josh patton and cameron croy

cmmndalum

I have got to watch josh wrestle a couple of times each year over the last two years. What a treat it has been. If wrestlers want someone to model after, he would be a great one. I am sad for this young man to be 40-0 on the season and ranked nationally by USA wrestling and yet cannot compete. I think he was a shoe in for winning it all this year. I read he DNJ about you going to Navy to play football. Congrads on that too. You don't get into Navy without doing it right off the mat too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeff

i always love to watch josh and jess wrestle, and i know there is another one coming on. sometimes our plan is not GODs'. I know this is easy for me to say, and tremendously harder to for you and the boys (young men) to live through..................... but here goes and remember GOD loves wrestling

God is a safe place to hide

Ready to help when we need Him

We stand fearless on the cliff edge of doom

Courageous in seastorm and earthquake

Before the rush and roar of oceans,

The tremors that shift mountains

The Jacob wrestling GOD fights for us

The God of Angel Armies protects us........PS 46: 1-3

There must be bigger things in the plan.............. to be continued at NAVY.

thanks to you cmmndalum and to maj in the other post for believing the best...i am rarely shocked but certainly was shocked that someone would call in to question josh's "SUPPORT" for the team.

the bottom line is josh is out for the state tournament...while running in our subdivision on janurary 24th to get in better shape for wrestling...he stepped on the edge of the sidewalk and ripped his ankle...a mri revealed he has two ligaments that are completely torn and a bone chip...we have been going to PT every morning for over two weeks, anti inflamatories...cortizone shot and pack...swimming...lifting with the upper body ...all to no avail...he can't walk on it...can't push off on it...has no range of motion...he is done...this injury needs at least 6 weeks to heal and he still may need surgery...

deeply disappointed does not describe what he and i feel...i've always told him that if he is not enough without the gold medal he will never be enough with it...it is time to apply these words...and as his dad...i am very proud of him and he has always been a champion in my book...on and off the mat...his 145-12 record over 4 years is good...but i am most proud of how he won...whether in victory or defeat...he did it with respect and class...he gets this from his mom /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

he was not at clarksville on saturday because we really wanted to keep the injury quite until we knew for sure whether he could wrestle in the state tourney and being up on the ankle all day is not what he needed...it is still very painful and he had PT to do...the coaches knew this and where in full agreement...we would NEVER do anything to not help the team...and never have...

he, like most boys...has gotten way more out of wrestling than we have put into the sport...and for that we will always be grateful...

we are also thankful for coach Kenndey, coach Hamm and coach Harmon...all of them invested deeply into who josh is...and into his wrestling...and other coaches such as coach bray...i have enjoyed the fellowship and conversations over the last few years...and how many of you encouraged josh along the way

and over the last two weeks while were hoped for best...but feared for the worst...tim young...jamie miller...jim croy...mr. jaeckle...and bear cat brown offered much needed encouragement to us...i will miss all of you next year but i will be back in full stride when my little patton hit's 9th grade...

we wish all the 215lbers in the state well...give it all you have and be thankful you can get after it!

i better quit...if i write much more...bear cat brown and cupcake will call me wordy... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PBD /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

To Josh and Family, I have registered today on CoachT just to let you know how sorry we are to hear of your injury. I know if Thomas were sitting here with me now, he would agree that we, as a family, were looking forward to seeing you at State.

You and your dad have given Thomas great encouragement every time you attended tournaments together this year and have had many positive comments about him on this forum.

We wish you a speedy recovery and will be looking to hear great things from you as you persue your football career.

Gerald and Donna Berry

PBD,

I regret reading of you and your sons disappointment. A torn ACL my Sr. yr cost me half a season of footbal and my

entire soccer season. My son was head threw 2 days before district at 8th grade were he broke his collar bone where he was expected to do well. "Life's not fair" is a tough lesson to learn when you've worked so hard to accomplish a goal. It's harder watching your child have to learn the lesson I think. Especially when you're still in the middle of the dust settling. One thing I do know is that God is teaching a "life" lesson for your son's "greater" good that could not have been taught in any other way. My best wishes for your son are a full and speedy recovery. Seek God's life lesson.

Wrestlersdad

it was a little dog that barked...josh looks to his left after hearing the bark...and then right foot hit's edge of sidewalk...gameover...

went to PT that afternoon...then to award ceremony that night

still would not have been at clarksville on saturday...did not want anyone to know

you did call me first...and you are and have been a good friend!

PBD

and...call me now...i just tried to call you at home

somebody needs to kill that darn dawg............ /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The Patton's have done more than " (SUPPORT???) this program, they helped build it.

Last I heard Patton either couldn't walk or needs some help getting around. The last thing he needs to be doing is trying to navigate the Clarksville cave on one wheel.

