State Wrestling Poll

ghouse

Boys, boys, boys.......

Thanks for the defense, but it's not necessary. In the past 18 years, I've probably travelled this path several dozen times. You're spinning your wheels,.....wasting your time,.....beating your head against the wall,.......

The two sides will never agree. Like Republicans and Democrats or Methodists and Baptists,..everyone thinks that their side holds the truth and they seldom will be converted. And unfortunately yes, there is usually some name calling...

Let it go. (but thanks for the effort...)

-Coach Logsdon

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys, boys, boys.......

Thanks for the defense, but it's not necessary. In the past 18 years, I've probably travelled this path several dozen times. You're spinning your wheels,.....wasting your time,.....beating your head against the wall,.......

The two sides will never agree. Like Republicans and Democrats or Methodists and Baptists,..everyone thinks that their side holds the truth and they seldom will be converted. And unfortunately yes, there is usually some name calling...

Let it go. (but thanks for the effort...)

-Coach Logsdon

But Coach....Ive just finished putting the final touches on one of my best ever responses to Rigger! LOL

But your right....We should just use the internet equivelant of Tivo for these discussions and play it again at this time next year. Looking forward to Thurs. Good luck!

But Coach....Ive just finished putting the final touches on one of my best ever responses to Rigger! LOL

But your right....We should just use the internet equivelant of Tivo for these discussions and play it again at this time next year. Looking forward to Thurs. Good luck!

2@140..........Here you go,

Email me...ct8589@yahoo.com

I have only been around this gripe for 9 years. I don't have a dog in the hunt except I want to see the best for TN Wrestling. I have always been told from 3rd party sources that Bradley didn't wrestle the D-II folks because Legman did not like the way they recruited in the past.

I don't know if that is true or just what I have always been told by others at different tourneys. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

My pastor David Landrith and Jeff Lovinggood are grads of Bradley Central so I don't want to get on their bad side. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will let it go but would like to understand why 2 of the best programs in TN can't meet on a mat and say they really are #1. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rigger, You are probably right the only way it would happen would be if you were to combine DI and DII and it isn't going to happen.

If you did away with the spilt(it ain't gonna happen) I'm sure they would wrestle in the region or state tournaments. The reason it keeps coming up is the spoiled rich private schools aren't getting their way and they know Logsdon could care less what they think.

Wait, how are the "spoiled rich private schools" not getting their way? Only one private school has been mentioned in regards to wrestling Bradley, not any of the others such as Ryan, BA, MBA, and CBHS because, geographically it's not logical. However, when you have two schools that so happen to be ranked #1 and #2 that are located so close to each other, it only seems logical AND GOOD FOR THE SPORT to have them wrestle. And as many have stated (which I don't deny) that Coach Logsdon has done much for our sport in TN and been a great promoter, I don't see why he wouldn't want this match to happen to help the wrestling in our state..

And killer, please keep the "rich private school" comments coming, they are quite entertaining.

Same silly argument. Bradley has wrestled other DII schools. If I am correct, Bradley was at the CBHS duals in 2005 and wrestled CBHS and Father Ryan, so the argument that Bradley does not wrestle DII is faulty. Secondly, it is just a poll. Did it ever occur to the critics out there that there are not as many wrestling schools as their are football and basketball schools? Roughly 130 to, just guessing, 300 or so that play football and basketball. So the poll is combined, it was combined before the split and has continued since the split, big deal. The coaches, DI and DII, take the poll seriously and know what is going on state wide. Many of the coaches have come forward (myself included) and stated that they vote. I am sure that both DI and DII are fairly represented in voting. Believe it or not, their is a great deal of respect among the coaches of the two divisions. The poll is all for fun anyway to get people talking about wrestling, no one get a bogus BCS crystal ball because of the poll like college football, and by this (discussion) and other threads, the poll is working. If you did not combine the polls what would you be talking about? How much Bradley and Baylor were going to beat everyone else in their respective divisions? That would be an exciting discussion. Enjoy the banter and stop the hating. Steve, congrats on the 300 wins. Look forward to seeing you and Coach Henry (among others) at the state indies. Peace!

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Curious. What other sport in the State of Tennessee has public rankings in which teams are ranked together that will not compete against one another for State Championships? I mean, AAA football doesn't get ranked against AAAA football. AA baseball doesn't get ranked against AAAAA baseball. Even our own individual rankings are seperate because those kids will not compete against one another for their State medal. How about other individual sports? Swimming? Tennis? Cross Country? Who invented this and why is it recognized? What is the point?

