TSSAA OFFICIALS

BEARCLAW

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Just got home from two good games tonight. 3 officials on the court. One experienced, and the other two fairly new at calling high school ball. All 3 did a good job. All covered where they were supposed to be and helped each other out, as one would expect. No grandstanding, some missed calls, and some bad calls, but that is understandable. Two gentlemen and a lady. Good job tonight "STRIPES". Keep up the good work!

Must have been at Grainger....

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I coach AAU spring thru Summer and start Reffing in the fall with Football inJuly and end in Feb with Basketball so I have the perspective from both sides and must say that the ref side is less hassle but much more mentally taxing. I wish to tell everyone that in no way are we officials perfect and with any job there are good and bad employees but what is most distressing is the fact that the people supervising are usually friends with the officials that are in the waning years and won't quit and the supervisors will not pull them out of respect. I am all for the respect but what I find is they are more worried about how you look than how well you get the calls right. The system tends to work like a union with seniority being the front and center rather than the best being put at the top.

Now Bill I'll agree with that, except I wouldn't call it a union, but a good ole boys network. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Yes, it was, and Grainger won the game. Had Grainger lost, the "take" on the officials would be the same.

Veteran and new officials working together...That's how you build a solid association /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Veteran and new officials working together...That's how you build a solid association /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Some important words there....... working together. That's all anyone can ask is for all three officials to work together. If everyone pays attention to their "zone" on the court, the system works well. But, the other two have a hard time when they have that " third leg" who just shouldn't be there. We saw three good officials "working together" and it made a difference for both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Some important words there....... working together. That's all anyone can ask is for all three officials to work together. If everyone pays attention to their "zone" on the court, the system works well. But, the other two have a hard time when they have that " third leg" who just shouldn't be there. We saw three good officials "working together" and it made a difference for both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

went to sc vs dekalb game and although there were 3 refs there, appalled that NONE of them got the crowd off the floor. One player throwing in the ball got shanked by a fan!!! Now tell me how three refs missed that!!!!!!!!

went to sc vs dekalb game and although there were 3 refs there, appalled that NONE of them got the crowd off the floor. One player throwing in the ball got shanked by a fan!!! Now tell me how three refs missed that!!!!!!!!

The game admin is responsible for the crowd. The refs have enough to worry about on whats going on in-between the lines.

"SHANKED"???? Don't believe the stabbing or "shanking" of a student athlete falls under the duties of a game official. The police should have been involved, and I believe had a student athelete truly been "shanked" during a game it would be national news...Unless shanking means something different where you come from. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Must have been at Grainger....

Couldn't possibly have been another crew, huh?! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm sure there were other crews that did just as well a job that night. Kudos are good, but don't make the other crews in your area think that they didn't have a good game by singling out one crew.

"SHANKED"???? Don't believe the stabbing or "shanking" of a student athlete falls under the duties of a game official. The police should have been involved, and I believe had a student athelete truly been "shanked" during a game it would be national news...Unless shanking means something different where you come from. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ahem (according to jr high- hi) term shanking, is jerking or pulling in a downward motion on the shorts that do not have buttons, but elastic... thanks for the clear up,, that the school officals and not refs should have addressed the problem.... sorry refs, didnt know.. surprised me thats all

Ahem (according to jr high- hi) term shanking, is jerking or pulling in a downward motion on the shorts that do not have buttons, but elastic... thanks for the clear up,, that the school officals and not refs should have addressed the problem.... sorry refs, didnt know.. surprised me thats all

No problem, just having a little fun at your expense. Seriously though, the student who was responsible for the act should probably have been removed from the gymnasium by the game administrator. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What a metaphoric post... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> .. I haven't noticed any of the "third legs" making a stand. I think you meant to post this on the girls basketball thread.

I agree what a great post! The best post i have seen since i been on here! Sure they make bad calls from time to time! But overall they do a great job!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />