Lawrence Co beats Shelbyville

PURPLE76

PURPLE76 I can not believe you would start something like this about this young lady. After you read this you are going write I??™m sorry I don??™t know Hannah or her family but the problem is it is too late. You have written something for everyone to see about this young ladies character. I have been around her and her family for sometime and have never heard those words being spoken from them. The official who asset the Technical was not even around her and never gave Coach Burkey a reason why she received the Tech.

I for one am amazed of how little respect this young lady has received from this district while she has been at Shelbyville. I am also tired of people saying she was one of Coach Insell??™s recruits before he left for MTSU? I know for a FACT that Coach Insell never ask Hannah or her parents to come to play for him at Shelbyville. But as of today Five High School programs have ask her to leave Shelbyville since her Freshman season to come and play for them. As I have watched Hannah play High School and Travel Ball I have learned something from her. She has never played for her parents, people in the stands watching her or for something to be written about her in a news paper. When you sit down and ask her about a game she will tell you that her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ blessed her with the ability to play the game and she lays it all on the line for Him because that is what He did for her.

I know Purple76 and I promise you he is not trying to disrespect Dawson. I have heard him praise her on many ocasions. He said the rumor was that something was said and his post was just to set the record straight and see if anyone knew what really happened.

PURPLE76 the next time you take the time to write something on this website or anywhere else think before you do. Most of the young ladies who adults are writing about already carry a burden for their team because of the position they have been placed in. I for one believe you owe Hannah Dawson an apology and not just getting on Coacht but personally walking up face to face and to say you are sorry for questioning her character.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From most all of the fans in 7AAA. we appreciate how you have laid this on the line concerning this player and hope your thoughts can be translated to all players in all Districts. Things happen and players have to be careful and it looks as if players will need some instruction preseason every year of the pitfalls of actions with all of this commotion continuing to go on. Everyone seems to be"in game" these days and some of it may be true but let the administration handle it. This was a good post.

PURPLE76 I can not believe you would start something like this about this young lady. After you read this you are going write I??™m sorry I don??™t know Hannah or her family but the problem is it is too late. You have written something for everyone to see about this young ladies character. I have been around her and her family for sometime and have never heard those words being spoken from them. The official who asset the Technical was not even around her and never gave Coach Burkey a reason why she received the Tech.

I for one am amazed of how little respect this young lady has received from this district while she has been at Shelbyville. I am also tired of people saying she was one of Coach Insell??™s recruits before he left for MTSU? I know for a FACT that Coach Insell never ask Hannah or her parents to come to play for him at Shelbyville. But as of today Five High School programs have ask her to leave Shelbyville since her Freshman season to come and play for them. As I have watched Hannah play High School and Travel Ball I have learned something from her. She has never played for her parents, people in the stands watching her or for something to be written about her in a news paper. When you sit down and ask her about a game she will tell you that her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ blessed her with the ability to play the game and she lays it all on the line for Him because that is what He did for her.

PURPLE76 the next time you take the time to write something on this website or anywhere else think before you do. Most of the young ladies who adults are writing about already carry a burden for their team because of the position they have been placed in. I for one believe you owe Hannah Dawson an apology and not just getting on Coacht but personally walking up face to face and to say you are sorry for questioning her character.

I agree that to post about a player making a mistake in the heat of passion is kinda silly. If she didn't say it at all, great, if she did, many players become too emotional especially during contested ball games. I also think it is a little over the top to state that Purple is speaking of anyone's character. It could be the intent, but does not accomplish this if this was Purples purpose of posting. I for one would not lower my opinion of a high school girl at any school due to her saying a cuss word during a hotly contested ballgame. I would know that normally she probably doesn't speak that way. Lastly, I would remember this, (let them who are without sin cast the first stone). Thats pretty much takes us all out of it as far as any opinions on character since all of us have done acts at some point in our lives that we wish we could undo or take back. Does this mean we have no character or does it mean we make mistakes due to being human and prone to error. Just because you happen to play ball doesn't mean you should be held to a different standard. We all make mistakes, part of the human condition. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

PURPLE76 could have asked the question differently about this player instead of using the word he/she chose. I believe when you write this particular word that was chosen you are saying something about that person's character. I know we all have different opinions about the language that we may speak but this word goes beyond normal words.

Because of PURPLE76 writing on Coacht and phasing the question with this word has caused this young lady to have to go back and talk with her parents, coaches, discussion about having to go before National Honor Society Council and her future college coach.

All I was trying to say in my original post was that everyone must really think before they start typing words about student athletes and how it may affect them.

PURPLE76 could have asked the question differently about this player instead of using the word he/she chose. I believe when you write this particular word that was chosen you are saying something about that person's character. I know we all have different opinions about the language that we may speak but this word goes beyond normal words.

Because of PURPLE76 writing on Coacht and phasing the question with this word has caused this young lady to have to go back and talk with her parents, coaches, discussion about having to go before National Honor Society Council and her future college coach.

All I was trying to say in my original post was that everyone must really think before they start typing words about student athletes and how it may affect them.

If that is the case, then I would be quite concerned about any college coach that would pay any attention to a rumor posted on Coach T. And that goes for the honor society and everything else you mentioned. My God, everyone makes mistakes, even in Shelbyville. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You all are absolutely correct. I am truely sorry, sorry, sorry. I guess it came out as a question b4 I really thought about it. Hanna i'm sorry. I also should not have worried about what the T was for or not listen to rumors. Again i'm sorry.

I guess purple did'nt think a lot about the statement. You know for years now as a parent Ii have heard from players how dirty some of the teams talk on the floor during games. This has happened in AAU, Jr High & High School. So my statement to my children is that just because some do this does not make it right. Live and learn.

Everyone makes mistakes, but that was a low blow. I know I go to school with you Purple, even though I don't know you, but you need to know someone personally before making statements like that about them. On a different note, every game doesn't have to do with the officiating. After every game you point out how the officials did more so than you do the players.

Everyone makes mistakes, but that was a low blow. I know I go to school with you Purple, even though I don't know you, but you need to know someone personally before making statements like that about them. On a different note, every game doesn't have to do with the officiating. After every game you point out how the officials did more so than you do the players.

I ,went back and looked at his or her comments and i disagree ,for the most part he is talking abought the next game not the one just played ,as for the other it was a mistake he or she said sorry ,thats all you can do ,and move on, and hope the lawrencecounty lady cats win tonight go cats