Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

Briarcrest is not one of the top teams in Memphis. Maryville got blasted by Memphis Central (a mid tier memphis team) by 30pts in December. Fulton is down this year. I think their their schedule could have been tougher. Their district must be the 3rd toughest in the state behind those two AAA districts in Memphis. I'm not taking anything away from Bearden, but we need to understand that the ship goes through those teams from the mighty West. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here are my top Memphis teams (AAA), in this order:

1) Raleigh Egypt - Although they lost to Craigmont, 2 wks ago, RE still has a better TEAM.

2a) Craigmont

2b) Melrose

2c) White Station

On any given night, either of these top-4 teams could defeat the other one. I do fully expect, however, that R.E will be one of the teams to make it out of Mphs.

----------------------------------------

5) Central

6) Ridgeway

7) Germantown

Central could "upset" one of the top-4, come playoff time. It would not shock me.... RW will NOT defeat any of the top-4. They simply do not shoot the ball well enough, AT ALL, from the perimeter. Their big men are too inconsistent....... Gtwn lacks sufficient depth.

-------------------------------------------------------

Southwind

Kirby

ECS

CBHS

Briarcrest

The margin-of-difference amongst these 3rd-tier teams is razor thin. Flip a coin.

Briarcrest may have 3 D-1 type players but, for some odd reason, they are simply are a notch below last year's D-II Championship team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let me put this in realistic terms for you...

I dont care who or what the west has this year if Bearden plays like they did against Oak Hill or AE there wont be a team that even comes close to touching them... NOT CLOSE now sayin that Bearden is repeditive about chocking come tourney time so we dont know what Bearden team will show up then.

No one can match up size and talent wize this year. i dont believe anybody from the west has a line up where it looks somethin like this 6'5 6'5 6'6 6'7 and 6'10 (the big guy is argumentaly one of the best post players in tennessee after the performance against Oak Hill stand out tiny) 4 out of the 5 players will play D1 basketball and a few gaurds can stick there arm pit in the rim because thats what the west is gonna run across this year against Bearden... maybe even 5 players playin D1 ball correct me if im wrong with the whole west thing??? and o yea these boys are not slow either theyre a fast team so the west is not gonna out run em.

Basketball2223, I fully understand what you're saying about Bearden. They appear to to be a Bona Fide Championship Contender.

CAUTION: It might be wise for you to temper your unbridled enthusiam!

Bearden is gonna have its hands ABSOLUTELY FULL against ANY of these top-4 Mphs teams:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Raleigh Egypt

Melrose

Craigmont

White Station

If I had to guess, I would say that there is about a 85% chance that 2 of these teams will make it out of Mphs.

Bearden's goal this year is not to lose one game to a team from the state of Tennessee....so far, so good. If they can maintain the type of play they had against Oak Hill and Austin East, they won't lose a game to a team from the state of Tennessee. With that said, anything can happen come tournament time. Every team is given a fresh start and whichever team is clicking on all cylinders will bring home the gold ball. I haven't seen any AAA teams outside of East Tennessee, but from years past, teams from Memphis are always gonna bring their "A" game to the Boro....hopefully I will get to watch that 1st hand this year

They will lose to a team in TN..trust me..they dont even compare to the teams out west in any aspect whatsoever. I will say White Station will be your champion this year and bearden will make it to state but lose in first round. Not near talented enough.

Ok let me put this in realistic terms for you...

I dont care who or what the west has this year if Bearden plays like they did against Oak Hill or AE there wont be a team that even comes close to touching them... NOT CLOSE now sayin that Bearden is repeditive about chocking come tourney time so we dont know what Bearden team will show up then.

No one can match up size and talent wize this year. i dont believe anybody from the west has a line up where it looks somethin like this 6'5 6'5 6'6 6'7 and 6'10 (the big guy is argumentaly one of the best post players in tennessee after the performance against Oak Hill stand out tiny) 4 out of the 5 players will play D1 basketball and a few gaurds can stick there arm pit in the rim because thats what the west is gonna run across this year against Bearden... maybe even 5 players playin D1 ball correct me if im wrong with the whole west thing??? and o yea these boys are not slow either theyre a fast team so the west is not gonna out run em.

This is one of the dumbest post of all times. Bearden does NOT have a chance of winning the state. Memphis teams have about 8 or 9 of those guys listed at 6'5 or taller not just 4.... Simpson is not the best big man in the state and will not play D1 ball unless its in a small school like a tennessee tech or something close not to mention cant pass his ACT...Blake Jenkins couldnt start at any school out there......he is not good enough and the team is slow too not fast. I have had the pleasure of watching them play and they are good dont get me wrong the best in East Tennessee by far but they would fall around 5th or 6th out in Memphis. I have had the privilage to watch those teams out in Memphis and they are good teams.

I think its funny how Bearden fans get on here talking about how they played Oak Hill tough. Thats great they are not what they use to be....and how they Beat AE...AE isnt even the best team in their district or region..why brag about that? Bearden is in for a rude awakening when they get to the boro

This is one of the dumbest post of all times. Bearden does NOT have a chance of winning the state. Memphis teams have about 8 or 9 of those guys listed at 6'5 or taller not just 4.... Simpson is not the best big man in the state and will not play D1 ball unless its in a small school like a tennessee tech or something close not to mention cant pass his ACT...Blake Jenkins couldnt start at any school out there......he is not good enough and the team is slow too not fast. I have had the pleasure of watching them play and they are good dont get me wrong the best in East Tennessee by far but they would fall around 5th or 6th out in Memphis. I have had the privilage to watch those teams out in Memphis and they are good teams.

I think its funny how Bearden fans get on here talking about how they played Oak Hill tough. Thats great they are not what they use to be....and how they Beat AE...AE isnt even the best team in their district or region..why brag about that? Bearden is in for a rude awakening when they get to the boro

Your comments make me chuckle /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> !!!!

How many times have you seen Bearden play this year? Bearden's bigs are extremelly athletic as most Memphis teams. The main reason that I feel Bearden will be ready come post season time is their depth. They can go 10 deep and compete with any team in the state. Many people question the coaching strategies of the "BLEV", but 16 out of the last 17 seasons he has won 24 games or more. I would be intrested to see how the teams in West TN would compete with the likes of Oak Hill Academy....i guess we will never know, cause they won't schedule them. If you want to know just how good a team Bearden is, ask Leslie McDonald and his Briarcrest team....I'm just sayin!!!!

Basketball2223, I fully understand what you're saying about Bearden. They appear to to be a Bona Fide Championship Contender.

CAUTION: It might be wise for you to temper your unbridled enthusiam!

Bearden is gonna have its hands ABSOLUTELY FULL against ANY of these top-4 Mphs teams:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Raleigh Egypt

Melrose

Craigmont

White Station

If I had to guess, I would say that there is about a 85% chance that 2 of these teams will make it out of Mphs.

O i know they will probably have theyre hands full because if thats the top 4 teams in memphis and braircrest is 10 then ur probably right... its gonna be a tight run this year.

MARYVILLE WON THE TITLE, WHY CANT BEARDEN???

THIS BEARDEN TEAM IS BETTER THAN THAT "STATE CHAMPION" MARYVILLE TEAM.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT TOP TIER EAST TENNESSEE BBALL CAN COMPETE WITH MEMPHIS AND THE REST OF THE STATE!

This is indeed the beauty of March. Bearden may very well be better than Maryville and they could not even come close to a gold ball. Going into the 07 state tourney, had most people been given the choice of ranking each team, Maryville probably would have been 7th or 8th. Yet, they had the right blend of personnel, luck, oppurtunity and the right coaching. It's not always about if your better than the other guy...............

Please find me that line up where there is 8 or 9 players 6'5 or taller just for my curiosity because thats really hard to believe thats bigger than some small colleges and they may have a big team, but can all 8 9 of them players play good ball. and I HATE BEARDEN (they ruined our undefeated home streak last year last game of season), but ive seen them play and 4 outta the 5 boys could come play with me at utc next year and 3 could probably start down there. Simpson yes he will go mid-major D1 cuz Tiny (a commit to Oklahoma, one of the best posts in the country) couldnt do anything with demonte, demonte went for 25 against him. Im not sure, but i heard demonte makes pretty good grades and his education comes first. Blake Jenkins is probably the third best player on the team and he may be playin at Virginia Tech if that door ever opens back up. So sayin that Parker and Simpson the two best could play about any mid major school.

