things that you have to say, and I look forward to reading more.

You are good with me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will hang up and listen!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WOW - Cornbread Maxwell was born in North Carolina in the 1950's, Played at UNC CHARLOTTE in the 70's, and was the N.B.A. Finals M.V.P. in 1981 with the Boston Celtics. I never knew he returned to high school in 1982 to revive his career.

He was not 6ft 10 either. Someone is off their medicine. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Is this not what the football team got in trouble for by inviting local middle school students to spring practice?

The devil is in the details. If you want to do something like this I suggest pushing the TSSAA sport person for a letter defining the dos and don'ts. They don't really like to do it, but if you push through your AD you can get it. It gets into how folks are invited, where they are allowed to sit, even what clothes they wear. Nothing that could be considered "work-out apparel". (Tough to do with kids these days) With regard to the food, it deals with type, expense and where it is served from. Pizza and cake is ok, burgers and hot dogs are not. Nothing prepared in a booster concession stand. Best to have drinks out of 2 liter bottles and an ice chest. Essentially, make it appear low rent and you are ok. There was a seperate letter for the open house, and another for senior night. Above all things check with your coach and AD.

With regard to the main subject of this thread, no more comments from me. I have now seen all of the folks involved mentioned by name, sadly including the young ladies. It will be what it will be, and hopefully soon.

I know what 99% of the people here would never want to call a kid out publicly.

I don't think any of us are calling out a child... this is more about the adults involved.

Here's the thing that bothers me.... I am 99% sure that both players have bona fide residences in the proper zone. If that does play out to be the case, then isn't this a simple case of vindictive behavior? A coach's reputation may forever be tarnished by innuendos and insinuations. What should happen to those involved if that is discovered to be the case???? Wait.. let's take it further... if in fact the players were recruited.. is it OK that it was OK until they werent' OK with what they got when they got there? Then suddenly it wasn't OK.. it was UNETHICAL and RULE VIOLATIONS.

I am intentionally being a little sarcastic but let's look at the scenarios that are possible here: (add some if I miss them....)

1. Parents spoke entire truth and school and coach violated rules. Parents were a part of the violation and apparently ok with it until it didn't play out the way they wanted.

2. Parents are uncertain of truth and just want to know. This would require you to believe that they didn't understand the rules associated with the move or didn't know and found out coincidentally right about the time that they decided they didn't like the way their daughter was being treated and felt compelled by their conscience to do the right thing and call out the coach.

3. Parents intentionally cast doubt upon a situation that they fully understood to be innocent and no rules were violated. Like I said before.. I hope some lawyer makes an example of them if this turns out to be the case. People in our society need to start to understand that it is NOT ok to try to trash someone just because you are P.O.'ed.

4. Parents intentionally cast doubt upon a situation that involved minor infractions and thought they could create a nightmare for the coach by allowing these minor infractions to cast doubt upon her entire reputation and appear to be worse to the public eye than they actually were. (Once again minor infractions that they were at one time a part of and supportive of until they didn't like their daugther's place in the system.. and then either suddenly understood they were wrong and came clean, developed a conscience and confessed, or decided to to be vindictive).

A poster earlier asked something like "can we all agree that this coach should be banned from TSSAA if found guilty?" Well, what happens if the coach is vindicated ... what should we all agree to do about the people that started the "rumor"/ "mud-slinging campaign"?

Look guys, your taking your eyes off the ball. None of this "she said she said" crap matters. Did these two families make a "bona fide" move as described by the TSSAA or not. If they did it is over. If they did not it is VERY easy to prove and Riverdale's year is pretty much over. Ronnie Carter can get thier former addresses and put this to rest with a few hours of work. Ownership records are public and utilities are easy to trace. If those parents tried to have thier cake and eat it too, these kids will suffer. Call Cheatham County and ask if that is true. There, the principal, coach, and AD relied on the parents to do the right thing and it bit them all. They rented a "new" house to get a usuable address and keep the old one.

One way or the other, this needs to come to an end for the sake of the players who were already there. NOW!

The girl was NOT kicked off the team. She had a hissy fit and QUIT when she lost her starting position to a better player.

I have to admit y'all are almost as fun to watch as Football fans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Mention R'dale and most already assume we are guilty. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

she didn't have a starting position to start with so I'm trying to figure out the problem??? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

White County just beat Riverdale tonight by a score of 63-32. Outstanding game Warriorettes!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haislip did NOT play. Wouldn't have mattered tonight though.

Depending on how much TSSAA really looks into this, they could find a whole lot of interesting things regarding this situation and the coach. Or it could be swept under the rug.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ--YAWNNNNNNNNN--ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Why please, congrats to postting on Coacht. Being a new poster its obvious. You haven't been on here long enough tio understand the background but since you are going to be a long time poster, the cost of keepiing up and being able to post in all Forums is only $24 a year. It also allows you to post on forums not currently in season. It may even allow you a better understanding without embarrasing yourself. Rudness generally isn't tolerated on this site. But keep posting.