It seems to me that the only 3 sports that split up the two divisions when they rank them in the paper is....

FOOTBALL

BASKETBALL

BASEBALL

All the other sports divisions get ranked together.

sad but true... but its not just wrestling /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It seems to me that the only 3 sports that split up the two divisions when they rank them in the paper is....

FOOTBALL

BASKETBALL

BASEBALL

All the other sports divisions get ranked together.

sad but true... but its not just wrestling /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

so lets split em shall we.....

DIV I------------------------------------------------------DIV 2

1.BRADLEY------------------------------------------------BAYLOR

2.CLEVELAND---------------------------------------------FATHER RYAN

3.INDEPENDENCE (SORRY BUT THE BEAT BLACKMAN)--------MCCALLIE

4.BLACKMAN----------------------------------------------CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

5.CLARKSVILLE--------------------------------------------BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

6.SODDY DAISY-------------------------------------------MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY

7.SCIENCE HILL-------------------------------------------? DOES IT MATTER

8.WALKER VALLEY (I GIVE YOU PROPS)---------------------? DOES IT MATTER

9.OOLTEWAH----------------------------------------------? DOES IT MATTER

10.GREENBACK--------------------------------------------? DOES IT MATTER

LOOKS GOOD HUH?????? I KNOW THAT IN HOC AND MWR ARE HAPPY TO SEE RYAN MOVE UP 2 MORE SLOTS!!

BUT I THINK MCCALLIE AND CBHS CAN BEAT EM IMHO

Wait, how are the "spoiled rich private schools" not getting their way? Only one private school has been mentioned in regards to wrestling Bradley, not any of the others such as Ryan, BA, MBA, and CBHS because, geographically it's not logical. However, when you have two schools that so happen to be ranked #1 and #2 that are located so close to each other, it only seems logical AND GOOD FOR THE SPORT to have them wrestle. And as many have stated (which I don't deny) that Coach Logsdon has done much for our sport in TN and been a great promoter, I don't see why he wouldn't want this match to happen to help the wrestling in our state..

And killer, please keep the "rich private school" comments coming, they are quite entertaining.

OK I apologize for saying "spoiled rich private school"(I wish I was rich, I'd let you call me rich and spoiled). Everyone keeps talking about 1 & 2 wrestling each other. Has #1 private school Baylor wrestle the #2 private school Father Ryan? From an earlier post it appears they aren't even scheduled to wrestle. I'm sure wrestling fans would love to see that match and I'm sure the gate would be a big one. Why doesn't Baylor wrestle Father Ryan? Are they scared? Do they not care about the sport of wrestling? Etc... These are the same arguments thrown at Bradley year after year. Of course it rediculous to ask these questions to either Bradley or Baylor. Baylor has a great program and their coach makes out the schedule he thinks prepares his wreslters for states just like Bradleys coach.

Rigger, You are probably right the only way it would happen would be if you were to combine DI and DII and it isn't going to happen.

If you did away with the spilt(it ain't gonna happen) I'm sure they would wrestle in the region or state tournaments. The reason it keeps coming up is the spoiled rich private schools aren't getting their way and they know Logsdon could care less what they think.

Killer-

From what I can tell this came up this time because DM was whining about the fact that the poll was not split. I do not think she is a spoiled rich private school supporter.

I just get my copy of the poll on Monday and highlight the Division I teams. My kids figure that out pretty easily and the combination doesn't seem to bother them.

And the bottom end of DI is really hard to figure. After Bradley, Cleveland, and Independence, there are probably a dozen teams who are relatively similar. Circumstances that week such as injuries or who lands where in a bracket or how the kids feel that week can totally shake up that mix. If you brought those teams together on ten different weekends, you would get ten different results. It has been an interesting year trying to figure that out.

And as most coaches will admit, there are some situations where it is in in the best interest of the programs, and especially the kids, for two teams not to wrestle.

I must admit this is one of the most interesting threads in a while.

After all, any time you can stack up the "rich kids" vs the "poverty kids" and add nothing but opinions and inundos.... Its gotta make for some outrageous comments. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Please keep it up. I love to see fur fly /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />