13AA Championship

GCPioneer

Congrats to Gibson Co. on a great performance tonight and their first district championship since 2004. They're looking mighty good right now. Way to go, Westview, for an outstanding regular season and tournament, as well to all of the deserving young ladies on the all-district and all-tournament teams.

It's the real tournament, for sure, starting this Friday night with elimination games. Not saying these two teams won't be there playing for the region championship, but just remember that last year it was the #4 seed from the 13AA district tournament (Gibson Co.) that won the regional title.

The region bracket isn't set up exactly as I predicted it would, but I'm expecting at least three 13AA teams to win in the first round.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen North Side and Haywood both play. They are both the 2 top teams from Dist. 14AA. I honestly think Milan could beat either one of them if they play a good game. North Side has some quick guards and a decent post, but they're not deep on the bench at all. Perika should be able to eliminate North Side's post play though.

I've seen North Side and Haywood both play. They are both the 2 top teams from Dist. 14AA. I honestly think Milan could beat either one of them if they play a good game. North Side has some quick guards and a decent post, but they're not deep on the bench at all. Perika should be able to eliminate North Side's post play though.

I have seen Milan play several times this year. I find it very hard to see Perika dominating anyone because her coach will not leave her in long enough to do anything. The assistant coach with the stop watch is the most unusual thing I have ever witness. What's up with that. Is she timing how long each group get's to stay in the game. If the Milan-NS game happens, remember the NS coach is a Milan alumni and Very SUCCESSFUL former Lady Bulldog head coach. This would make for a great matchup.

The most striking difference to me between the teams in the championship game and the consolation game is the fitness level of the players. Both Westview and Gibson Country are extremely physically fit; I have never seen a player with a motor like Heather Butler. My impression of the Gibson County performance is that it was the strongest game I have seen played by a girls team in the last several years. Westview did not play that poorly; Gibson County was just relentless.

GC was relentless and physical as always..the better team won last night. Disappointed with Westview's lack of team play as seen in previous two district games. I agree others have to step up but I also saw many opportunities to pass the ball to wide open team mates ignored and difficult shots in the lane taken instead. Westview needs to put this one behind them and focus on the very favorable regional bracket in front of them.

Does the GC win now set up a possible rematch of OC and GC if OC can pull off a road win? If so, that would be the game to watch. I believe I read that OC matched up with GC pretty good. I may have to make that game if it happens. Correct me if I am wrong on this. Thanks

i dont think oc match up with gc all gc has to do is stop fussel and that game is not even close but easier said then done if oc stop one of gc players they still have to stop 4 others i think they are are going to play and i think westview is going to make it to state with no problem now

first off. forty seven points scored by the fussel girl last night. wow lol... pat summit please get this girl! lol... also thirty put up by butler very good as well in a championship game setting. congrats to the lady p's!

i just dont really like how gc is the number one seed and still will have to play obion to make it to the championship game... westview lost but really is rewarded with a much easier set up to get to the 'ship...

Does the GC win now set up a possible rematch of OC and GC if OC can pull off a road win? If so, that would be the game to watch. I believe I read that OC matched up with GC pretty good. I may have to make that game if it happens. Correct me if I am wrong on this. Thanks

Regional bracket:

Covington/FW loser at Gibson Co.

Obion Central at Haywood/NS loser

Milan at Haywood/NS winner

Covington/FW winner at Westview

i just dont really like how gc is the number one seed and still will have to play obion to make it to the championship game... westview lost but really is rewarded with a much easier set up to get to the 'ship...

Doesn't always work that way. Last year Gibson County finished forth and had the easier way to the region championship. Milan, Obion, and Northside were all on the opposite side because of upsets in the two district tournaments. Just so happens the best three teams in the region are in one district and the 1 and 3 seeds are on the same side. The way it is set up is the correct way to do it. I also like that they put in the higher seed gets to host the first round. Puts a little more importance in the district semis games.

Great game by GC last night. One of the most complete games they have played. They didn't have the usual 2 minute lull they have had in the previous games that I have seen. Westview didn't play bad, just not well enough.