Catholic football

Irish423

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IrishBBall.

Certainly not as close to it all as you. I've heard different, as late as yesterday at the coaches clinic. Pemberton had to do many of the administartive tasks around the football team because the AD was, and is an abject failure in his support of the football team. I heard Pemberton fired both Surlas' for repeated profanity, berating officials, and failing to attend practices for more than 1/2 the season. Further, the AD & Principal failed all the sports programs, as well as the school by mismanaging the reclessification process..big time. Not so much and issue for football, but the others will get waxed which will inpact revenue and enrollment. Due to this failure a distraction was required.

I understand the DC held kids, parents, peers, and superiors accountable. The loud minoriy did not like that, and the fact that the AD and Prinicpal had the axe to grind with Pemberton; the Principal fired the DC right after the state chamiponship game without Pemberton's knowledge, and without giving a reason. I understand that through the due dilligance process, other schools looking at the now fired DC found nothing but outstanding teaching performance evaluations, and a record setting defense.

Pemberton gets offered OR job, Principal agrees to a number of structural things (booster club, assistant coaches, etc), but Pemberton did not want more money, and the DC had plenty of offers on the table and was so upset he was not coming back. Pemberton just wanted the Principal and AD to stop undermining him. Shortly after that, Principal and AD begin underminig the interviewing process for a new DC. These were/are 1st class men and coaches that were looking at Catholic because of Pemberton. Pemberton sees this, interviews, gets offered down in GA. Pemberton asks Principal if what they had agreed to was going to be so. Principal said no, and Pemberton resigned.

See IrishBBall, us coaches are just like a bunch of old gossipy women...in cleats. Do I have it all right? Probably not, but at least 70%. of what I heard is probably true, and that is enough for many to not touch the opportunity with the Principal or AD there.

ruse?

Have you picked up any coaching tips at the clinic or just gossip. It never looks good to come back from one of those things with a blank notebook. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You may be accurate on 50-70% of your info. I can tell you with assuredness that the DC could find no one outside of maybe Pemberton or his momma that would have said anything positive about his teaching accumen. I'd love to know who they talked to that gave any positive classroom information. The Academic Dean has had real problems since Semester 1 and he would not have lasted after that first year if not for Pemberton. I think maybe you fell for a little doo doo diligence. Still a good FB coach.

You are correct about the majority of the other sports programs getting waxed with the reclassification. What could have been done differently short of moving back to the private division?

Have you picked up any coaching tips at the clinic or just gossip. It never looks good to come back from one of those things with a blank notebook. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You may be accurate on 50-70% of your info. I can tell you with assuredness that the DC could find no one outside of maybe Pemberton or his momma that would have said anything positive about his teaching accumen. I'd love to know who they talked to that gave any positive classroom information. The Academic Dean has had real problems since Semester 1 and he would not have lasted after that first year if not for Pemberton. I think maybe you fell for a little doo doo diligence. Still a good FB coach.

You are correct about the majority of the other sports programs getting waxed with the reclassification. What could have been done differently short of moving back to the private division?

IrishBBall.

Nah, no notebook. Good ears though. Well, big anyway. On the doo doo dilligance, most schools will request from the candidate previous teaching evaluations. The HC's, some of which are ADs and or Assistant Principals told me that his were outstanding. Academic Deans usually sign off on those. No? Just a guess here, but it seems to line up with no reason being given for the firing because there wasn't a valid one.

I've talked to a number of college coaches who all felt that when they went to practces there, and saw kids work out, the kids used perfect technique in the weight room and on the field, and that the DC was the guy they worked through.

Bottom line is the DC held people accountable, as did Pemberton, and some didn't like it. They whined to the Principal/AD, and because they had that axe to grind, they took that info at face value, and ran Pemberton and his staff out. Now stop it. What happened, at a 70% accuracy rate is deplorable, and cannot be defended.

Catholic can't go back to DII for four years, and if the "Page" rule goes into effect, Catholic will lose kids at a very quick rate because they will be eligible day 1. What they could have done differently was have not done their "doo doo" dilligance before going to the TSSAA Board of Control meeting back in the fall. We were laughing at that demonstration of ineptitude yesterday.

ruse?

IrishBBall.

Nah, no notebook. Good ears though. Well, big anyway. On the doo doo dilligance, most schools will request from the candidate previous teaching evaluations. The HC's, some of which are ADs and or Assistant Principals told me that his were outstanding. Academic Deans usually sign off on those. No? Just a guess here, but it seems to line up with no reason being given for the firing because there wasn't a valid one.

I've talked to a number of college coaches who all felt that when they went to practces there, and saw kids work out, the kids used perfect technique in the weight room and on the field, and that the DC was the guy they worked through.

Bottom line is the DC held people accountable, as did Pemberton, and some didn't like it. They whined to the Principal/AD, and because they had that axe to grind, they took that info at face value, and ran Pemberton and his staff out. Now stop it. What happened, at a 70% accuracy rate is deplorable, and cannot be defended.

Catholic can't go back to DII for four years, and if the "Page" rule goes into effect, Catholic will lose kids at a very quick rate because they will be eligible day 1. What they could have done differently was have not done their "doo doo" dilligance before going to the TSSAA Board of Control meeting back in the fall. We were laughing at that demonstration of ineptitude yesterday.

ruse?

