Traditional State Venue issue @ UTC

rigger101

Wow-countrypk you just slapped the SH coach and Memphis! Nice very Nice!

Bring it to MiddleTN. I saw all the crying about the over crowed gym in Clarksville. Between Clarksville, FR, Blackmon, Indy and a few other I'm sure we can keep the seats full. Have you been to a FR Tourney? It's not empty. In the old days Overton and FR had full gyms when they had their big matches.

I lived in all 3 parts of the state and Choo-choo town owns TN wrestling but if you can't get UTC to give us the big show on Saturday Night then rotate it, like they do Spring Fling!

Let Bradley, Baylor, McCallie, Cleveland, SD, Ooltewah and a few other sleep in a crappy bed and have fast food every day for for a change? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Spread the wealth and make the whole state strong not just the Chattanooga area. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rigger, there are times when you make some valids points but other times..........Well.... I'll leave you a few questions to answer.

1) Has sleeping in a strange bed in Clarksville effected Bradley in a negative way at the State Duals?

2) What does "us" mean when you used it in the following quote? "...if you can't get UTC to give us..."

2) What in the world does, "Spread the wealth and make the whole state strong not just the Chattanooga..." mean?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> LOL...I was waiting for the Bear to come out of hybernation on this one with a roar! He didnt dissappoint me.

While your at it ask if the attendence can support it at other venues.

Great Points now how do we make it happen?

Make a business man (not an educator) the executive director of the TSSAA while also cleaning house with the Board of Control. Most educators have very little experience running a business/organization (they just don't have the experience) and with today's economic climate you need to have a sharp staff that is able to operate very lean and mean.

Sleep in better hotels and get off the crappy beds and stay out of Wendy's and go to a restaurant.

I know that when I was in high school,,,,,going to an out of town match was fun and we never, ever complained about not being in our beds.

Tex, Thats because you went to Bradley, normally slept in a barn, and only got to ride in a moterized vehicle if it was a Tractor or a school bus on a road trip. Todays kids get to do that all the time.

Rigger, there are times when you make some valids points but other times..........Well.... I'll leave you a few questions to answer.

1) Has sleeping in a strange bed in Clarksville effected Bradley in a negative way at the State Duals?

2) What does "us" mean when you used it in the following quote? "...if you can't get UTC to give us..."

2) What in the world does, "Spread the wealth and make the whole state strong not just the Chattanooga..." mean?

1, You know the answer!

2. Us means TSSAA Wrestling grapplers,and the famlies that support them.

3. Let the other parts of the states and the teams affiliated with the venue make the bucks that the State Tourney brings in and the press and notoriety it receives.

Most teams travel through the season, if you rotate the venue like they do in Spring Fling then every team travels every couple of years.

Tex, Thats because you went to Bradley, normally slept in a barn, and only got to ride in a moterized vehicle if it was a Tractor or a school bus on a road trip. Todays kids get to do that all the time.

LOL....yeah,,,,I lived within walking distance of your house and I had a tractor.....

If I remember correctly,,,,your house might as well have been in Bradley's back yard.......

Sleep in better hotels and get off the crappy beds and stay out of Wendy's and go to a restaurant.

I know that when I was in high school,,,,,going to an out of town match was fun and we never, ever complained about not being in our beds.

Bet you never stayed in the Alamo Plaza Motel on Murfreesboro Rd. in N'ville. I think our coach got some kind of kickback. I think the city eventually condemned it when even the prostitutes started complaining about the place.

Yes thats true but I wouldn't go to Bradley because I knew that one day they would refuse to Schedule Baylor.

dang.....you are good. So since you sent your kids there knowing this,,,,,,,are you trying to duck them? LOL /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Bet you never stayed in the Alamo Plaza Motel on Murfreesboro Rd. in N'ville. I think our coach got some kind of kickback. I think the city eventually condemned it when even the prostitutes started complaining about the place.

I obviously do not run in the same circles you do. I believe you.

1, You know the answer!

2. Us means TSSAA Wrestling grapplers,and the famlies that support them.

3. Let the other parts of the states and the teams affiliated with the venue make the bucks that the State Tourney brings in and the press and notoriety it receives.

Most teams travel through the season, if you rotate the venue like they do in Spring Fling then every team travels every couple of years.

1) You are correct, I do know the answer to #1. Traveling has never effected Bradley. We've been all over and not one time can I point to a team or individual loss and say for certain it was because we were on the road. Why? Being prepared and organized. Wrestlers know what they need to do in regard to eating correctly, getting enough rest and being ready to wrestle when the whistle blows.

I want to make sure you understand my point. There is a huge difference in "sleeping in your own bed" and wrestling in your own gym. If the Traditional State was in Bradley's gym, then I would agree with you. But there's a huge difference in wrestling in your gym and sleeping in your own bed.

2) Be careful when you use the word "us" because you may offend some of "us". Being an active contributor to CoachT during wrestling season does not make a person one of "us". Many of "us" are fully invested in this sport. There is not a wrestling season. It's year around. We buy the magazines, travel to tournaments, sit on bad bleachers all day for the chance to witness one match between two wrestlers most have never heard of. There's freestyle and then summer wrestling and camps. We donate our time whenever called upon and we donate our money to any wrestling cause. I hope you are one of "us". There's not enough of "us" around.

3) The only word I can come up with to describe your response is....preposterous. What money do you think is made by the locals and where do you think that money goes? The UTC Old Timers Club makes a little money from the concessions and that money helps fund UTC wrestling. Can you think of a better use for the money? Soddy makes a little money from the hospitality room but in return they move mats, provide table workers and perform numerous other tasks.

Do you understand it takes hundreds of workers and volunteers to put this tournament on? Organizing people, concessions, security, table workers, folks at the head table, maintenance, janitorial, mat movers, hospitality workers, and on and on. The people that do this don't do it for the money. It's because of the love they have for their community, the sport, their team and the kids.

The Tournament does generate money for Chattanooga but re-read the paragraph above. It is well earned

I'll leave you with this....If you take the mileage between the center of each of the 8 new regions to the center of each region you will find there is about a 20 mile difference in between Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville. For those that keep saying move it to the center of the state....Check a map. There's a gallon of gas difference (on average) between Chattanooga and Murfreesboro.

Bear I guess you have never heard of North and South there is a big differance between being in the middle of the state and being nearly in GA.When was the last time you attended a poorly ran tourny in Murfreesboro? Blackman holds several tournys a year that are larger than the state duals and do an outstanding job.If Chatt. isn't making any money on the State tourny believe me they are doing something wrong.Living in Murfreesboro, I can tell you it takes way more than a gallon of gas to get to Chatt. or Clarksville. There are alot of "US" that don't appreciate the date change at UTC for the state tourny and would enjoy going to other venues to see it.Changing venues each year would make it a fresher experiance for the boys that go multiple times.