Traditional State Venue issue @ UTC

rigger101

Why do the wrestlers have to miss 3 days of school and families 3 days of work just to keep the Traditional State in Chattanooga?

This is the 2nd year that the Tournament is not being allowed to have the Championships on Saturday?

If this is the case why has the Tournament not been changed to another site?

Why are we having UTC dictate TN TSSAA HS Wrestling?

I know the state wrestling powers and tradition is in Chattanooga but we are effecting or sport and families financial welfare to accommodate UTC from what I understand. In this day and time having to miss 3 days of work is hard on families.

Is this the new trend?

I enjoyed it when families could travel to Chattanooga to watch the Championships on Saturday.

If TN HS wrestling is not good enough to be held at UTC on Saturdays then take to some where that wants the added revenue in their community.

IMHO-I think UTC is taking this event for granted!!!!

At this pace get the KY jelly ready because they might send the event back to the little gym at UTC. (Maclellan)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let??™s just look at the biggest event in the state being forced to be held on the weekdays.

It may not affect the folks in the Chattanooga area but it makes it tough for parents, siblings or grandparents from other parts of the state to get there.

IMHO-This great event really needs to be rotated if UTC does not think it worthy of being held on a Saturday and does not consider the strain it puts on wrestling families across the state.

As someone stated on the State Duals in Clarksville. "Our grapplers would like to sleep in their own beds every now and then."

>

How does it not affect folks in the Chattanooga area? It makes it tougher on all wrestling families.

If they really want to help the "Folks in the Chattanooga area" ........ Hold the finals on Friday night, so more working folks can come watch. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Why do the wrestlers have to miss 3 days of school and families 3 days of work just to keep the Traditional State in Chattanooga?

This is the 2nd year that the Tournament is not being allowed to have the Championships on Saturday?

If this is the case why has the Tournament not been changed to another site?

Why are we having UTC dictate TN TSSAA HS Wrestling?

I know the state wrestling powers and tradition is in Chattanooga but we are effecting or sport and families financial welfare to accommodate UTC from what I understand. In this day and time having to miss 3 days of work is hard on families.

Is this the new trend?

I enjoyed it when families could travel to Chattanooga to watch the Championships on Saturday.

If TN HS wrestling is not good enough to be held at UTC on Saturdays then take to some where that wants the added revenue in their community.

IMHO-I think UTC is taking this event for granted!!!!

At this pace get the KY jelly ready because they might send the event back to the little gym at UTC. (Maclellan)

it was 2007 where the TSSAA moved it to WRF instead of RFSat. that was because 'supposedly' ESPN was going to Chattanooga for its Bracketbuster games. which it never came.

>

How does it not affect folks in the Chattanooga area? It makes it tougher on all wrestling families.

If they really want to help the "Folks in the Chattanooga area" ........ Hold the finals on Friday night, so more working folks can come watch. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

All the folks in the Chattanooga area can go to UTC after work or after school. Can't do that from Middle or West TN.

Sorry guys have not had dinner and have to go and find a place in Choo-choo town open this late.

Hope I can get off and go watch State this year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I realize it is hard for everyone to be off work and the kids out of school. Wrestling is not the only sport that holds its championship during the week. Lets not forget TSSAA spring fling. All the spring sports take place in middle tennesse and very few times if any are being dictated by college facilities. They are played Tuesday thru Saturday. Four days of work are missed in many cases.. ie baseball, softball, tennis tournaments... Exam review is missed by many students. If your argument is about moving to another facility because it happens during the week, then you need to think about where "spring fling" would move too. I do respect your thoughts.

CK-Isn't the majority of the Spring fling Championships held on Sat?

What do you think would happen if MTSU said OK we are not going to allow you to have it on Saturday?

I'm sure you would have a few saying what the heck!

I know these events take a lot of locale support and hard work form locale teams to help make it happen.

However, between the Food Nazi's, /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> parking cost and the security at the doors it losing it's appeal to many. You feel like your stuck once you get through the gate. If you leave to go and get something to eat you pay for parking again, and again and again. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Heck at least in Clarksville were not payong for parking and having Buba looking through or bags and treating us like cattle and saying you can't play on Saturday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Understand Chattanooga is my fav city in TN. I enjoyed living there and coming to State every year to watch young men that I have followed in the sport.

Since I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore and don't have to come because one of my grapplers is there. It is becoming a hard sell to come to a event at a facility that you feel does not want you there.

I will be there at least one day if not all 3 but the UTC fac is leaving a sour taste in many folks outside of Choo-choo town because of the way we are treated there.

The folks in the hotels and community are great.

I just wish UTC event folks thought are event was worthy of a Saturday!

CK-Isn't the majority of the Spring fling Championships held on Sat?

Actually, very little of the play occurs on Saturday--just the Division I soccer finals and any softball brackets where the loser's-bracket teams force a second final. (Then again, I suspect they don't really want Saturday events that time of year because of proms.)

Actually, very little of the play occurs on Saturday--just the Division I soccer finals and any softball brackets where the loser's-bracket teams force a second final. (Then again, I suspect they don't really want Saturday events that time of year because of proms.)

Baseball is on Saturday as well, at least last year.