Curious?? What is the "Page" rule. And what did Catholic do, or fail to do, to be moved to the to the next classification. Was there something that could have been done to prevent the move? Sounds like they were not prepared for the "TSSAA Board of Control" meeting. Who dropped the ball here? Someone who has insight please respond, this is very interesting.

Curious?? What is the "Page" rule. And what did Catholic do, or fail to do, to be moved to the to the next classification. Was there something that could have been done to prevent the move? Sounds like they were not prepared for the "TSSAA Board of Control" meeting. Who dropped the ball here? Someone who has insight please respond, this is very interesting.

They had to move up b/c they are illegally recruiting when they are not suppose to playing in the Public school classification. That is not truly the reason but the fact of geographics is the reason they are playing out west, the illegal recruiting sounds better with kids going to Catholic that parents cant afford it and boosters are offering to pay for the kids to go there is just rediculious and noone is doing anything about it yet!!!

They had to move up b/c they are illegally recruiting when they are not suppose to playing in the Public school classification. That is not truly the reason but the fact of geographics is the reason they are playing out west, the illegal recruiting sounds better with kids going to Catholic that parents cant afford it and boosters are offering to pay for the kids to go there is just rediculious and noone is doing anything about it yet!!!

That sounds like a someone who is jealous of Catholics program. How about a reply from someone who knows something. This person sounds idiotic and clueless.

That sounds like a someone who is jealous of Catholics program. How about a reply from someone who knows something. This person sounds idiotic and clueless.

Catholic built the new wing to the school. Enrollment went up, multiplier kicked in, and we were moved to AAA/5A. Clear cut, plain and simple.

Catholic built the new wing to the school. Enrollment went up, multiplier kicked in, and we were moved to AAA/5A. Clear cut, plain and simple.

Exactly. I don't know how you push that blame back on the AD and/or Principal, unless you "miscount " the number of students. Unfortunately, it just makes us the smallest school in the new classification. I think current enrollment is just over 650 students.

Two seperate issues.

First, preparedness for TSSAA meeteing. When a member of the organization is planning to make a motion at a meeting, the member secures a "2nd" to the motion before going to the meeting. This involves calling a fellow member, explaing the detail of the motion, and requesting that they "2nd" the motion when the first member institution makes the motion at the meeting. This ensures that the motion will be voted on. Catholic essentially motioned to be classified as a private school, playing public with the existing 1.9 multiplier (IMO, fair). The Principal and AD stood up, motioned, and .......nothing. No "2nd", no vote, and now no chance other than football.

Second, Page Rule. This was tabled at the last meeting. This in essence says that because of the economic conditions, a private school kid can transfer out, and into their zoned school without losing any elegibility.

ruse?

Two seperate issues.

First, preparedness for TSSAA meeteing. When a member of the organization is planning to make a motion at a meeting, the member secures a "2nd" to the motion before going to the meeting. This involves calling a fellow member, explaing the detail of the motion, and requesting that they "2nd" the motion when the first member institution makes the motion at the meeting. This ensures that the motion will be voted on. Catholic essentially motioned to be classified as a private school, playing public with the existing 1.9 multiplier (IMO, fair). The Principal and AD stood up, motioned, and .......nothing. No "2nd", no vote, and now no chance other than football.

Second, Page Rule. This was tabled at the last meeting. This in essence says that because of the economic conditions, a private school kid can transfer out, and into their zoned school without losing any elegibility.

ruse?

Thank you. I personally think that Catholic boys will do...OK in the new allignment. I think they'll still be competitive. Where I think it's going to effect them is in girls sports. We have friends in the girls program, and I know there is some concern. The kids want to compete and be competitve. How do you expect a school with enrollment of 650 to be competitive with a school of 2200? As you can see I'm not a big fan of the multiplier.

Sorry guys... another topic for another day. Thanks ruse? for the info.

Thank you. I personally think that Catholic boys will do...OK in the new allignment. I think they'll still be competitive. Where I think it's going to effect them is in girls sports. We have friends in the girls program, and I know there is some concern. The kids want to compete and be competitve. How do you expect a school with enrollment of 650 to be competitive with a school of 2200? As you can see I'm not a big fan of the multiplier.

Sorry guys... another topic for another day. Thanks ruse? for the info.

[/quote/]

Neither are we. However, since the announcement of our move there have been interest from parents and middle schools athletes about coming to Catholic. While watching my daughter's middle school team compete for the county championship, I was amazed at how many kids (boys and girls) were talking about enrolling at Catholic. Much of it had to do with our moving up. Now, how much of that is the truth, we will wait and see in the fall. I do think our boys programs will "stay the course" but the girls program (girls b-ball to be exact) will have their work cut out for them. Since I've been invovled with Catholic basketball our boys team has held it's own with the AAA teams. Since 2000 the Irish have a regular season record of 3-2 vs Farragut, 5-2 vs Powell, 1-0 vs Campbell County, 1-1 with West, 2-1 vs. South-Doyle, 1-1 vs Greeneville, 1-1 vs Sullivan Central, 4-0 vs. Central and 0-1 vs Karns. Before anyone gets on here and goes off, I know those games were non district games and next year there will be a lot more at stake.