Ooltewah DE Jacques Smith

Sequatchie

Thanks for the compliment, fsunoles. He's a good kid, good student, and somebody that deserves good things to happen to. I know that Will Jackson and Coach Courtney turned Georgia Tech on to Jacquez and made a late run for him. Very classy on their part and yery appreciated by Jacquez. Good luck to Farragut this coming season.

This is the biggest day in the history of the Ooltewah football program with Sammy Seamster (MTSU) being the Owls' first FBS (1-A) signee and Jacquez being the first SEC commitment. Good day to be an Owl.

I do believe a couple of years ago.... Clark Gaston from Ooltewah went to The University of South Carolina... So I think Jacquez might be the second.

Congrats to Jaq Smith. Everything i have heard about this young man from attitude, grades and playing ability has been 1st class. Still would have liked to seen him were the Central Purple though!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You guys know I am going to give you a hard time bout that but seriously Good luck to a fine young man and I hope all his dream come true!!

• 2 weeks later...