State Wrestling Poll

ghouse

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my limited knowledge of the matter, Bradley continued to wrestle Baylor at least twice a year, once in a dual in January and at the BC Inv in Dec, up until 1999 or so...definitely post-split. And then, in 2000 or 2001 (somewhere around then, not sure), BC wrestled McCallie at the Cleveland duals...not much of match though, McCallie had some sick wrestlers and had several out for the ACT/SAT I believe. So, go ahead and trash that and rip it apart, but there's you a little golden nugget of knowledge to add to the agrument.

Since this thread has stretched to 6 pages plus, I thought it would be helpful to give a discussion summary to this point.

ghouse - puts up latest poll

rigger gives props to a few local teams

Daisy May wants to know why the DI and DII schools are combined into one poll

Texas give props to WV

Rigger agrees

Texas give props to WV (again)

MWR misreads BB's post and makes lame response

Texas defends BB

2at140 defends BB

countrypk says it's all a Logsdon-Killian conspiracy

killer defends BC's scheduling

rigger questions BC's schedule

StarRaider questions the Baylor schedule

Killer makes spoiled rich private school comment

gonavy wants to meet Killer

countrypk wants to meet Coach Logsdon

Killer confesses he's a member of the rock group Queen

bearmen calls out gonavy and MWR

legman tries to calm the crowd

2at140 says he was ready to whip out the heavy guns

rigger gives props to legman

MWR gives props to legman and Killer

papabear defends BC and the poll, calls for a group hug

tnko agrees with Daisy May

tnko does his own split polls

Killer apologizes for "spoiled rich" comment

mtnrasslin says "Whoa"

Artusclimber says his kids are smart

Killer apologizes again (#2)

MVM is eating popcorn

Freestyle wants after season DI-DII match up

Killer apologizes again (#3)

MWR calls Killer ignorant

Taketop agrees with Freestyle. Wants postseason tetherball match

CBG makes usual stupid post defending all things DII

Killer apologizes again (#4)

MVM and Killer kiss and make up

Takedown42 gets out of bed and wonders what is going on

rigger makes a rigger post

Bravo-Does that count as a Rigger Post! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have to admit, after reading BayouBear's Reader's Digest version, and then reading back, it is scarily accurate.

Bravo-Does that count as a Rigger Post! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All of your posts count as "rigger posts", every single last one.

I agree totally........ but just under champions it should say.........................

"The number one financially aided school with all-star wrestlers from 10 different counties and 2 states" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

roflol: /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now thats something to brag about....p.s. you can have your "ball"..............

Haha I love the fact that you think Baylor just gives out scholarships to anyone who wrestles...take a look at there starting line up and see how many of them have had family that went to or wrestled at Baylor before them...103,112,125,140,152,171, all had parents and or brothers that wrestled at Baylor, and 285 has a parent that teaches...119,135,160,189, and 215 have all been at Baylor since the sixth grade...the other starters(130 and 145)are the only borders on the team, and the two are brothers...does not seem like much recruiting to me.

Haha I love the fact that you think Baylor just gives out scholarships to anyone who wrestles...take a look at there starting line up and see how many of them have had family that went to or wrestled at Baylor before them...103,112,125,140,152,171, all had parents and or brothers that wrestled at Baylor, and 285 has a parent that teaches...119,135,160,189, and 215 have all been at Baylor since the sixth grade...the other starters(130 and 145)are the only borders on the team, and the two are brothers...does not seem like much recruiting to me.

Are you saying Baylor doesn't give scholarships?

When they come to to the school is irrelavent. Just because they recruit the kids in middle school means it didn't happen? It just means they scouted the tallent early.

They don't deny giving financial aid. They were allowed a specific number of scholarships by the tssaa before the split. You think they stopped because the restrictions are gone? Don't get me wrong, if I were them I would do the same thing but woudn't pretend it wasn't happening.

If tether ball isn't the answer maybe we could have a game of kick ball to settle this.

Are you saying Baylor doesn't give scholarships?

When they come to to the school is irrelavent. Just because they recruit the kids in middle school means it didn't happen? It just means they scouted the tallent early.

