Springfield Football

ut18vols

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for coach Myers at NW and he is a good coach and springfield is lucky to have him as a head coach it might take a little bit but i bet springfield will be good in a few short years but i bet with myers there they will go and beat on NW since might i say as nice as possible NW does not have the best coach lol but good luck with springfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090408...016/1303/MTCN03

Article on the coach and wanting to encourage the city to support the team, join the QB club, and etc... I think if the city gets behind the team we would see more success, with many losing seasons over the last couple seasons, the crowds really aint that great! Lets get the games back where it is loud again in Springfield. And lets have Springfield football something to talk about!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090408...016/1303/MTCN03

Article on the coach and wanting to encourage the city to support the team, join the QB club, and etc... I think if the city gets behind the team we would see more success, with many losing seasons over the last couple seasons, the crowds really aint that great! Lets get the games back where it is loud again in Springfield. And lets have Springfield football something to talk about!

This is great, I am even more optinmistic after reading this. I know some are sayin 2-3 year turn-around but w/ the athletes they have I wouldnt be suprised to see immediate success in the right hands.....

I also noticed that he has Ken Clemmons as 1 of the assistants which is an excellent move. He played college football and has several years experience coaching DBs. I also know that he really cares about the program and will put his heart and soul into helping turn it around..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Quit talking about yourself. Let the kids do the talking and you do the coaching. Don't toot your own horn. It will be tooted for you if you are good.

Myers doesn't have any reason to toot his own horn...he has plenty of people that will do that for him. Here I'll start: Myers will do just fine at Springfield and will make them very relevant in football in the coming years. What he did with HHS's line this past season was nothing short of phenomenal. I expect to see good things coming out of the Springfield program. Good luck to Myers and Springfield!

I also noticed that he has Ken Clemmons as 1 of the assistants which is an excellent move. He played college football and has several years experience coaching DBs. I also know that he really cares about the program and will put his heart and soul into helping turn it around..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good coach. I had the opportunity to coach a few years with him at Lebanon. He will do a fine job in his home town.

Good coach. I had the opportunity to coach a few years with him at Lebanon. He will do a fine job in his home town. Great hire.