I had no idea the Pattons help build the program I thought it was the Sharp Shooters who built the program. I think all the parents just have benefited from the program. I have been around wrestling all my life and seems some of the kids need to stink it up and wrestle with pain. You only go to high school one time, I must be old school but when I was hurt or in pain I still wrestled. The coach or my dad could not stop me from getting on the mat. I believe the Patton boy has missed some big tournaments though the years. One I know first hand I was coaching against him in 8th grade. It was the AAU state and he was wrestling in the semi against our kid and was DQ on a bad call ( thanks to the ref ) and he lost. But after it was over he got 3rd but the kid that won challenged him to see who was the real champ . But his coach said he did not want to wrestle, I thought is was big of him to even give Patton a match but he did not want to. I NEVER FORGOT THAT AFTER THIS LONG. I can think of at least 3 times either in the finals or the semi`s he did not wrestle. And yes that is terrible that he is not going to state after all the work he put in. I hope these questions dont offend Josh he is a great kid and wrestler and wish him all the luck and being a Marine the armed services are tuff and we need all the good men, but it is hard and there is no quiting.

I had no idea the Pattons help build the program I thought it was the Sharp Shooters who built the program. I think all the parents just have benefited from the program. I have been around wrestling all my life and seems some of the kids need to stink it up and wrestle with pain. You only go to high school one time, I must be old school but when I was hurt or in pain I still wrestled. The coach or my dad could not stop me from getting on the mat. I believe the Patton boy has missed some big tournaments though the years. One I know first hand I was coaching against him in 8th grade. It was the AAU state and he was wrestling in the semi against our kid and was DQ on a bad call ( thanks to the ref ) and he lost. But after it was over he got 3rd but the kid that won challenged him to see who was the real champ . But his coach said he did not want to wrestle, I thought is was big of him to even give Patton a match but he did not want to. I NEVER FORGOT THAT AFTER THIS LONG. I can think of at least 3 times either in the finals or the semi`s he did not wrestle. And yes that is terrible that he is not going to state after all the work he put in. I hope these questions dont offend Josh he is a great kid and wrestler and wish him all the luck and being a Marine the armed services are tuff and we need all the good men, but it is hard and there is no quiting.

Not sure of the point but if you are saying that Josh is a quitter then I am offended. He may have missed some matches, I don't know about his 8th grade year but I do remember when he won the region as a freshman and had to fight off his back to do it, and I do remember the state tournament last year when he had a 103 degree temp, puking after every match, and finished third. He did everything he could do to try and heal but HE MAY NEED SURGURY... that is not quitting to me. Geez he is undefeated do you not think he wants to finish this season??

I know he wrestled the semifinals and finals of Bradley x2, Soddy x2 Ravenwood Regions x3 and won them all. And that is all I got to say about that.

Not sure of the point but if you are saying that Josh is a quitter then I am offended. He may have missed some matches, I don't know about his 8th grade year but I do remember when he won the region as a freshman and had to fight off his back to do it, and I do remember the state tournament last year when he had a 103 degree temp, puking after every match, and finished third. He did everything he could do to try and heal but HE MAY NEED SURGURY... that is not quitting to me. Geez he is undefeated do you not think he wants to finish this season??

I never said Josh was a quitter thinking maybe the coach or dad but something is wrong there. From what I have seen over the years I would never call him a quitter. There is to much politics in the sport now people worried about what people are saying let the kids answer all the questions on the mat

I know he wrestled the semifinals and finals of Bradley x2, Soddy x2 Ravenwood Regions x3 and won them all. And that is all I got to say about that.

My son has talked to some kids from Blackman they say he is walking around school just thought he could fight through the pain and wrestle on 1 foot and win at 215 this year he is the stud there. He aslo went to a dance I believe Friday night to get an award some things just dont add up

My son has talked to some kids from Blackman they say he is walking around school just thought he could fight through the pain and wrestle on 1 foot and win at 215 this year he is the stud there. He aslo went to a dance I believe Friday night to get an award some things just dont add up

He's walking around school with an orthopedic boot (i.e. a walking cast) on his foot. Read the entire thread. This is a pretty serious injury - torn ligaments and bone chip revealed in an MRI. This is not a matter of a kid not willing to wrestle through pain, this is the matter of an ankle that will not function. If he had a choice he would be on the mat. It's very obvious that you don't know Josh Patton.

Some first post.

Seems like you are really digging deep to throw a little dirt on the Pattons. Josh must have really whipped up on some of your kiddies pretty good. I was at the AAU tournament that made such an impression on you. Worst run tournament in the history of Tennessee and any surrounding state. Last matches ( most only got 3 matches ) were wrestled well after midnight after an 8 am weigh in. Insult to injury, it was also daylight savings time spring forward day so it was another hour later , I left the gym after 2am. Patton and or his coaches used good judgement and did you and your wrestler a big favor by turning down your generous offer. He would have mopped the floor with your kid, he knew it and I suspect you did too. Patton likely didn't want to rain on your parade and detract from the AAU trinket you won. ( were you planning on giving it to him had he wrestled and won ? ) Not sure what goes on between your ears for you to construe this as a character flaw. I suspect the rest of the examples you make reference to where for reasons unknown or unacceptable to you ( if they happened at all ) where Josh didn't wrestle are just as flimsy as the AAU tale. My experiance with Patton is this, he loves the sport and will wrestle anyone anytime if he is physically able. He has the heart of a lion , rarely loses, and is perfect gentleman in victory and defeat. He has had more than his share of tough luck but never complains and just does the best he can, which is pretty darned good.

Most of us in the state think so much of him, even if he were in our kids weight classes and would likely block our chances at a state title, still wish he were able to compete at states.