They don't deny giving financial aid. They were allowed a specific number of scholarships by the tssaa before the split. You think they stopped because the restrictions are gone? Don't get me wrong, if I were them I would do the same thing but woudn't pretend it wasn't happening.

If tether ball isn't the answer maybe we could have a game of kick ball to settle this.

Where to start? Oh, never mind. Some levels of ignorance are insurmountable.

Where to start? Oh, never mind. Some levels of ignorance are insurmountable.

Well, Biff, I, too, would like to know the answer to the question that Taketop has proposed.

How does the whole process work and what are the restrictions? There has to be something in place that creates the seperation between DI and DII. Otherwise, it would all still be consolidated into one division.

People always demand to know the rhyme and reason as to why Bradley and Baylor/McCallie don't wrestle and it has been answered, whether people like the answer or not, time and time again, year after year. So, instead of dodging the question by huffing someone off and calling them ignorant, why not answer them as people have demanded of the Bear Nation and any other program that chooses not to wrestle DII schools? Just my opinion.

Well, Biff, I, too, would like to know the answer to the question that Taketop has proposed.

How does the whole process work and what are the restrictions? There has to be something in place that creates the seperation between DI and DII. Otherwise, it would all still be consolidated into one division.

People always demand to know the rhyme and reason as to why Bradley and Baylor/McCallie don't wrestle and it has been answered, whether people like the answer or not, time and time again, year after year. So, instead of dodging the question by huffing someone off and calling them ignorant, why not answer them as people have demanded of the Bear Nation and any other program that chooses not to wrestle DII schools? Just my opinion.

[/quote

Don't know any Biffs, Bubba. As many on the DI side regularly do, your boy Taketop accuses Baylor of cheating without any proof. He is obviously confused about the difference between scholarships and financial aid. That subject is explained and debated Ad nauseam on the Private/Public string. If he really wants an explanation, I'm sure the TSSAA website has it but he probably wouldn't want to be confused with facts. He goes on to accuse Baylor of recruiting without any proof because he has none and will never be able to produce any.

Among the many reasons parents want their sons to go to Baylor is because of the opportunity to get a superior education and and to wrestle for a great high school coaching staff. I assume that's why a lot of parents send their boys to Bradley and in cases have moved to Bradley in order to take advantage of Coach Logsden's talents. In both cases, if you want to call that recruiting, go ahead.

I'm resolved to the fact that Coach Logsden isn't going to allow his team to wrestle Baylor or McCallie. It's his decision. Like most high school wrestling fans on this board I would love to see Bradley wrestle them. It would be good for the sport to have two quality teams in close proximity wrestle in front of thousands of fans. Coach Logsden defenders (and he doesn't need any) in many cases defend his position by insulting and accusing Baylor and McCallie of TSSAA rule violations.

And to the subject at hand. Baylor has the better team this year and the polls agree with me. There's only one way to prove differently and Coach Logsden is going to make sure that doesn't happen. It's his perogative.

Lets be honest here. Almost all of the top teams in our area have benefited from transfers or kids (moving) into another school zone- Bradley, Soddy Daisy, Cleveland, Greenback included. It seems to only irk people or causes their feathers to get ruffled when private schools get kids. WHY? I have children in both, I wish that all of my children could have gotten a private school education but not all would have been able to take advantage of the opportunity. I would like some debate on this, how many times has a coach turned away a good transfer or hardship or move in. I'm not saying any coaches went out and asked for kids but i do have some examples of Red Bank kids transfering to Bradley, Central kid going to Soddy, Cleveland to Greenback etc....where was the outrage and disdain for these programs for getting kids. Do people honestly believe that public schools don't recruit? I'm a fan of all these programs, care about the kids i know on these teams. I've even considered moving to Bradley because of their Coach. I don't hold any animosity towards these programs and i love it when they can go out of town and kick some butt. Why all the hate towards Baylor and McCallie, I'm dirt poor but i'm proud that my son is smart enough to get a great education at McCallie, and there's a lot of great people at Baylor, many I call friends. Lets Debate. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />