Parents vs Children

Justus

Again Children vs. adults.

They Hendersonville parents and Grandparents took care of the problem. That's why it didn't happen again that I know of.

It's like the Payton Manning commercials. If they don't like you, don't take it personal. Your the big dog in Middle TN of course they going to cheer against you after hearing you scream in their ear's for 2 days.

Which side are you falling on? wrestlingadvocate-Adult or Child?

If you don't understand the difference in judgment between an adult and a child than I guess you are the type that called the kids names.

I think the majority of those kids were freshmen and little brothers.

Also I understand that they had had their ears busted for two days by the whistle from he ll and the out of control screaming from a few FR parents. Could they have got up and moved. Yes but again children.

I guess they are lucky and didn't have an Irish Mom try to slap them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah that's classy.

I watched our young team cheer for MTJ, Smyrna and a few other teams and wrestlers they like.

I'm sorry they don't know the history of the Irish and their wrestling program. I have been around the Irish programs most of my life and have been one of the one's cheering your teams to victory since the late 60's.

IMHO-Thur you had some Irish Fans step over the line and forgot what they are suppose to stand for.

Who ever the parent's/Adult are that lost it need to review your FR School site. What I witnessed was not helping FR students to become future leaders or how to live the Gospel.

Good Luck and you are the best we have in Middle TN!

If you think that was correct way for an adult to act then there is no hope for U!

I don't think wrestling advocate was choosing either the adult or child side. Just pointing out the inequties in what is expected between the two teams...

However, it seems that you and others do not think that apologies go both ways or that parents should be held responsible for their children if they are children that are with your team.

So what is your school moto and code of conduct .." We will not hold our children responsible for nor apologize for their actions because they are children and we are not a Christian school and they allowed to act like heathens at their own descretion because they are children?".

Not exactly my point of view because I have been a supporter of your program for years, however, it is how your post comes across.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope they lock this one. I'm debating children I think.

I tried to take the middle ground but someone over at FR does not get it.

However, there is a ton of class there and I will still pull for the Irish unless someone is screaming in my ear! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Great win Irish Family and I wish you more. I have too many family members from the Irish clan and too much time at Irish events to not want the best for the Irish.

I was recently at a Leaders Conf in Nashville. I had an older gentlemen I was talking to tell me a Catholic joke.

I asked him where he graduated from HS. He said FR. I asked him If he knew any of my mother's family and he said yes and stated "one of my uncles was one of the best football players he had ever played for the Irish."

Yes, I'm sure it was an overstatement but it did make me proud. Heck out of my Uncles I didn??™t even know he played football. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I knew about my younger uncles but not this one.

So IMHO and others it was out of line Thursday. If you think different than you are not part of the Irish Family I remember or living by your schools guidelines!

I don't think wrestling advocate was choosing either the adult or child side. Just pointing out the inequties in what is expected between the two teams...

However, it seems that you and others do not think that apologies go both ways or that parents should be held responsible for their children if they are children that are with your team.

So what is your school moto and code of conduct .." We will not hold our children responsible for nor apologize for their actions because they are children and we are not a Christian school and they allowed to act like heathens at their own descretion because they are children?".

Not exactly my point of view because I have been a supporter of your program for years, however, it is how your post comes across.

Matmax-- I don't have a dog in the fight anymore. I was just sitting there between 2 teams I respect.

If it had been my child, I would had said something to him and then talked to the FR loudmouth who was talking trash to kids.

I just expected better from the Irish Adults at that moment. You have great parents, grapplers and coaches on that team. Just a few adults who are making the group look bad.

If our parents had been in the wrong, I don??™t think we would have had FR adults coming to different Commando parents on the team making apologies.

Take it for what it's worth.

I witnessed some FR parents trying to police their ranks this week. They

know what was said. Comments like....."Where are you from?" followed by

"I figured as much" were dished out to people who cheered for different

teams.

I admit that I yell alot, but I don't verbally attack other supporters, refs, coaches,

and wrestlers. Maybe they will think twice next time?

Only for guys assigned to Victory Dr,,,stationed at Little Richard's,,,no I got that all wrong,,,,it's where you spend your combat pay!