AE was ranked number one in the state in AA, but theyre not the best team in there district or region and AE was undefeated does that make any sense to you?

i give memphis teams credit, but i think this is taken it a lil too far by sayin the number one team in the state bearden bulldogs would be sixth in memphis.

dont crack on East Tennessee teams if that one school wouldnt have brought in that transfer who dropped 35 last year against Oak Ridge in the state tourney, then Oak Ridge would have more than likely won the state cuz i saw the talent last year from the west and to tell the truth it didnt impress me at all compared to Oak Ridge... sayin that Bearden is a much better team then Oak Ridge was last year. then two years ago in the state when Powell was in it none of the west teams besides ridgeway impressed me and ridgeway got put out first round and i believe a team that got beat by 25 by Powell in the region won the state and they were from the East (maryville) they werent even in the top 4 teams in the east that year and they brought home a gold ball because they went through them lil west teams easy!!! haha

During the state tourney anything is possible. Wide open gym, one game situations everyone always has a chance no matter if they are from East West or Middle when they get to the boro. In the NBA the West has been very dominant recently during the regular season but that doesn't translate to yearly championships...thought I might add that

Please find me that line up where there is 8 or 9 players 6'5 or taller just for my curiosity because thats really hard to believe thats bigger than some small colleges and they may have a big team, but can all 8 9 of them players play good ball. and I HATE BEARDEN (they ruined our undefeated home streak last year last game of season), but ive seen them play and 4 outta the 5 boys could come play with me at utc next year and 3 could probably start down there. Simpson yes he will go mid-major D1 cuz Tiny (a commit to Oklahoma, one of the best posts in the country) couldnt do anything with demonte, demonte went for 25 against him. Im not sure, but i heard demonte makes pretty good grades and his education comes first. Blake Jenkins is probably the third best player on the team and he may be playin at Virginia Tech if that door ever opens back up. So sayin that Parker and Simpson the two best could play about any mid major school.

AE was ranked number one in the state in AA, but theyre not the best team in there district or region and AE was undefeated does that make any sense to you?

i give memphis teams credit, but i think this is taken it a lil too far by sayin the number one team in the state bearden bulldogs would be sixth in memphis.

dont crack on East Tennessee teams if that one school wouldnt have brought in that transfer who dropped 35 last year against Oak Ridge in the state tourney, then Oak Ridge would have more than likely won the state cuz i saw the talent last year from the west and to tell the truth it didnt impress me at all compared to Oak Ridge... sayin that Bearden is a much better team then Oak Ridge was last year. then two years ago in the state when Powell was in it none of the west teams besides ridgeway impressed me and ridgeway got put out first round and i believe a team that got beat by 25 by Powell in the region won the state and they were from the East (maryville) they werent even in the top 4 teams in the east that year and they brought home a gold ball because they went through them lil west teams easy!!! haha

Wow is all i can say with this reponse. You must not have watched Memphis teams very much because all those teams are just as big as Bearden and A LOT more atheltic. Simpson can make good grades but if he doesnt make that certain score on his ACT he isnt going anywhere. I agree he can play at UTC but mid major is the best he will do. Blake Jenkins can be recruited by anyone but doesnt mean he will play. Because he wont there. and they are a below average ACC team. He will not step foot on the floor there. Parker is probably their best player and like to watch him play but he is mid major at best as well. Dont get me wrong they have a lot more talent than anyone around East Tennessee but not even close for the teams out west. and i have watched Bearden play about a dozen times this year. Oak Ridge was better than Bearden last year. They had better team players but they ran into a BIGGER more TALENTED team in White Station who lost to Ridgeway in the finals. Maryville did win it a few years ago but and i quote " Coach Elderidge is a better coach than Blevins". Bearden is deep for now while in East Tennessee but that second five is weak besides the big guy who could start for a lot of schools in ET. I want the East to bring back the title like Fulton did last year but not going to happen in any classifications this year.

AS for AE they are NOT the best team in their district or region. Look they best Fulton twice this yera and do every year but when it comes tournament time they cant beat fulton. That might change this year but until they beat Fulton then NO they are not the best team in the district. Fulton lost twice to them last year during the season and Fulton beat them by i believe 20 in the district finals and by 40 in the region finals. Coach mitchell is a joke over there. Should be winning titles instead losing in district finals and region finals.

Please find me that line up where there is 8 or 9 players 6'5 or taller just for my curiosity because thats really hard

I don't know the web address, but I remember getting on Memphis Melrose's Basketball website and they had several guys in the 6'4'' - 6'8'' range, and most of them were young players... I was really suprised at the height...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />