East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

You have got to be kidding me! What could possibly happen next on Hwy 7? There has got to be something big in the works to bring him back to EHMS. You do not leave a high school position with the title he had at Fairview to return to middle school. From what I understand, he and Fairview's new Head Coach are best friends? Why would he leave Fairview? Inquiring minds want to know? Especially since going to Fairview is only 7-8 miles away so the driving distance is not a problem. Maybe Coach Jones asked him to return? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> And the beat goes on in Hickman County............ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe his mama got him in a figure four leg lock........reversed that into a diamond cutter, then brought the pain with her signature move................The Mawmaw Mashdown...........................and he relented!

That old broad brings the pain baby!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe his mama got him in a figure four leg lock........reversed that into a diamond cutter, then brought the pain with her signature move................The Mawmaw Mashdown...........................and he relented!

Actually, I think she had him in the gogoplata and then reversed that in to The Egyptian Testic...Clamp! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> At that point his rebuff or refusal to conform was futile! I just wish someone could come on here and really explain what in the blue Hades is going on at the triangle of Hwy 100 and Hwy 7. It just appears that there are a lot of similarities between them.

CobraKurt,

Did coach Harris not play your son in middle school or something? Wait a min. I bet you don't have a dog in the hunt like everyone else. You just like to state your opinion. An insider told me that coach Harris backed out and came back for a much bigger reason. One he couldn't refuse. Guess we will have to see what happens.

Word out of Fairview today is that Coach Harris has backed out of being the assistant head coach for the Yellowjackets and will return to East Hickman Middle School. What's the deal? Did someone in Eagle country make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

[/quote

A man's actions speak much louder than his words............. be wary of a man who commits to the closest of brothers and breaks his word............ for his words will ring hollow and meaningless to all whom shall hear them........... in accordance with the prophecy!

I thought the Fairview thread was the best "soap opera" going, but this one is competing for No. 1.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I thought the Fairview thread was the best "soap opera" going, but this one is competing for No. 1.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sounds a lot like the Fairview situation all over again, maybe the crazy Hickman County people are gonna use the same approach to oust Coach Jones and give Harris the high school job. Hmm Very Interesting /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Boy am I glad I got out of there when we did..... I knew this was coming. If Jones dont win this year he is gone. Harris would have my vote any day to Coach at the High School. As far as Jones,you cant fix stupid.

Boy am I glad I got out of there when we did.....

Do you have multiple personalities or something?????

I knew this was coming.........

What did you know was coming? A bunch of parents griping and complaining about not winning the gold ball the first two years of a new program?

If Jones dont win this year he is gone.........

After some of the events I am hearing about, why would he or any other good coach want to stay? The expectation from the community is to win, yet I hear folks complaining about too many summer workouts, practices over fall break.......... working the players too hard????? You got to be kidding me!!!! Go check out what any successful program does year round in preparation for a season. In fact go check out Lewis County's thread and how fired up they are about the HARD work their players are putting in. I don't see many parents on this thread praising what the players and coaches at east are doing in order to prepare for the fall.

Harris would have my vote any day to Coach at the High School.........

Sounds to me like he had his chance down the road a bit and backed out, maybe when he saw that successful high school football is a year round sport he wasn't up for the commitment.

As far as Jones,you cant fix stupid.........

I wish my son would have played for a stupid coach, who puts academics, discipline and work ethic in the proper perspective.

I hope that the players and coaches keep working hard to get better in spite of all of those that think they could do it better!

Okay..most of the of what is being said on this site is by people that are not involved in any way with the programs at EHHS...they are only on here trying to stir up stuff. I am and have been involved with bothe the baseball and football program..so I will take the time now to state a few facts for all the curious ones.

Fact: Does Coach Jones always handle things the right way? NO...but who does?

Fact: Does Coach Jones believe that what he he doing at the time is the right way? Yes..

Fact: Does Coach Jones have some things that he needs to change within the program and himself? Yes..remember

He is still learning.

Fact: What did I do when I felt that he had handled something the wrong way? I went straight to him and had a face

to face discussion with him about the issue....I did not sit around on my behind and moan about it to anyone

that would listen.

Fact: Was he respectful and listen to my concerns? Yes is was...and yes he did.

Fact: Did we always agree in the end? No we didn't...but that is okay...I don't always have to be right.

Fact: Do I think he is doing the best that he knows how to do? Yes..I do.

Fact: Do I think he will be the coach this up coming year? Yes I do and I wish all the coaches and all the players the

best of luck.

Fact: Without a winning season people will always be upset! But if you have issues you need to be man enough to

step up and have a meeting with him and be willing to talk about it with him face to face.

Fact: Is he my favorite person. No..and I am sure that I am not his...but I do live in the real world and understand

that he is going to make mistakes just like anyone else..

Fact: People need to move on and stop coming on here and bashing coaches...it is not helping our kids or the

community and if your not part of our community..you really do not know enough to even comment.

Okay..most of the of what is being said on this site is by people that are not involved in any way with the programs at EHHS...they are only on here trying to stir up stuff. I am and have been involved with bothe the baseball and football program..so I will take the time now to state a few facts for all the curious ones.

Fact: Does Coach Jones always handle things the right way? NO...but who does?

Fact: Does Coach Jones believe that what he he doing at the time is the right way? Yes..

Fact: Does Coach Jones have some things that he needs to change within the program and himself? Yes..remember

He is still learning.

Fact: What did I do when I felt that he had handled something the wrong way? I went straight to him and had a face

to face discussion with him about the issue....I did not sit around on my behind and moan about it to anyone

that would listen.

Fact: Was he respectful and listen to my concerns? Yes is was...and yes he did.

Fact: Did we always agree in the end? No we didn't...but that is okay...I don't always have to be right.

Fact: Do I think he is doing the best that he knows how to do? Yes..I do.

Fact: Do I think he will be the coach this up coming year? Yes I do and I wish all the coaches and all the players the

best of luck.

Fact: Without a winning season people will always be upset! But if you have issues you need to be man enough to

step up and have a meeting with him and be willing to talk about it with him face to face.

Fact: Is he my favorite person. No..and I am sure that I am not his...but I do live in the real world and understand

that he is going to make mistakes just like anyone else..

Fact: People need to move on and stop coming on here and bashing coaches...it is not helping our kids or the

community and if your not part of our community..you really do not know enough to even comment.

Fact: With parents doing this its hopless

Opinion: you wasted a good 30 minutes on that post

Usually a coach is hired or recommended by the AD to the school board or if the shool does the hiring then the AD does it through the Principal. Either way the AD has to do with that decision. And I agree that if they are hired then let them coach. Parents should be parents and sit in the stands and let the coach do his job how ever good or bad that may be. They have a hard enough job to have some wish-they-were or wannabe coaches up in the bleachers causing issues. I say if you think you can do better then apply for the job other wise shut your mouth and let them do their jobs. And the thing is how do you know if a guy can coach if you dont let him stay more than a year. That is kind of crazy. To let a guy go after one season. That sounds like something was done on a political level and something was put in a school board members ear. Cause they did win 2 games i think and one of those was a district game. The football team did not win anything so they should have been gone after that too. Not trying to defend the guy just trying to make sense of the coaching and/or what ever is the issue out in East Hickman.

In Hickman County the AD rarely gets a say in these matters much less make a final decision, heck sometimes the AD is the last to know when someone is getting hired or fired...lol....Most of the time the parents have the most say in these matters, they complain enough then something will get done....we have a great system