CC

Cuppy, Rigger, Texas 23 and RMC:

Everyone knows that you get combat pay while being stationed in Columbus ,Georgia. You are within 60MM range of Phenix City, Alabama, which places you in a combat zone, and are subject to live fire while on "night patrols" across the river and into the "central core"of that fine town.

I would just like to say i had the misfortune of sitting next to father ryan fans during the finals and what a mistake that was. The siblings, parents, and even grandparents are simply ruthless animals. Not only are they extremely obnoxious they are some of the most unsportsmanlike fans i have ever seen. Even drunk kids at a highschool football game arent as bad. The jeers and comments i heard from every kind of person was just appalling that someone could be so inhuman about a sport as if it were a matter of life and death.

I suggest next year Baylor and Father Ryan dont compete in the State Tournament and have their own dual meet for the sake of everyone else.

haha wow. ya that was "appaling" and "inhuman". im glad the irish got under your skin because you deserve it. this is wrestling people not girls ballet.

and yeah lets kick the two best teams out of the state tournament. lets give the other teams a chance next year. that would sure raise attendance

note the sarcasm...

Well I hope they lock this one. I'm debating children I think.

I tried to take the middle ground but someone over at FR does not get it.

However, there is a ton of class there and I will still pull for the Irish unless someone is screaming in my ear! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Great win Irish Family and I wish you more. I have too many family members from the Irish clan and too much time at Irish events to not want the best for the Irish.

I was recently at a Leaders Conf in Nashville. I had an older gentlemen I was talking to tell me a Catholic joke.

I asked him where he graduated from HS. He said FR. I asked him If he knew any of my mother's family and he said yes and stated "one of my uncles was one of the best football players he had ever played for the Irish."

Yes, I'm sure it was an overstatement but it did make me proud. Heck out of my Uncles I didn??™t even know he played football. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I knew about my younger uncles but not this one.

So IMHO and others it was out of line Thursday. If you think different than you are not part of the Irish Family I remember or living by your schools guidelines!

You know rigger, it confuses me how you continuely wish the IRISH family and wrestlers good blessings and say you have so many family members from Ryan, yet on the very next post you bad mouth them along with so many others by saying we aren't abiding by our guidelines(???) and values?! Just curious, but how would you know what our values and guidelines are sir, because I assure you, you are NOT apart of the Ryan family. So although I appreciated your congratulations at first, your two-faced posts have now made them into nothing.

You know, It's sad that just because Ryan is a storied program, they get completely trashed when some of their fans overreact during matches, yet EVERY team has fans that will lose their cool (even Hendersonville parents and don't say they haven't because i've sat right next to them at Ryan tournaments and listened to it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ), because as we all know wrestling is the most intense and exciting sport. For example, Baylor's fans boo a FRESHMAN KID for puking in a trash can during the finals, but I don't see any uproar over that?? The booing and nonsense happens in EVERY fan section for EVERY freaking team, DI or DII, so for God's sake you people get over yourselves and shut up about it, it's simply ridiculous.

ANYWAYS, I think after the many, many posts you have written clearly contradicting yourself, you can keep your blessings and well-wishes for the Ryan family and wrestlers to yourself because once again, your not a part of the Ryan faithful and never will be. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are U joking are U 4 real?

My biggest gripe is hearing stalling screams 30 scds into the match. I wanted to stuff a sock in 1 man's mouth.

How stuped!

However, it was nice to see the top hardware leave the Chattanooga Area back to Nashville area. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

BTW-Irish Dad you would be the calm collective parent compared to this group.

That's including the time your son was pinned atCH in the final scds.

Sorry had to get your attention.

When U going to have another one on the mat?

I'm thinking of adoption just to get another one on the mat! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Rigger It is nice to see you in type, you are one of the few voices of reason on this message board. You sir are truly one of the good ones. Texas 23 it is also rewarding to know that you IQ is still the same as your log in name. It may interest you to know that the young wrestler that you feel I stole a match from turns out okay. He is Captian of the wrestling squad at West Point. He and I are way past that day. I wish a small minded person such as your self could move on. Good luck with that maybe some Dr Phil or Oprah could help you.

Funny this whole thread cannot hold a candle to the threads that portrayed McCallie and Baylor as the worst sports in TN. That was some fun.

