District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

There is a HUGE difference in stats and coaching.

The stats are used to pick MVP and all-tournament/district team.

The conduct of a coach and how well the team performs with the talent they have is what determines coach of the year. That's why Coach Decker should have won COY.

How well team performs with what talent they have....3 district wins does not constitute COY or performing all that well...sorry. I realize Coach Decker's track record as a coach is good and this is not to put her down...but dang.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCord isn't crying over not getting an award...at all. His concern is not for himself but the kids who play for him....he thought Hudson and Janes should have been on all district team and that is no secret. We leave 13AA having won the championship 3 years in a row....that speaks for itself.

You don't know McCord if you think he is not crying about that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You don't know McCord if you think he is not crying about that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Over a popularity contest.....mmmm hmmmmm. He was upset over his kids not getting recognized....I CAN certainly understand that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Way I'd look at it personally is if that many coaches disliked me.....I must be getting the job done /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Stuff like that would just motivate me even more.

I'll preface all of this post by saying it's just my opinion...

It would appear by their votes that the 13AA coaches have not cleared DCHS of alleged wrongdoing even though the TSSAA allegedly has...

One question: Where were Dyer County's starters playing when they were in, say, 7th grade?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd really like to see an answer to that. It would say a lot.

Ok, its obvious the main point of my argument was missed..... YES, we all know people EVERYWHERE go to support winning teams.... my point is that I have rarely if ever seen more people be as hypocritical about they're loyalty and support of a SCHOOL (not just a single solitary team) in my life (and i've been around sport as a coaches son when they were state champs and when they struggled, player much like CJs case struggling early and being very sucessful later, coach of great teams and bad ones, and a fan)! !! Don't come on here or be out in public professing your love for your school and crying about how others treat your players unfairly by a vote but then you treat groups of YOUR OWN PLAYERS even more unfairly by ignoring them! Thats the basis of what i'm saying... in fact I'm defending a large group of DC people.... the lady choctaws (so once again dont call me a DC hater). I have not once accused DC of wrongdoing or even implied it! I have not once said those young men dont deserve every bit of success they are enjoying!! I have not once said one negative thing on here about McCord!!

... you see Mr. Yankee, and others, I'm for ALL KIDS that work hard and give their best... not just the ones that put Ws in the record books! We as adults really tend to focus too much on just winning and not LIFE! Prime example: How many of the 4 DC seniors from last year that went on to play on a college are "academically lacking" and either could not play or had to be removed at semester for grades? All four I do believe! So what does that say about how far just winning basketball games in high school will get you? And to tie it all together let me use this analogy:

The "fair weather fan" mentality will lead to a kid who played and if he grows up without a REAL plan and ends up back in Dbrug/Newburn or "anytown USA" with no degree or whatever.... since they are not "winning in life" the same way they were a few years back will the great fan base that loves(ed) them so much then go and buy them clothes, feed them, give them decent paying jobs? NOOOOOOOOOO. Does that analogy make sense to all of you intelligent enough to understand it? We need to teach the kids VALUES in all areas of life and I feel that we as a society are failing miserably and the actions of last night are a glowing example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly wish these young men well and that they get back on track b/c from my experiences with them they are good kids and have the potential to be successful as adults.

AND FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE DONT TAKE THIS AS A KNOCK OF COACH McCORD!!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCROD!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCORD! This is not a slick, tricky, backhanded, silver tounged way of blaming him. His job is to get them to win and try to teach them hard work (that should be used in all aspects) to be successful and he has certainly done that!

Great Post the best I have ever seen on here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It would appear by their votes that the 13AA coaches have not cleared DCHS of alleged wrongdoing even though the TSSAA allegedly has...

One question: Where were Dyer County's starters playing when they were in, say, 7th grade?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd really like to see an answer to that. It would say a lot.

No alleged to it...he has been cleared. If you want to talk about kids being in other schools in the 7th grade....well good amount of D-burg's jv team are from DC....as well as their baseball team...which has 6 new players...ALL transfers....you might as well go ask every 13aa school this same question. Before the D-burg people get on here and get all bent out of whack...this was just the first example that came to me off the top of my head...not saying anything illegal BUT I'd be REAL CAREFUL what I post about this subject and DC...REAL CAREFUL...last thread went away....reason for that.

No alleged to it...he has been cleared. If you want to talk about kids being in other schools in the 7th grade....well good amount of D-burg's jv team are from DC....as well as their baseball team...which has 6 new players...ALL transfers....you might as well go ask every 13aa school this same question. Before the D-burg people get on here and get all bent out of whack...this was just the first example that came to me off the top of my head...not saying anything illegal BUT I'd be REAL CAREFUL what I post about this subject and DC...REAL CAREFUL...last thread went away....reason for that.

The question was about DC's starters not Dyersburg baseball....amazing how people want to talk about others instead of answering the questions..

Come on adsmom, stop trying to start a Red Scare. Dyersburg posters are aware of what you are talking about. We KNOW more than you think. (I don't know about bigman15, but ALOT of us do)

"The CoachT Salem Witch Trials" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SOMEONE FROM DYER COUNTY ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!!

Great Post bigman15 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />