Greenville forfeits for in school incident

DZbettin

How many teenagers wouldn't stand there and watch a fight. For that matter how many adults wouldn't watch two adults in a fight. I unerstand we are all supposed to be better than that and they should be better because they are athletes and where was their leadership, I understand all of that, but at the same time they are highschool kids. They are going to do dumb things, I know I did. I am not saying they shouldn't be punished, I am just not sure that the punishment fits the crime. The boy's season in over. A senior will never put on a jersey again and the girls will now most likely be in West bracket in Region and have a far less chance of making a playoff run. Pretty harsh if you ask me. Funny how the whole football team didn't get suspended for watching and taping a fight in their lockerroom.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When othe fights occur in the building (hallways, bathrooms, PE locker rooms) those observers are not punished for not breaking it up or telling a teacher. Greeneville should fill obligated and filled a team of no fight particiapants for the game tonight. This forfeit dicision not only effects the district but also the region and possibly the sub state. Poor dicision, it envoles too many teams to just not show.

I'm afraid the fight didn't just "occur" or break out. From what I understand, it was known by some before-hand and set up to be sensationalized. (this is where some of the boys were involved) There were plenty of opportunities for someone to tell a coach or teacher. (I agree with dick [for once /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ], I should not have said that the JV girls were stupid - all the students involved were behaving stupidly)

The administration is right and doing a good job nipping that kind of behavior in the bud. And yes, a similar incident did happen with a couple of football players last Spring and the team was not punished, just the individuals but that was under the previous administration.

But, I understand what you are saying about the ramifications on the tournament and beyond. Although I am positive that never entered in to the administration's thinking. The principal is all about what is right and builds character for the students.

Greenevillefan, I agree that the administration is concerned about our reputation and rightly. We already are despised by many because of our supposed advantages and to act like thugs and brats doesn't help that at all. That is NOT what the majority of the kids at GHS are but a few can quickly ruin it for the many. Reputation and character are extremely important. After all, when it comes down to it you come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing so the only legacy you can leave behind is based on your reputation. I, for one, want all of our teams to be known as "class acts" as they represent us as a community. In this case we can fully support the administration and fully support the team. And fortunately, the girls team still can make a run at it and as good as they are playing lately, I fully expect great things!

I know the team wants to be there tonight more than anything. I agree with runfast - you live and die as a team but they always look forward to the CC game and that's why I can't help but to feel so bad for them, the CC girls and both teams' fans. It would have been another great match-up.

Sorry dood but you have no clue as to the truth! Its amazing they let people post on her to bad mouth or bash individuals, and those who monitor this should not allow that to happen. This poster has never had anything good to add to a post on any of the threads.

No need for anyone to get on here and really explain what type of coaching staff the Lady Devils have. Those who are associated with the program know what type we do have! Unfortunately we have people on here that try to ruin an individuals image without knowing the truth! It just happens that the punishment for both boys and girls involved was the same. The punishment for the boys involved was the same as the girls involved. So to cry and complain about that is not very smart.

CoachT I hope you will stop any bashing of an individual on these threads, please take action and delete any posts and revoke their privilages!

How many teenagers wouldn't stand there and watch a fight. For that matter how many adults wouldn't watch two adults in a fight. I unerstand we are all supposed to be better than that and they should be better because they are athletes and where was their leadership, I understand all of that, but at the same time they are highschool kids. They are going to do dumb things, I know I did. I am not saying they shouldn't be punished, I am just not sure that the punishment fits the crime. The boy's season in over. A senior will never put on a jersey again and the girls will now most likely be in West bracket in Region and have a far less chance of making a playoff run. Pretty harsh if you ask me. Funny how the whole football team didn't get suspended for watching and taping a fight in their lockerroom.

Seems a bit harsh to me as well....and I bet Billy D was just a tad put out.

Old news, go on over to the IMAC thread and get up to speed with everyone else. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Saw it there but everyone doesn't dig down in to that site like you IMAC'ers do. Just information and wondered who was footing the bill of the game cancelled. Courageous action for sure but how could the forfeit be avoided? Playing it with players involved suspended or coach suspended or both an option? Did this help those not involved or did it just help hide those that were? Or was it a way for the leadership to hide making a very very tough decision? At least something was done. Playing the next night, must have not been serious.

WOW hoopsfan...okay we get it. You have a strongly negative (pretty much hateful) opinion of our coach and I have taken that into consideration as I am not responding to anything you said until the last sentence. I am a parent of one of the "NO TALENT" girls and I must say, that's pretty low to be trashing the players personally. So, you mark MY words, I will take the EXTREMELY TALENTED 09-10 Lady Devils over anyone next year:

Shipley and Kelley = OFF THE HOOK! (Don't need to say anything else - check their stats)

Ramsey and Christopher = Experience/Talent and Excitement/Potential! (Junior and Freshman Guards)

Storey and Fender = Formiddable at the Post! (These are just Sophs by the way)

Makayla Neas = Another Strong Guard and Demon on Defense (also just a Soph)

So, get your facts straight before you go trashing my kid and her team!

WOW hoopsfan...okay we get it. You have a strongly negative (pretty much hateful) opinion of our coach and I have taken that into consideration as I am not responding to anything you said until the last sentence. I am a parent of one of the "NO TALENT" girls and I must say, that's pretty low to be trashing the players personally. So, you mark MY words, I will take the EXTREMELY TALENTED 09-10 Lady Devils over anyone next year:

Shipley and Kelley = OFF THE HOOK! (Don't need to say anything else - check their stats)

Ramsey and Christopher = Experience/Talent and Excitement/Potential! (Junior and Freshman Guards)

Storey and Fender = Formiddable at the Post! (These are just Sophs by the way)

Makayla Neas = Another Strong Guard and Demon on Defense (also just a Soph)

So, get your facts straight before you go trashing my kid and her team!

I should have made it clear that the girls playing are talented. I didn't mean their aren't any good players. I was referring to the big division one talent players they have had in the past by saying that talent is gone because their are no more megans, nakeishas, nicoles coming through. Didn't mean any offense to the current players as they are talented players.

I should have made it clear that the girls playing are talented. I didn't mean their aren't any good players. I was referring to the big division one talent players they have had in the past by saying that talent is gone because their are no more megans, nakeishas, nicoles coming through. Didn't mean any offense to the current players as they are talented players.

I say 5 very talented players contributing all the time vs. 1 or 2 "stars" will always make for a better team, record and season. You referenced SG, they are a prime example of what team ball is all about...they all contribute and I think that's what you will see next year out of GHS.