Riverdale hoops coach suspended

chs4life

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this situation is not over.

A mere 2 game suspension does not send a strong enough signal for an obvious recruiting violation, in my opinion.

I don't know what punishment fits the crime, nor do I know if its better to penalize the entire program or just the head coach... I don't have those answers.

But I have a feeling there will be 'more to this story'.

IMHO its over from a press coverage standpoint. As it should be. Should there be any other repercussions, I would suppose that they would be taken care of during a review process, and being of the employee - employer relationship nature should remain behind closed doors. Personnaly, I'm glad that my missteps in my younger days in a lead role from a professional standpoint were not splashed across the local and regional papers. I really don't see anything incidious here, nor systemic that should be more than what was handed out. Just my opinion, though.

Edited for spelling

I expect this situation is not over.

A mere 2 game suspension does not send a strong enough signal for an obvious recruiting violation, in my opinion.

I don't know what punishment fits the crime, nor do I know if its better to penalize the entire program or just the head coach... I don't have those answers.

But I have a feeling there will be 'more to this story'.

so a wording issue ina letter to middle school coaches to all of their players instead of zoned players in your opinion merits more than a 2 game suspension in district games...why is that...

its funny on the boys side we lose players all the time to other schools in fact we lost 2 this year and no one says anything about it and yet our coaches send out a letter and put the word "all" in there instead of zoned and we want to make an example out of a coach saying 2 games isnt enough...i respectfully disagree with your opinion

so a wording issue ina letter to middle school coaches to all of their players instead of zoned players in your opinion merits more than a 2 game suspension in district games...why is that...

its funny on the boys side we lose players all the time to other schools in fact we lost 2 this year and no one says anything about it and yet our coaches send out a letter and put the word "all" in there instead of zoned and we want to make an example out of a coach saying 2 games isnt enough...i respectfully disagree with your opinion

I respectfully agree with you Riverdaleman. There are bad people in this world. There are bad things that go on. We have spent too much time already worrying about "all" vs. "all zoned for Riverdale". Goodness. This was a witch hunt from day one. The only respectable thing to do now is recognize it for that and move on to things that deserve and need our time and attention.

They cheated. And got caught.

Coach Maxwell is a great coach and IMO she is not a cheater. I totally agree the witch hunt needs to stop and it seems like she is being attacked becasue she is a great coach. This just needs to go away. Does anyone care how this is affecting the players! As a parent of kids that play sports, this is horrible! I am glad my kids are not going through this and I pray the Riverdale girls dont let this bother them and focus on the game!

Coach Maxwell is a great coach and IMO she is not a cheater. I totally agree the witch hunt needs to stop and it seems like she is being attacked becasue she is a great coach. This just needs to go away. Does anyone care how this is affecting the players! As a parent of kids that play sports, this is horrible! I am glad my kids are not going through this and I pray the Riverdale girls dont let this bother them and focus on the game!

max is a winner in basketball and every other aspect of her life.

max is a winner in basketball and every other aspect of her life.

Sounds like a witch hunt for a parent and this was the only thing they could stick her with. This saves face for the parent, and probably gets some votes for the board member helping push this witch hunt. The coach will take it and learn from it, probably even motivate her and the girls. Nothing worse than a good team with a chip on their shoulder. Punish the many for the few, isn't that in a political handbook book somewhere? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="