I would not have even been back on the T, but for the desire to rile up all the IRISH HATERS with yet another IRISH state championship.

Good night all until we win the next State Duals and Team Championships and what ever Championship we are in the Irishdad is out!

Rigger It is nice to see you in type, you are one of the few voices of reason on this message board. You sir are truly one of the good ones. Texas 23 it is also rewarding to know that you IQ is still the same as your log in name. It may interest you to know that the young wrestler that you feel I stole a match from turns out okay. He is Captian of the wrestling squad at West Point. He and I are way past that day. I wish a small minded person such as your self could move on. Good luck with that maybe some Dr Phil or Oprah could help you.

Funny this whole thread cannot hold a candle to the threads that portrayed McCallie and Baylor as the worst sports in TN. That was some fun.

I would not have even been back on the T, but for the desire to rile up all the IRISH HATERS with yet another IRISH state championship.

Good night all until we win the next State Duals and Team Championships and what ever Championship we are in the Irishdad is out!

Irishdad,

thank you for responding so quickly, I can now collect the pool of money that was riding on the premise that you would respond before the end of the day and try to be clever.

The others did not think you would fall for such a simple comment as your lack of clock skills. But I had faith in you. You did not disappoint.

Thanks for just being you.

Irishdad,

thank you for responding so quickly, I can now collect the pool of money that was riding on the premise that you would respond before the end of the day and try to be clever.

The others did not think you would fall for such a simple comment as your lack of clock skills. But I had faith in you. You did not disappoint.

Thanks for just being you.

It is also good to know that the 23 still stands for your high water mark IQ wise. Plus I am always clever, resourceful, witty, handsome just to name a few. . Hopefully that money I helped you win can help with the whole Oprah Dr Phil thing. Plus unlike the Great State of Texas I really never disappoint. I like how you are using big words now i.e premise, that Readers digest increase your word power is paying off. On dang it I hope I didnt sound like an IRISH fan being mean to someone less fortunate...So now your little forum is all yours again.

GOD BLESS THE IRISH AND TEXANS WHO PREFER LIVING IN THE GREAT STATE OF TENNESSEE.

Irishdad-

Welcome back. No kidding.

If you remember, we had some conversations on this venerable board a few years ago. In fact, you may have thought I was an IRISH HATER though that was not really the case. After all, y'all aren't the EBE. In fact, one of your wrestlers, who was and is a fine young man, of whom you were very supportive, made my son a better wrestler by beating him a few times, including twice in the state finals. With that said, I find myself on the side of the Irish on this issue. Perhaps some of these folks may want to lighten up. After all, this is wrestling.

I must disagree with one comment you make however. We Baylor folks used to get beat up pretty bad on our behavior but the intensity of the whining against the Irish faithful is at least as strong as the whining against us in the past.

Congratulations to the Irish on a great tournament.

Irishdad-

Welcome back. No kidding.

If you remember, we had some conversations on this venerable board a few years ago. In fact, you may have thought I was an IRISH HATER though that was not really the case. In fact, one of your wrestlers, who was and is a fine young man, of whom you were very supportive, made my son a better wrestler by beating him a few times, including twice in the state finals. With that said, I find myself on the side of the Irish on this issue. Perhaps some of these folks may want to lighten up. After all, this is wrestling.

I must disagree with one comment you make however. We Baylor folks used to get beat up pretty bad on our behavior but the intensity of the whining against the Irish faithful is at least as strong as the whining against us in the past.

Congratulations to the Irish on a great tournament.

Dear MTN,

I never had you pegged as a Hater. I was completely unaware of that certain wrestler competing with your son. If it helped great, good atheletes learn from defeat it makes them stronger. My son benefited from great teamates, and coaches most named Simpson or Dunning.

Yes lighten up, maybe they shoukd attend some college matches. Then they would really see some fans of the sport "out of line".

Heck yeah you guys got brusied on this forum. It was a great debate a few years ago, but I always put McCallie ahead of you in that category. It is likely that the whiners kids were shown how roof of the gym looks by a wrestler and just don't know how to take a loss. Man up either grow from defeat or go home.

So best to you and yours I am going back to the real world.