Greenville forfeits for in school incident

DZbettin

The Greeneville suspensions also included two male basketball players, who sat out tonight's game vs Jeff. Jeff won in a 4 overtime thriller....

Also, in case you were wondering, I was told that the Jeff/West game is still going to happen at 7:30 tomorrow night. If any of you who are involved with a West or Jeff player hear different, please let us know!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greeneville suspensions also included two male basketball players, who sat out tonight's game vs Jeff. Jeff won in a 4 overtime thriller....

Also, in case you were wondering, I was told that the Jeff/West game is still going to happen at 7:30 tomorrow night. If any of you who are involved with a West or Jeff player hear different, please let us know!!!

Ray...

West/Jeff still set for 7:30 p.m. tomorrow.

Would not be right to change the time of a published game because Greeneville knew what was to come. If you can't get attention for playing, use drama. Poor choice by admin. This might be my first year around this as a parent, but you cheated a bunch of people that were not responsible or accountable just to show your POWER. It's not about you! By the way Ms. Smith, whole is spelled whole, not hole, have Kellie check it.

I have been calling them the "Drama Devils" all season. It is a shame that they unraveled now, but when you are wound too tight, something has to give. Greeneville may need to take a tough look at it's program from top to bottom in the off season. Something just is not right.

Sorry, not in this case. Even though we have had our share of drama, injuries and setbacks this year, this particular situation was just two stupid JV girls going at it about a personal, non-basketball related, ridiculously dumb non-issue. (can you sense my disgust???) The problem for the administration is that the varsity girls let them go at it too long. I hate to see the Varsity girls punished for the immature actions of a couple members of the JV squad but the new adminstration at GHS runs a tight ship. She cleaned up GMS when she was there and she is not going to take ANY crap at the high school either.

Sorry, not in this case. Even though we have had our share of drama, injuries and setbacks this year, this particular situation was just two stupid JV girls going at it about a personal, non-basketball related, ridiculously dumb non-issue. (can you sense my disgust???) The problem for the administration is that the varsity girls let them go at it too long. I hate to see the Varsity girls punished for the immature actions of a couple members of the JV squad but the new adminstration at GHS runs a tight ship. She cleaned up GMS when she was there and she is not going to take ANY crap at the high school either.

That IS why they call it a TEAM! You win as a team, you lose as a team, and you are punished as a team. These girls can pull together and rally to finish the season on a positive note or they can point fingers and blame others and completely fall apart. Sounds like the new administration is doing a good job.

When othe fights occur in the building (hallways, bathrooms, PE locker rooms) those observers are not punished for not breaking it up or telling a teacher. Greeneville should fill obligated and filled a team of no fight particiapants for the game tonight. This forfeit dicision not only effects the district but also the region and possibly the sub state. Poor dicision, it envoles too many teams to just not show.

I totally agree with everyone thinking this is a stupid punishment for everyone! If you look back at the inccedent that involved two football players fighting back in the spring you will see that everyone watching was not punished!! Here we are with some basketball players just watching like that football players where and they all get punished! This is just a middle school discipline mentality! Greeneville is always about what we look like to others that see us! I wish we would get rid of this arrogance. It was a disgrace to the boys team that their two best players had to suffer for just spectating!

Coach17 I think you are an outsider that is not really seeing the whole picture. Teams have down years and difficult years. Just because this has been a tough year does not mean that stuff is bad with the program. Coach Blair was there forever and had terrible years. He never won till the last 5 years of his career so whats the big problem now? The coaches we have are three of the finest in the state!

Greeneville must get focused to have a chance. I believe that they are down but not out. Lets see how they respond! Fans please support our team and rally them on.

To join the fray . . .

I will personally support, stand by and encourage any administration that establishes and enforces any rules, boundaries and common decency. Harsh - without a doubt. I will add, I know only part of the story, that is, if what I read here is true. I suspect that the whole school got the message, though didn't basically the same thing happen to the G'ville QB?!?! If so, then maybe it is not as harsh - but I am from the outside and know very little. That kind discipline is greatly needed at CCHS. I am sorry for Nicole and any other senior (and Coach Duncan and the Sr. boys) b/c they will pay the biggest price - no way to play for a district championship. I will say, since last summer when I watched Mo West scrimmage and definitely since they beat us the first time, I sensed that our season would really be decided in one big game - tonight's game against G'ville. Our girls, while not playing well of late, were anticipating this game. I'm sorry it won't happen, it would have been a great game in a great atmosphere - not sure about how high the level of basketball it would have been - but it would have been a great game.

I hope that the GHS administration will go one step further and make a major financial contribution from their athletic fund to the IMAC. The loss of the CCHS/GHS game is a financial blow to the conference b/c those two teams travel the best.

G'ville seasons is far from over, especially with DB out of the picture. On the road at SC or SE or home to TN or SH? As someone earlier posted, maybe a 3 seed is better than 2 - BUT you still have to play the games. Which lead me to . . . .

An open letter to Jeff Co.

Tonight you have an opportunity that very few in our state will have and very very few have in their entire high school career. You have the opportunity to play in a game that matters in the tournament against the #1 rated team in the state on your home court.

Two years ago, G'ville, rated by AP as No 1, came to the Hen House for a semifinal district game against the Lady Red. We were a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. The house was rockin and we had the lead in the 4th q, then G'ville showed why they were No. 1 and drained some big shots. We lost by 1 with a shot at the end and didn't get that call at the end. Amazingly, after that loss, we were actually rated No 10 the next week. That game in the evolution of this team is a big marker - we realized that we could be very good - we have won 42 games since that night.

Jeff - tonight is your night. Mo. West is heavily favored in our district, will battle TN High for a region title and battle Oak Ridge for the best in East Tennessee. But tonight, on your court is your night. Go watch your movie of choice Miracle on Ice, Remember the Titans. If back to back 3's will fall in the last 20 seconds, then why not tonight!

I disagree when you place all the blame on the two "stupid"(quoted from your post) JV girls. As varsity players, for one they should never stood back and let the situation escalate into a fight. True leaders wouldn't have been immature themselves and let the argument turn physical. But come on, to be so stupid as to video it and put it on the internet!!!!! That's just crazy......... So let's not jump the gun and point ALL the blame on the two JV girls. Everyone is responsible. (even the two boys players).....